Some opportunities that are available for social workers are positions that can either be in an office setting or in a client’s home. Some social workers participate in clinical psychotherapy with individuals, community organizing, education, public health, case management, or crisis intervention. However, not all social workers deal with individuals and spend their time doing research on how to solve social problems. (Bonnie Walker) The typical job duties or functions required of a social worker are abundant. Social workers help their clients overcome numerous situations, and then attend to additional necessities their clients may need, and assist them in order to improve their lives. Therefore, they generally identify people who need help, find out what type of help they need, then implement a plan for success, and ensure that their client’s progress is a...
... middle of paper ...
...become a licensed social worker. At that time I will look for work that allows me to function either in an office setting of my client’s homes to fulfill their needs.
Bonnie Walker. (n.d.). Social worker career. Retrieved from http://www.alliedhealthworld.com/social-worker-jobs.html
CSW. (n.d.). Retrieved from http://www.usi.edu/libarts/socialwork/docs/Ten-Core-Competencies-current.pdf
McKay, D. R. (2014). career Planning. Retrieved from About.com: http://careerplanning.about.com/od/socialworker/tp/How-To-Become-A-Social-Worker.htm
Occupational outlook handbook. (2014). Retrieved from Bureau Of Labor Statics: http://www.bls.gov/ooh/community-and-social-service/social-workers.htm#tab-2
What Skills Do I Need to Succeed in Social Work? (2014). Retrieved from College and degrees: http://www.collegesanddegrees.com/programs/social-work/skills
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Journalism is type of writing that investigates and includes lots of research of good and bad stories and some events. Journalists tend to write news stories that people should know about and haven’t already heard. Journalism comes in different categories; some are reporters, writers, editors, and photographers. People who tend to like journalism are those who love language and enjoying writing and reading, are called journalist; they work as reporters at newspapers, magazines, websites, TV stations, and radio stations.... [tags: Career Essays]
1397 words (4 pages)
- Oceanography is also commonly known as ocean logy or marine science. It is a branch of science that studies ocean and tries to understand the processes within it. The researches conducted by oceanographers are used by government and industry. The flora and fauna found in the ocean are used for medical research. These researchers are trying to discover the new supply of foodstuff made from plants and animals in the ocean. There are many branches of oceanography. They include: • Marine Physics: It studies the physical attributes of the ocean.... [tags: Career Description ]
895 words (2.6 pages)
- Many pastors often will have the little children of the church ushered to the front to speak with them briefly. In a playful manner he asks them, what are they going to be when they grow up. It is amazing how the majority of them say with such confidence what they will be someday. And in the congregation sits me, a returning college student who decided to do a three sixty and pursue a different career. One of the major factors in a career is that it will give an individual flexible time with family and friends.... [tags: Career Research ]
1055 words (3 pages)
- Not many people can handle the stress of being a social worker, but in the end it is very rewarding. This job is not an everyday job for some people, it is a lot of hard work and it is helping people with situations that a person doesn’t see everyday. As a social worker it takes a lot to get through to people and for them to understand that what they are going through is not okay. Social working is the fastest growing career according to the U.S. Department of Labor Bureau of Labor Statistics (Social Work Profession).... [tags: social issues, domestic violence]
1238 words (3.5 pages)
- Through various appropriate and contemporary literatures, this assignment will discuss a universal issue in science. It will evaluate the contributing factors and consequences of the issue and propose suitable resolutions to overcome it. This issue is the differentiation in males and females pursuing science linked careers. Attention should be drawn to the detail that the majority of existing literature on the issue originates from female sources. This is undoubtedly because it is females that are essentially affected by the issue, thus more interest being directed to addressing the issue by females.... [tags: Career Issues]
2779 words (7.9 pages)
- ‘ in 1970 a girl, a victim of abuse and neglect was brought into the light of Los Angeles, however she struggled to walk and could not talk as she suffered from prevented linguistic development, this child named the feral child, known as Genie.' Only the depths of psychology can even begin to explain why Genie was so feral, Bowlby’s theory explained how Genie suffered due to the lack of carer sensitivity that should have been given as a reaction to her social releasers during the critical period.... [tags: professional choices]
532 words (1.5 pages)
- Google Essay Application Ekua Awotwi 200 words or less 1. What sparked your interest in computer science. How have you pursued this interest so far. What do you hope to accomplish with your computer science degree. I recall the feeling of power and freedom to create that I experienced from designing a brick breaker program in my first CS class at Stanford. This feeling struck a chord in me that went back to the childhood excitement I had when I was given my first video editing software. I would spend hours filming and editing short movies, making sure to cut the scenes and music precisely or finding the angles to accurately communicate the mood.... [tags: Computer science, Electrical engineering]
717 words (2 pages)
- Statement of Purpose In the pristine place of Goa where parties and fun is at its peak, I was present there for the coding competition of Google. Though standing runner-up I learnt the vital phase of fun with work, in this Endeavour. This competition paved the way for me to pursue Master in Computer Science, which would help me to be a Google employee. Being in the kernel of technological and computing revolution, the field of Artificial Intelligence tends to change the human-computer interaction.... [tags: Computer science, Computer]
1015 words (2.9 pages)
- The decision of which career to pursue is one of the most crucial decisions in one’s lifetime. The choice primarily determines the course of the rest of one’s life. With the gargantuan amount of career options available it can prove to be immensely difficult, but as a person examines their beliefs and interests the choice may end up being immensely simple. Some individuals may find that they are interested in a wide array of subjects. Those people who are interested by many subjects may decide to pursue a career in anthropology because it allows one to study numerous aspects of language, history, and culture.... [tags: anthropology, career discovery]
739 words (2.1 pages)
- Abstract This proposal will provide the information that a high school student will need to make a decision on a career choice in the field of web administration. The results of the research conducted, will provide an insight into how students can turn their passion for computers into a life long career. The profession is full of opportunities and earning potential. Students can begin to prepare themselves in their early stages of their education in order to reach their desired goals. I have a basic reason for submitting this proposal.... [tags: Career Guidance Website Administration]
1461 words (4.2 pages)