Essay PreviewMore ↓
Become a dentists is something that I really want, because it can give me a lot of opportunities that I really want to have in a career. In this career, I will always be able to have a job because it is one of the jobs that are always in demand. Due to the success of preventive dentistry on reducing the oral incidents, I can see that a lot of elderly people are keeping their teeth longer and realizing the importance of regular dental care services. So that means that the demand for dental care will continue to grow and more dentists would be need. This career sounds very exciting for me, due to the fact I don’t have to worry about if there are enough jobs or not because people are always going to need oral services whether if the economy of the country is good or bad.
Moreover in this career I am going to have the opportunity to do one of the things that I really love doing, which is helping others. This career will not only let me teach good habits for good health. But will also let me educate patients, as well as the general public, on how to achieve oral health and to prevent diseases. In fact in the dentistry career I will be able to perform an important service for everyone to help them to maintain their teeth appearance good.
In addition the dentistry career is a very excitement career, because this is one of the careers that better pays and is a very strong reason that helps me to pick this career. According to the “dental team board, a dentist income average is in the highest 8%” so a dentist in fact is doing 100,000 per year which does not sound bad. This career is very good because I going to be able to get good money for a job that is not hard and to do it on the career that I love.
How to Cite this Page
"A Career in Dentistry." 123HelpMe.com. 14 Aug 2018
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- A career in Dentistry is my main goal in life. I want to pursue a career in Dentistry for many reasons. Being a Dentist, you get to aid people and make them feel better about themselves. I have the personal qualities to be a Dentist and know that I would be great at the job. I would look forward to going to work every day. Dentistry contains many tools and oral practices that I am not familiar with. It would be awesome to get to be familiar with the lifestyle of a Dentist. Someday, I might even be able to live their lifestyle.... [tags: oral practices, dentist]
918 words (2.6 pages)
- To a dentist the most important job is to “make a patient feel safe and provide them with the best care possible” (Fasbinder) There are many other factors to the job. It is imperative that a dentist assess any situation, use critical thinking, practice good judgment, listen to his/her patient, and lead his staff quickly and effectively. A dentist must look out for the patient above all else. Dentists must make a diagnosis, avert, and treat problems with teeth and oral tissue. When two dentists were questioned about their decision to enter the medical field, one stated, “Dentistry has been a part of my family for many generations my father was a dentist his father was a dentist and... [tags: Dental Careers]
1771 words (5.1 pages)
- Just a decade ago small dental clinics in India usually treated their patients without any anesthesia. My first visit to the dentist office was predictably painful: I had two of my primary teeth taken out without any anesthesia. I vowed never to return to a dentist’s office ever in my life. For the next ten years, my fear of being in pain prevented me from going to the dentist and my parents were no help since they did not believe in going to clinic for their own checkups. After moving to US, I was still reluctant to go to a dentist because of my initial fear.... [tags: Personal Experience]
958 words (2.7 pages)
- A Career in Dentistry Children are often sweet and adorable, but many times they may be eating too many sweets. According to the Channel Four News, it has been shown that the number one disease in children is the reoccurrence of caries, also known as cavities. Could it be too many sweets or could it be the lack of flossing and brushing teeth. For instance, many children go to bed or wake up without brushing their teeth and go throughout the day eating all sorts of food and candy. The result of eating and not brushing could lead to plaque build up and decaying of teeth.... [tags: essays research papers]
1741 words (5 pages)
- Dentistry is an ancient, highly respectable career which requires team work and ambition to achieve the ultimate goal of becoming a dental doctor. My interest in dentistry started at a young age. I remember going to the dentist as a child and actually enjoying my visit due to the kind friendly employees. The thought of playing dentist and cleaning clients’ mouths seemed entertaining. After my visit I went home and pretended my little sister was my patient. She sat in a little chair outside while I pretended to be her dentist, the only difference was instead of rinsing her mouth with clean water, I used the water from the kiddy pool which had love bugs inside.... [tags: dental doctor, career]
1229 words (3.5 pages)
- Personal Statement It is 8:40 p.m. of Tuesday night and I'm leaving the King Fahd General hospital driving home with John Mayer melodies bringing peaceful and relaxing vibes into the car compartments. After 12 hours of surgery, assisting in a large operation for a young guy with "Treacher Collins syndrome". It was aw-inspiring how the team of OMS approached the patient, constructing his orbits, grafting and correcting his dentofacial deformity. Although I was exhausted, but I enjoyed every second of the operation and felt really proud and I knew that this is what I want to do for the rest of my life.... [tags: surgery, dental school]
572 words (1.6 pages)
- Introduction; Prior to starting the career project there were several occupations that caught my interest, being a firefighter, a marine biologist, and a dentist. However looking at the economy I realize that I need to obtain a sustainable job that will be on the rise, and of the three I narrowed it down to one field, dentistry. Inspired by my dentist, Nicholas Chiotelis, I saw his line of work and his passion for the career it became apparent that it was my calling as well. History and Development: Dentistry has always been a part of history, a founding occupation.... [tags: Career Goals]
2292 words (6.5 pages)
- INTRODUCTION: Choosing a particular profession is one of the most important decisions that we take in our life. .In my opinion, I would like to focus on a career that is enjoyable, productive, creative and simultaneously allows you to work for the betterment of humanity. According to me, one of the most productive and fulfilling career that provides you various opportunities to help and promote humanity is that of a dentist. Dentistry gains magnificent attention in last some decades and so a huge percentage of people around the world and from US are devoting their life to this noble profession.... [tags: career choices, statement of purpose]
1333 words (3.8 pages)
- Dentists are often thought of as people to be feared. Most people try to put off going to the dentist until their teeth hurt so much that they have no choice but to visit the feared dental office. Waiting for pain in the mouth or gums before visiting a dentist is one of the worst things a person can do. Paul J. Flaer, et al. observes, “Fear in approaching the dental visit may be generated by psychosocial factors such as history of bad experience(s) at the dentist and by the effect of poor representations of dental treatment in the media” (104).... [tags: orthodontics, preventative dentistry, teeth]
1981 words (5.7 pages)
- A Circuitous Path to Dentistry I could hardly keep myself from staring at the girl: the right side of her face was misshapen and bigger than the left. Only later did I notice that Cheryl, about nine at the time, had light brown hair, lively brown eyes, and a captivating smile. When she walked into the candy shop where I worked six years ago, Cheryl told me she was a student of my former fourth grade teacher with whom I had kept in contact. We talked then and spent time talking each time she visited.... [tags: Dentistry Admissions Essays]
632 words (1.8 pages)
Another reason which I have chosen this career, it is because it can allow me to be my own boss due to the flexibility of schedule that this career can give me. Although this career would give me good money, the flexibility it is very important for me because I planning to open a couple of stores with my brother very soon, sort of like a family business. Therefore this career will allow me to dedicate enough time to what we are planning to do. Also not only I’ll get time to realize my plans but I can also have time to go to schools to encourage people that would be trying to become a dentist to do not give up until they get to their dream of becoming a dentists.