Admittedly, I am a planner and being a planner implies that I must configure a plan of strategy that will help me acknowledge what should be done so that I may prosper in the career I have chosen. While putting together a strategic plan for becoming a dentist, I found myself realizing what Maryville College can do for someone who wants to be in the medical field and the many tools they provide to ensure success. One example of how I was able to harness so much information about Maryville College was through my attending the 2011 Spring Career fair, as it allowed me to see how much is offered by not only the vendors and potent...
... middle of paper ...
...f higher learning, it remains to be fully dedicated to its students through educational advancements. By way of my interviews with Dr. Jerilyn Swann, the Associate Professor of Biology and Dr. Cranston Moses, a local dentist, I obtained valuable information. Through the entire process of researching my career of interest I declared myself a biology major, become an advisee of Jerilyn Swann, was reminded of the importance of dentistry, and started my journey to success. Fully acknowledging the difficult times that are ahead of me, I’ll continually remind myself of where my education can lead me. What does the future hold for me? Will I be a dentist one day? Those questions go through my mind daily and none can know the outcome of the future, but as Corrie Ten Boom herself has stated” Never be afraid to trust an unknown future to a known God” ("Good Reads").
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Choosing a Career as a Medical Assistant I chose a career as a medical assistant because of the rewards I knew I would experience on a daily basis. Seeing a patient smile because I have helped them understand, or just making them feel comfortable with their visit, is just one of the many perks of my job. Upon graduating from an accredited college such as The College of Health Care Professions (CHCP), I now work for one of the most reputable hospitals in my area. Within two short years of committed studies, I obtained my associate of applied science degree, and then went on to obtain my certification as a medical assistant.... [tags: Physician, Medicine, Ralph Waldo Emerson]
785 words (2.2 pages)
- Choosing a career path was not easy. I wanted to be able to do so many task that did not fit into certain criteria. My main goal in life is to be able to help those that need support. Getting a psychology degree was a leverage because I could get my degree in this field and use it to help others out. I wanted to be a psychodynamic therapist when I started classes, but after finding out there are more career paths available, I decided to enter the work force of being a victim advocate. By being a victim advocate, I will be able to support crime victims when they most need it.... [tags: Criminology, Crime, Victim, Homelessness]
807 words (2.3 pages)
- Choosing a Career as an Athletic Trainer The number of employment opportunities for athletic trainers in the secondary school setting has substantially increased in the past few years and will more than likely continue to grow in the future5. As the number of athletic trainers in the secondary school increases, as do the number of high school aged students who are being exposed to the athletic training profession. More than ever before, athletic trainers are playing a key role in the development and future of the profession due to their ability to influence students’ perceptions of the profession5.... [tags: High school, Education, College, Secondary school]
810 words (2.3 pages)
- Marketing Management Choosing a career that will highlight your personality traits and give adequate compensation can be difficult. A career in Marketing requires an understanding of customers’ needs and wants and then transforms them into product development and strategies to sell to consumers. A career in Marketing Management would be a great outlet for my creative abilities and leadership abilities. However, my research has shed light on the difficulties in my chosen career path. Marketing managers have a certain amount of skills required in their field, advancement opportunities are small with women in marketing having a certain stigma surrounding them causing small advancement opport... [tags: Marketing, Marketing management, Business]
788 words (2.3 pages)
- Ever since civilization was capable of recording history, we were able to identify the type of job fields that existed throughout history. Not much has changed over the centuries; Ancient Greece consisted of farmers and fishermen just like we have today. According to the Bible, Jesus Christ was a carpenter by trade, he followed in the footsteps of his adoptive father. I believe a lot of people throughout history have aimed to follow the same line of work as their parents, because they respected their mother/father; parents have a big influence on our career choices.... [tags: career, choice, path, vocation]
725 words (2.1 pages)
- ... I downloaded the game and I enjoyed the graphic of the game and the unique playing style. He worked for the Riot Company in the LA, and he is a professional graphic designer to me. After watching this video three times, I was amazed and I felt that this is my thing. I want it. The video inspired and directed me to my future career path. Both of my parents are blue-collar workers. My father did not go to middle school and my mother did not finish her middle school education. My father always wanted me to get a white-collar job, someone who worked in an office and got paid well and paid constantly.... [tags: college life]
804 words (2.3 pages)
- Everyone hopes to be something great when they grow up, whether it is a fairy princess, a rodeo cowboy, or a popular superhero. As long as I can remember, I have wanted to be a dentist. Through this discovery at a young age, I found it to be a career that would be suitable for me because it had seemed that I was always having something done in a dentist’s office. Remembering the many times I would have to go and sit in a reclining chair at the dentist’s office , getting teeth pulled, getting braces, or having my wisdom teeth removed.... [tags: Goals, Jobs, Adulthood]
1050 words (3 pages)
- Flying thousands of feet up in the sky is a dream of many young children, but very few actually end up as a pilot when they grow up. Commercial airline pilots will always be needed, but many people do not even think about choosing this as a career. Pilots have extremely important jobs. They must fly people place to place with no problems while at the controls of thousands of pounds of metal and flammable fuel, not to mention the many passengers. A pilot’s job is very risky, but it is also very rewarding.... [tags: qualifications, salary, responsibility]
584 words (1.7 pages)
- When choosing a career it is imperative to assess what is important to you in your personal life, and then decide what career will help achieve those personal goals. Some of the goals I have in my life will change, while others may stay the same. Many of those goals are tied to my career, which also helps draw interest in that particular career, while other goals may clash with that chosen career. The hard part is deciding what is most important, or how to achieve both goals even though it may be difficult.... [tags: Airline, Southwest Airlines, Regional airline]
810 words (2.3 pages)
- ... So that is why school is a way to clarify some of those issues for them. School can help with creating interests and goals for young adults. Likewise, while in school they can execute a little piece of research to promote their involvement in the profession. While this is happening, they can learn to create resumes, cover letters, and essays for graduate school. The school can also allow the younger generation of individuals to develop strategic plans, network among others, and prepare them for future interviews.... [tags: decisions, actions, goals, development]
1372 words (3.9 pages)
- The Juxtaposition of Competitors
- Grete’s Violin And Dorotea’s Bundle As Symbols Of Humanity That Contrast With Pedro Paramo And Gregor’s Father’s Lack Of Humanity
- Reflection on Love’s Executioner
- Shirley Jackson's The Lottery
- Nano-microbicides are the Solution to the HIV Pandemic
- The Lost but Found Sheep