The required methods to analyze the significance of completing a finance degree included researching the average earnings after the completion of the MBA degree in relation to not taking one. Analyzing the rankings and results of graduates proved the significance of the impact on average salaries and also how many MBA degree owners obtained better sought out employment opportunities. The main website I used to undertake my research study was Forbes. Forbes contains some of the wealthiest CEO’s and presidents and analyses their educational background. It also has great reports on the best business graduate programs, which provide data on Wages of graduates and other startling information.
A Masters degree in Finance is one of the most valuable qualifications that you can add to your personal academic résumé. It is the passport to success towards achieving great things in the finance world. The main reasons why an MBA degree is important are listed below.
Increased Hiring Opportunities
The further education in today’s modern world is extremely important because of the sheer competition for jobs. An MBA significantly increases the hiring opportunities and improves a persons career choices significantly. My research found that a number of huge companies actually required an MBA to even get a first interview. The MBA teaches different techniques from companies and the undergraduate degrees, so you learn skills that are essentially very much exclusive to graduate business programs. It is clear that the MBA degree is sought by Finance companies as currently JP Morgan, Chase, HSBC and Wells Fargo currently offer sponsorships for employees to continue their education if they work for the company for a certain period of ti...
... middle of paper ...
2. Thompson, D. (2011, July 12). Mba salaries . Retrieved from http://www.economist.com/node/17043519
3. Davis, B. (2012, January 12). Should you get an mba to break into investment banking? . Retrieved from http://www.mergersandinquisitions.com/mba-investment-banking/
4. Di Meglio, F. (2012, December 28). Do mbas make better ceos? . Retrieved from http://www.businessweek.com/articles/2012-12-28/do-mbas-make-better-ceos
5. Top undergraduate business schools by specialty . (n.d.). Retrieved from http://www.businessweek.com/interactive_reports/top_undergad_bschools_by_specialty.html
6. Lightfoot, L. (2013, January 22). Is studying an mba a good investment? . Retrieved from http://www.guardian.co.uk/education/2013/jan/22/mba-postgrad-success
7. Why choose sf state's executive mba program? . (n.d.). Retrieved from http://cob.sfsu.edu/graduate-programs/emba
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- ... Apart from the tuition and admission cost, student has to consider cost of laptops, books supplies and also the boarding expenses. Generally, these costs tend to increase with time, that is cost in year 2 will be higher than Year 1 cost and can leave behind higher amount of debt than expectation. Next is to considering the living expenses: Rent $ 700 per month Groceries $ 200 per month Utilities $ 500 per month Phone $ 100 per month Sundry $100 per month Total cost $1,600 per month Total cost for 2 years $38,400 ($1,600*12*2) Living costs expenses has to be included along with the overall costs determined in the previous section ($206,000).... [tags: cost, education, return]
834 words (2.4 pages)
- MBA Admissions Essays - An Entrepreneurial Passion My love for business is not something I was born with. It took over a decade of experience and exploration to discover my passion. This discovery began ten years ago when I accepted a position at The Pitney Bowes Corporation. My job was to make unsolicited phone calls to prospective businesses in order to sell our base model postage meter. All that was required was reading a script, word for word, to potential buyers. Yet, after a week of working at Pitney Bowes, I still didn't know important details about the meter, like what it looked like, and how it actually operated.... [tags: MBA College Admissions Essays]
764 words (2.2 pages)
- The reasons I want to earn an MS in Management/Business Analytics degree are that an MS in Management/Business Analytics degree will help me to tap into the growth I have seen within my current organization (Wells Fargo) for “big data” skilled employees, understand the emphasis that many of the commercial companies I cover place on business analytics for decision making, and capitalize on the expected need within my current role as a Commercial Banking Credit Analyst to find new ways to view our business.... [tags: Management, Bachelor's degree, Risk]
938 words (2.7 pages)
- After I graduate from Seminole High School, I plan to continue my education in Business Administration. Since I was little I always saw how my sister enjoyed her job. I liked to play like a cashier and administrate all the money and kept count of the money. My sister always told me about her work and always inspired me to keep on studying. She was a role model for me. Even in times she took me to her job, I remember it was the tallest building in Los Angeles and she showed me what she had to do.... [tags: Management, Academic degree, Bachelor's degree]
1250 words (3.6 pages)
- Deciding to go back to college to obtain my Master’s Degree was a struggle for me. I graduated with my BS from Belhaven in May 2014. After finally completing my bachelor’s degree after being out of school for 10 years, getting my Master’s Degree was the last thing on my mind. Family members and friends encouraged me to immediately start the master’s program, however, I did not think that having a Master’s degree would be necessary for the job that I have now. “Now” is the magic word, but what about my future.... [tags: Higher education, Academic degree]
931 words (2.7 pages)
- My long term career goal is to found my own financial company that specializes in applying advanced analytics tools to solve complex financial problems. Having worked as a financial analytics analyst for more than 6 months at Enova Financial, a Chicago-based consumer online financing company, my passion towards financial analytics is reinforced. Ranging from basic data query and reporting to predictive modeling and optimization, data analytics has assumed a more important role in today’s financial services industry.... [tags: statement of purpose]
709 words (2 pages)
- I am passionate about the commercial application of technology as a tool to benefit the global community, which I attribute to a childhood largely spent in Africa. It's been a passion I've developed professionally since the age of 12 when I worked as a volunteer web developer for the US Geological Survey in Reston, Virginia. That experience inspired me to continue exploring my interest in applied technology throughout my adolescence. At age 16, I volunteered with Uganda’s first national internet service provider while living and attending international high school in Kampala.... [tags: Personal Ambition]
1889 words (5.4 pages)
- A Career In Accounting Management accounting is considered one of the most essential management services. Management accountants are considered internal managers; they produce information for managers within an organization. Management accountants identify, measure, accumulate, analyze, prepare, interpret and communicate information that helps managers fulfill organizational objectives. With increased competition and consequent economic pressures, management accounting has become part of the primary fabric of management.... [tags: Papers]
644 words (1.8 pages)
- Career in Real Estate Development One of the biggest decisions one will ever have to make is what career to pursue after graduation. Believe it or not but this decision is not one to take lightly for it is what one will doing for the rest of their life. There are thousands of careers to choose from and a frequently asked question is "how do I choose what I want to be." The answer is simple, choose something that grabs your interest, particularly something you do well or have experience with. One should never base their career on how much money is in it, because then the job will not be satisfying or fulfilling for you are doing it for all the wrong reasons.... [tags: Jobs Careers]
1253 words (3.6 pages)
- Career choices in India are heavily based on a trend. The trend at the time of my graduation from high school was either engineering or medicine. The decision to take up engineering as my career field was influenced by this trend. Hailing from a well to do family, I was pampered materially and nurtured emotionally. The years spent working towards the degree in electrical engineering were marred with excessive partying. My understanding of the subjects was never average in spite of the hours spent partying.... [tags: essays research papers]
584 words (1.7 pages)