After being held by her parents for the first time, Elaina was rushed to be checked for standard procedure. Everything checked out fine, until she was handed over to a new doctor fresh out of medical school. The doctor checked her legs to see if her development was on track. However, he said, “I might be wrong but I think your baby has hip dysplasia.” Elaina was checked further and they concluded that she had hip dysplasia in both legs, the right leg being more severe than the left. Her mother was appalled to see her third child have legs that just dangled there with no sense of movement or gravity.
Elaina’s hip dysplasia seemed like a long journey to reach normalcy. They concluded that the hip dysplasia did not have a cause, but could have not fully developed in the womb. The first step they took to fix her hip dysplasia was eleven weeks in a pavlik harness. This consisted of a shoulder strap connecting to a chest strap that held the feet and legs. Connie thought this would be a somewhat quick fix because approximately 90% of infant...
... middle of paper ...
...s were busy she spent time with her cousin, Denise. Denise had three little boys and Elaina enjoyed playing with her cousins. She spent most of her days playing with her siblings. They would often watch Disney movies. Elaina also loved playing outside in her backyard. She enjoyed watching her siblings play on the monkey bars and swings while she sat in the sandbox. She also loved to mow with her dad while she was strapped in a “kangaroo back holder.” She looked forward to these moments as an infant. As Elaina grew her personality, she turned into a bubbly and quite sassy little girl. Her family often called her, “smiley” because there was never a day Elaina didn’t have a smile on her face. Overall, the first years on this earth for Elaina came with complications that were easily overcame. With the love and care of her family, she developed into a happy little girl.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- He awoke to the sun's beam hitting his face, the yellow ray had snuck through a small hole in his drapes. He adjusted to the unconventional alarm, sliding slightly getting the ray off of him. He continued to lay in bed,staring at the ceiling a dull grey-stone color. His room remained quiet and dark, as it would always if he didn't wish it not. He let out a long sigh. 'Here comes another day.' He thought bitterly. He threw his covers off and stood, stretching and letting out a yawn. He pulled aside his drapes, dispensing the red hue that bathed his bedroom.... [tags: Books, Wolves]
1819 words (5.2 pages)
- Winter There are four different types of seasons. They are Summer, Spring, Fall, and Winter. They each hold its own period in which they occur. Some days are long and some days are short depending on the season. Different weather, daylight hours, holidays, and different events are all events in which occur throughout the season. The events that can occur also depends on what’s the season. In each season, there are different activities that can be accomplished. For example, some seasons contain certain holidays that occur in them like Christmas, which only happens in the winter.... [tags: Season, Winter, Weather, Autumn]
1336 words (3.8 pages)
- ... At the time though things like this were not running through my head, the only thing I was thinking about was all the good memories I am about to make with a pretty good group of people. Drinking all night till we all throw up at least once, breaking the piss barrier we had building in our bladder, doing dumbshit like taking the jeep mudding or riding behind the jeep holding a rope while riding a longboard drunk off my ass, we even ended up making a beer bong that would go from the second floor of the house to the garage.... [tags: Mother, Parent, High school, Family]
741 words (2.1 pages)
- A Winter Snow When I think back upon the memories of my childhood, I clearly recall a specific winter afternoon at my grandmother’s house. It is an especially cold day, I remember. I am dressed in two pairs of thick socks, two sweatshirts, a heavy winter coat, and my bright pink rain boots. I am nine years old, and to me, winter snow is pure magic. As I step out onto my grandmother’s back porch, I remember losing my breath, not only from the bitter cold, but also from the captivating scene. I am immediately taken aback by the view.... [tags: Personal Experience, Autobiography]
574 words (1.6 pages)
- (this is a paper i wrote for english the grade was an A) A Cold Day In Seattle It was a cold winter day on that dreadful morning. School was closed because of a holiday. Justen’s friends Jeremy and Billy came over to see if he could go to Capitol Hill with them. He agreed and their friend Ryan drove them. It was about 1:00pm when we they there, but the three boys would of never have gone if they only knew. Ryan dropped the trio of and said he would be back at 8:00pm in the same spot, because he had band practice at 3:00.... [tags: essays research papers]
662 words (1.9 pages)
- ... Sal goes to Denver alone ,however Dean suddenly joins him and travel south all the way to Mexico City in the Spring. The geographic setting of the book takes place all over the country. Sal lives in New Jersey with his aunt, which is north of Delaware ,west of the Atlantic Ocean, and east of Pennsylvania. Sal sometimes spends time in New York ,located north of Pennsylvania, and west of Vermont, Massachusetts, and Connecticut. Dean , Sal and all their friends travel to the west of the United States.... [tags: United States, Cold War, New York City]
709 words (2 pages)
- In the United Stares, a President compromises a Presidential doctrine with key goals, attitudes, and/or stances for the United States foreign affairs outlines. A lot of the Presidential doctrines came after the cold war and a lot of the doctrines are passed upon the Soviet Union, which was trying to become an independent super power country. The global events of the Cold War started for the Soviet Union right after World War II, in which the Soviets quickly began breaking the agreements made at the 1945 Yalta conference.... [tags: Cold War, Soviet Union, World War II, Russia]
1156 words (3.3 pages)
- A cold, depressing, long period of time where people are upset and broke from the cost of happiness; runny noses, cheeks rosy and never feeling dressed warm enough: Is it really the most wonderful time of the year. In my eyes, it is. Winter to me; is something completely different. A time where you wake up snuggled up with the heat blaring, a time where everything around you takes your breath away and a time where what you have is cherished most. What is truly so great about winter. The atmosphere changes, the spirituality really stands out due to Christmas and happiness is like the flu that we all manage to catch.... [tags: Persuasive Essay, Argumentative Essay]
787 words (2.2 pages)
- It was his first, a winter so cold that he would joke about dying rather than experiencing it, but this season's winter would change how Takash felt about that. He was a hard working laborer, just like all the other men in the village, working at the field sunrise to sunset. He had a wife, two children; his hut was one of the first to be hit by the sun's ray in the morning, which he liked. But none of that mattered much once the winter rolled around. Food was scarce, even the rich and schoalrs were barely holding on.... [tags: short story]
561 words (1.6 pages)
- Winter Solstice The elemental threads woven into the tapestry of traditions we call the Winter Solstice are light, hope, and charity. In the midst of the winter darkness, we beseech the light to return to us with its warmth and fertility, we maintain hope for a healthy and prosperous life, and we share with others, those blessings that we have so graciously been given through kind and thoughtful acts of charity. Dancing through five thousand years of human history, these themes enfold this season in a rich, layered collage of celebrations, folklore and tradition.... [tags: Religion Mythology Literature Essays]
1422 words (4.1 pages)