cultures according to their values. This involves understanding the culture and way of life of the
The Indigenous protocol provides understanding and respect to Indigenous views and cultural
diversity. The people of Australia have an obligation to recognise, respect, and protect the exercise
of Indigenous cultures (United Nations 2008).
Indigenous communities are the original inhabitants of their nation. There is a strong respect for the
land, animals, ancestors, and Elders (Aboriginal Services 2009).
You can show respect by listening and understanding the culture. This will build strong
relationships. Listening will build trust and increase your understanding of the job. Working with
rather than “on” invokes a sense of ownership and will increase productivity as well as additional
Before starting and modifying projects, discuss and receive approval. Lack of consultation results in
a lack of respect for the client because it can leave a sense of powerless to affect the decisions being
made. To provide good consultation will increase the relationship between you and your client
because they will appreciate your willingness .
Indigenous communities have a special respect for their land and country. According to Korff (JK)
“The land owns Aboriginal people and every aspect of their lives is connected to it”. This means
that you should acknowledge the land to which your are working with. On way to acknowledged
the land is to consult with the appropriate people in that community.
Remote area will often have difficult terrain and harsh weather due to under developed areas.
Before planning the project, consider a ...
... middle of paper ...
Remote communities need special solutions developed because they may be an underdeveloped
area, social communication may be limited, and there may be extra physical pressures.
In remote areas, you and your work may be closely scrutinised which may be taken the wrong way
(Judith Austin 2010, p. 22). Remote communities may have extra physical pressure that must be
taken into account such as harsh terrain and weather due to underdeveloped areas. Consider a
practical day of the client which may include travelling across the terrain before planning a solution.
An underdeveloped area may not have basic functionality such as plumbing. In this case it would be
unwise to install a shower. Do not assume what you take for granted.
The decisions and recommendations made throughout all projects must clearly uphold the institute
of engineers Australian code of ethics.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Introduction A Discourse Community is a group of people whose members share the same goals and use mechanisms to communicate with each other through an acquired, specific lexis that enables individuals to attain goals with the help of other expert and intermediate members. I chose to observe a Corporate Entrepreneurship class as my discourse community because I am interested in business and entrepreneurship. My task was to evaluate whether or not exposure to this business course changes the way the individuals within the discourse community communicate with each other and how this change, if any, effects their ability to achieve goals.... [tags: Corporation, Business, Goal, Discourse community]
1030 words (2.9 pages)
- Writing is an important and useful way to communicate with people. Without an essential writing skill, people may have difficulty communicating with others. In Pace University, English Department focuses on improving students writing by adding a workshop class to improve students ' writing. Over the course of the semester, I have learned a better technique and tips from Professor Boylan, reading an essay from authors and class discussion. Writing had always been one of my weaknesses, but it was challenging to take that initial step past high school.... [tags: Writing, Better, Improve, Writer]
1126 words (3.2 pages)
- The world today revolves around social media. Almost everyone has some kind of social media outlet that allows them to communicate with the outside world. Social media is so prevalent now that even businesses have turned to social outlets to attract customers. Observations made in this project were made through the use of social media. The observation made in this project is to show how social media is a virtual community and it allows people to express themselves however they want, social standing in the community, and how people are always connected through social media.... [tags: Social media, Sociology, Virtual community]
1147 words (3.3 pages)
- TITLE Hope Erickson H2P Dr. Hoyer 15 October 2015 Community is a group of people who are viewed as a whole due to their common values, attitudes, and goals. The common threads differ from community to community, but are crucial to the understanding of unity. In The Songlines by Bruce Chatwin, the indigenous people of Australia, or Aboriginals, find community through common spiritual beliefs. Aboriginals believe that totemic beings had once wandered the land singing what that came upon, which brought the earth into existence.... [tags: Moses, Ten Commandments, Bible, Torah]
1360 words (3.9 pages)
- In this assignment will be about “How does Deaf communicate and what languages do they use to communicate?” Communication is vital for everybody in all situations such as home, schooling, socially and in the workplace. Many people are unable to communicate using words such as, hearing impaired. A language has been developed in Australia, which therefore it called Auslan, to enable the profoundly deaf to communicate with both the hearing and the non-hearing throughout their life; enabling them to participate in society and workplaces successfully.... [tags: Deaf culture, Hearing impairment, Sign language]
1869 words (5.3 pages)
- Communication is active behaviour. By communicating successfully, we understand, tackle and resolve issues. Various tools and environments have been developed to extend our ability to communicate. Built environment is not the exception and has been designed to aid various means and opportunities for us to gather and communicate in private and public contexts. With the advent of technologies, we were introduced to exponential abilities to communicate differently and have been encouraged, or pushed in some cases, to utilise the information and communication technologies (ICT) to their full extent.... [tags: Communication]
910 words (2.6 pages)
- Several different approaches are used to communicate healthy life choices; some examples are lectures, training objectives, individual coaching, and patient counseling sessions (Trident, n.d.). The thought of sending an e-card to get someone 's attention about a health issue is new to me. Sure I’ve sent e-greating cards, but I would’ve never thought of the idea to use e-cards to raise awareness. After visiting the HealthFinders website and viewing several of the e-cards, I choose an e-card from the category of Healthy Celebration.... [tags: Health, Health care, Health education, Medicine]
732 words (2.1 pages)
- Community policing has been one of the most popular programs in police departments not only all over the United States, but also throughout the world. More and more departments are implementing community policing, team policing, problem-oriented policing, neighborhood- oriented policing, or other similar programs as we speak. Yes, the term "community policing" does sound very attractive to most citizens and many officers, but the important question is whether the programs are effective or not in the communities in which these departments have implemented community policing.... [tags: Understanding Community Policing]
3666 words (10.5 pages)
- A continuous community service project involves many pieces that have to fit together perfectly in order to complete the puzzle. The first step is to determine your idea for your project. Then you have to find a way to sponsor your funds. Next is the step where you pinpoint which organization your community service project is going to benefit and all the event details. Finally, it is time to put your community service project into drive. Your community service should be one to benefit the people of a community.... [tags: Community Service Essays]
1116 words (3.2 pages)
- Investigating How Barclays Communicate With Their Customers There are different types of ways; Barclays can communicate both internal and external customers. If the bank is communicating with internal customers (i.e. employees), this is known as internal communication. If the bank is communicating with external customers (i.e. community, shareholders), this is known as external communication. Verbal communication The financial bank can use verbal communication to communicate with customers within the organisation such as, face-to-face conversation, and outside the organisation such as, dealing with customer’s complaint over the telephone.... [tags: Papers]
534 words (1.5 pages)