My occupation of choice is web designer, and I chose this because even though I don’t know everything about computers I am very fast at learning about them. It’s never too late to start this occupation and I know if I put time and effort into this\ I know I will love it and I can be good at it. As a web designer I will create and keep up with websites, including the layout, and function according to the client. (Web Developer) Web designing has really developed over time ever since the “World Wide Web” was created and it has visually improved as well as the speed and mobility. The requirements for this occupation vary with what kind of work that they do, they can range from a high school diploma to a bachelor’s degree. Though some employers prefer to hire those who have more experience and at least a computer degree especially if they’re going to be involved with a websites appearance. (Web Designer Training) Web designers should have good skills in communicating with their clients and should be able to make a decent website that meets their clients’ criteria. They also need good coding skills, and be up to date with on new tools and computer languages. They have many tasks that include writing supporting code for web sites, design, build or maintain web sites, select programming languages, design tool, or applications, develop databases that support web applications and web sites, perform or direct web site updates, the list is practically endless. Companies that are willing to hire web designers include Go Media, Forty-Seven Media, Studio 7 Design, and 400 but that’s just a small amount compared to the long list. As I said before it’s not impossible to become a web designer and it’s never too late. To get more in dep...
... middle of paper ...
...ng Web Design: A Beginner's Guide to (X)HTML, StyleSheets, and Web ..." Google Books. O'Reilly Media Inc, n.d. Web. 22 Jan. 2014.
"Web Designer Training." : Certifications, Career & Salary Information. Computer Training Schools, n.d. Web. 22 Jan. 2014.
"CareerShip: Careers." CareerShip: Careers. Americas Info Net, n.d. Web. 22 Jan. 2014.
Hellman, Nathan. "Web Developer: Salary." Web Developer Salary Information. N.p., n.d. Web. 22 Jan. 2014.
"Top 10 Best Online Web Design Schools and Degrees." Top Web Design Schools. Top Web Design School, n.d. Web. 27 Jan. 2014.
"Web Development Organizations." About.com Web Design / HTML. N.p., n.d. Web. 27 Jan. 2014.
Feigenbaum, Eric. "Pros & Cons of Graphic Designing | EHow." EHow. Demand Media, 26 Mar. 2011. Web. 27 Jan. 2014.
"Pros and Cons of Freelance Web Design." About.com Web Design / HTML. N.p., n.d. Web. 27 Jan. 2014.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- ... This deep seeded hatred lead to a new project to bring HTML back. The results of this project were finally seen by the public in 2004 with the release of HTML5. HTML5 brought back the simple days were not every line had to be perfect and where shortcuts were a thing. HTML5 was also designed in a way that was more flexible than the original and could move with time. HTML5 brought the next generation of computers with new multimedia integration allowing for web developers to use new levels of multimedia.... [tags: career choices, career opportunities]
2234 words (6.4 pages)
- Web design is related to design of web pages and web sites. Successful web designers should have good design skills, should have an aptitude towards drawing, and have knowledge of web-specific factors such as the image compression, screen resolution, website architecture, accessibility, usability, etc. A website might have a host of features such as interactive applications, e-commerce, search engine optimization, animations, etc. All this is the responsibility of the web designer. A career in web designing requires a combination of artistic skill and proficiency with technology.... [tags: Career Description]
507 words (1.4 pages)
- Some graphic designers make thousands of dollars for a single design. An individual who would want to work in the field of graphic design would have to have a bachelor’s degree in college. An individual needs to complete internships, so one may have experience in the work field. They have to have the required skills, one may need to have creativity, one may need to be experienced in design software, and more. An individual working in this field may have to be able to work regular business hours, may be required to work evenings and weekends.... [tags: Graphic design, Design, Typography, Web design]
1223 words (3.5 pages)
- ABOUT BSC GRAPHIC DESIGN Graphic design is a field of interdisciplinary exploration encompassing the study of divergent topics which includes visual arts, language, communications, aesthetics and computer technology. Graphic design extensively relies on language, icons, visual media and perspectives to convey aesthetic or creative content across media. The basic activity involves linguistic narrative and typography. In the modern era digital technology and software has become preeminent in this field.... [tags: Graphic design, Typography, Design, User interface]
771 words (2.2 pages)
- Jan Tschichold Kristen Bennett Southern Illinois University Edwardsville Abstract Graphic Design has evolved over the years from an early form of printmaking, to the 21st century method of using programs such as Photoshop, Illustrator, Indesign, and more. Graphic Design has been used in marketing and advertisement, logos and branding, web design, motion graphics, etc. Graphic Designers from the 1920s and 30s have a unique style where shapes, sans serifs, and photos are utilized in a design.... [tags: Typography, Graphic design, Design]
879 words (2.5 pages)
- ... With the inevitable need of internet sites for any website designing company Chennai, search for efficient net designers, is ever compelling. These professionals are needed in each field of business from massive firms to academics institutes, to little business to private uses. Here the web designer supposed to need knowledge in the HTML language and CSS. It contains domain name, perfect layout and hosting, design all kind of information can be handled in the certain sites. They are lots of jobs available for this career because lots of company is available in all over the world offering a web designing service for the customers or people can get a good experience towards it.... [tags: web, content, performance]
559 words (1.6 pages)
- Graphic Design/Web Design A brief history of web design. Web design has a very young history is similar to other areas such as graphic design and computer science. Although web design is also seen as both. It has made a huge impact in people’s everyday lives. It is very difficult to see a Internet without pictures, different types of themes, and music. Since 2000 and later the web has become much more integrated into people's daily lives, There have also been significant changes in the way people view and access websites, this has changed how sites are programmed and designed.... [tags: Graphic, Clients, Marketing]
766 words (2.2 pages)
- Abstract This proposal will provide the information that a high school student will need to make a decision on a career choice in the field of web administration. The results of the research conducted, will provide an insight into how students can turn their passion for computers into a life long career. The profession is full of opportunities and earning potential. Students can begin to prepare themselves in their early stages of their education in order to reach their desired goals. I have a basic reason for submitting this proposal.... [tags: Career Guidance Website Administration]
1461 words (4.2 pages)
- The term: graphic design means "visual communications" and it is "the art and profession of selecting and arranging visual elements to convey a message." (Encyclopedia Britannica 2013, p. 1). Visual communication is virtually used everyday in today's society and is important to have in life. Graphic design is used in media, the business and advertisement industry, and in simple things in life that are not easily noticed. Graphic design influences the world of profit-making, but also has an impact on the lives of various groups of people including children, teens, and young adults.... [tags: Graphic Design]
1521 words (4.3 pages)
- Imagine a world without graphic design how life would be affected. First, people would die. Safety diagrams and warning signs would not exist, leading to thousands of needless beverage spills and accidental electrocutions. Second, information would suffer with your ability to read books, magazines and newspapers would be gone, as you try to focus your eyes on body text that isn’t properly typeset or laid out, lacks any kind of meaningful explanatory diagrams or photographs, and has no discernable structure throughout the publication.... [tags: Graphic design, Design, Typography, Illustration]
836 words (2.4 pages)