According to Lucy Friend, “Computer Aided Drafters make $79,000 a year on average.”(n.d.). Computer Aided Drafting unlocks the door to numerous opportunities for employment; I selected Computer Aided Drafting because it’s so extraordinary with AutoCAD, because of the uses of Computer Aided Drafting, History of CAD, education requirements, and immeasurable career opportunities that are obtainable.
First off, CAD is computer technology that has contributed in design and drafting of a portion or an artifact and frequently a complete structure as well. Computer aided drafting software is identified as CAD. It is fascinating and intriguing software because we can assemble a 3-D detailed view and that is very challenging to envision without CAD. “The two essential categories of computer aided design software are two dimensional and three dimensional. Here are a few types of CAD, Turbo Cad, IntelliCad, StrucCad, and Solidworks. Some advantages of CAD are precise drawings in dimensions, enhanced info flow via email, simplified project documentation, effortless and systematic archiving of CAD drawings, reduced retrieval time of electronic files, minimal probabilities of harm or information loss.” (Benefits of Computer Aided Drafting software and CAD applications), (2011).
Next, there are immeasurable applications for CAD. AutoCAD has been used as a traditional software method in the drafting and design businesses for over 20 years. At the Wexford Missaukee Vocational Center we first got a glimpse of Computer Aided Drafting application. They exhibited a complete battleship in 3D view and we could zoom in on any floor with a 3-D detailed view. Twenty years ago we saw the first glimpse of what computer aided drafting application could fu...
... middle of paper ...
...the appropriate understanding and technical skills move on to become architectural engineers, civil, engineering, electrical, mechanical engineers or even an engineer technician. The unsurpassed career selection would be to choose an industry to perform in then specialize in it, so that we are in extraordinary high demand and don’t have to worry about being an individual that is unemployed. This is the reason why my dad proceeded to college for E.M.T. and decided to broaden his education to E.M.T. Specialist.
AK. (2005, December 18). CAD software history, Retrieved from, http://wiki.tcl/12092
Friend, L. (n.d.). , AutoCAD Job Descriptions, Retrieved from, http://www.ehow.com/about_5516419_auto-cad-job-descriptions.html
Pikes Peak College (n.d.), Computer Aided Drafting, Retrieved from, http://www.ppcc/edu/career/computer-aided-drafting/
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- A Strong Background in Computer Technology Will Benefit Future Engineers Computer technology has advanced dramatically over the past ten years. Technology has advanced from computers the size of a room that can only perform one particular task, to personal computers (PC’s) that will fit on a desk and perform multiple tasks. Understanding computers and their programs and being able to apply that knowledge is very important in today’s workplace. Engineering is a field that requires an extensive background in computer technology.... [tags: Computer Science]
1038 words (3 pages)
- Intergration of Computer Aided Drafting and the Internet After recently reading two articles about the future of CAD, it is very apparent that the Internet is going to play a major role in the design process. One article dealt with the future of CAD in general and what is expected to be seen in up coming years. The other article was a how Auto desk is already preparing for the future with their new release of AutoCAD 2000i. The titles of the articles are Design for the New Millennium, and AutoCAD 2000I connects to the Web, respectfully.... [tags: Papers]
463 words (1.3 pages)
- ... You must be able to give clear instructions and explain difficult concepts when leading teams of professionals on projects. ME’s and NA’s must employ ops analysis to create a design that will perform the ship’s functions and then be able to employ skills of critical thinking to expect and fix any mistakes before the ship is built or set to sea. ME’s and NA’s must also be able to meet with clients to discuss their needs for ship systems. Engineers must also be able to discuss progression with clients to keep redesign options open before the project gets too far for them to fix it.... [tags: career choices and opportunities]
1056 words (3 pages)
- ... I had to do a few finite-element analysis in this course and I probably will have to do some more during my career as an engineer. One of the biggest issues that I have with FEA is how to make the difference between the model and the real object. I could be running an analysis and obtain some numbers and beautiful colors that have no significance whatsoever. Thornton mentioned this issue in his article. He stated: “The problem is these GUIs allow inexperienced engineers to use FEA without knowing if they formulated the problem correctly.... [tags: engineering, judgement, articles, experience]
555 words (1.6 pages)
- CAD-Computer Aided Design Computer Aided Design systems make it easy to create a picture of a new design, then you are able to change the picture on the computer. This saves time because you don’t have to re draw everything from the way it was originally started of with. It is also quicker to evaluate. There are many different types of CAD programs available to the industries and designers. They are concerned with either the visual appearance of the product or the technical details and difficulties.... [tags: Computer Science]
565 words (1.6 pages)
- ... In previous days it was done with the help of multiple processors but now it is been carried out by the software, we can simultaneously work on the new drawing while the system generates tool path for the old one (Anon., 2009). Computer Aided Process Planning: It is planning of a process with the aid of the computer. Process planning in manufacturing is nothing but the formation of the route sheets and organizing the sequence of operations and allotting the work centers for particular operation to produce products.... [tags: manufacturing tooling and dies, software]
889 words (2.5 pages)
- Since the invention of computers in the second half of twentieth century, there has been a great revolution in the job market. The world has witnessed emergence of new careers while others have actually changed. Computer world has ushered in a new economy which has created numerous careers. One of the carriers which have interested me is computer engineering. This is my dream career which I want to pursue in my academic studies. Computer Engineering Career The field of computer engineering has been growing at a rapid rate owing to the growing invention of new computer related technologies and the internet.... [tags: career, computers, IT, ]
546 words (1.6 pages)
- Becoming a computer programmer would be great because there are many options in this career by having the ability to produce an operating system, or a game for the world. Computer programmers have many opportunities in life to find a job they would love. Programmers can work independently, or in a big company. Programmers have and are creating the future for computers. Computer programmers have a wide range on what they can do. Computer programmers write the detailed list of instructions the computer will follow in the software (Great Sample Resume).... [tags: technology, computer software]
1078 words (3.1 pages)
- Computer Aided Learning Definition of CAL CAL is an abbreviation of Computer Aided Learning and is one of the most commonly used acronyms within education. It is difficult to say exactly when the term "CAL" was first employed, however since the mid 1980s CAL has been increasingly used to describe the use of technology in teaching.... [tags: Education Technology cal]
1322 words (3.8 pages)
- Computer Aided Learning: The way of the Future. As you look around at classrooms these days you may notice a trend. Computers are becoming more and more frequent each year. Teachers are using the latest technology to run power point presentations, streaming videos, and simulations that were never possible before. It ha becomes the new hallmark of teaching, allowing teachers to do more then ever thought possible. Companies have jumped on the bandwagon, selling aid to teachers and students. You can buy software for just about anything now a days.... [tags: Essays Papers]
1174 words (3.4 pages)