Agriculture is a huge part of everyone’s lives whether they realize it or not. Everyday people come in contact with agricultural products such as food, clothing, or shelter. Throughout the years there has been a dramatic change in agriculture. When agriculture first became a big part of people’s lives, farming grew rapidly; many people were farming in order to be self-sufficient, and so they could stay in one area instead of constantly moving around searching for food sources. As time went on, agriculture changed into what eventually became large commercial farms meant to provide food and other goods for an expanding country. Today, agricultural industries are based around large machines to minimize physical labor and produce the most amounts of goods possible.
Anyone who wants to work in an agricultural field must be willing and able to perform difficult physical tasks. Agricultural teachers must be ready to teach their students about these different tasks, how to perform them properly, and be willing to help their students perform these tasks in the classroom. Along with being dedicated to their students, an agriculture teacher must also have a passion for agriculture. A good agriculture teacher must be dedicated to their students and their work. The people that decided they want to be an agriculture teacher are usually inspired by one of their own teachers, or they discover their interest on their own by working in an agricultural field.
This paper includes research from different articles by several different agricultural educators. It also includes research from official agriculture websites such as National FFA Organization website and the National Association for Agricultural Educators website. The paper al...
... middle of paper ...
... Teachers of Agricultural Education from 2004-2006.” American Association for Agricultural Education (2007).1-42. Web. 4 Nov. 2013
National Association of Agricultural Educators. NAAE. Web. 4 Nov. 2013
National FFA Organization. 2013. National FFA organization. Web. 4 Nov. 2013
National Research Council, Transforming Agricultural Education for a Changing World. Washington, DC: The National Academies Press, 2009.
Norman, Kyle. Personal interview. 18 Oct. 2013
Shoulders, Catherine W. and Meyers Brian E.”Teachers' use of agricultural laboratories in secondary agricultural education.” Journal of Agricultural Education. 53.2 (2012): 124-138. Web. 4 Nov. 2013
Wolf, Kattlyn J., “Agricultural education perceived teacher self-efficacy: a descriptive study of beginning agricultural education teachers.” Journel of Agricultural Education. 52.2 (2011): 163-176. Web. 4 Nov. 2013.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- ... products (“Agricultural Engineers Careers” para.1). You can design food-processing plants and supervise manufacturing operations (“Agricultural Engineers U.S. para. 9). They can direct the construction of rural electric-power distribution systems. They also design structures to store and process crops (“Agricultural Engineers” U.S. para. 9). Many workers work a standard 40 hour week. Some may work longer because of deadlines and design standards (“Agricultural Engineers Careers” para. 2). An agricultural engineer typically works full time.... [tags: education, knowledge, math]
772 words (2.2 pages)
- Growing an Education A curve in the never-ending pavement of the freeway takes the car around a hill. As the turn is made, little faces press up against the windows on the right side of the car. There are no worries about noses being squished as the children squeal in delight at the cows that are grazing on the lush, green hillsides. A race takes place, to see who can count the most calves before the car follows the road around another hill and the cattle disappear from sight. While all children are enchanted by cattle, goats, sheep, horses, pigs, ducks, and anything else that they do not have at home, it seems that they have little knowledge of what these animals’ true purpose is.... [tags: US Education System]
1912 words (5.5 pages)
- Statement of Purpose My earliest exposure to economics came from my dad, a logistics manager. The interesting stories he told me from his work stimulated my youthful sense of curiosity and passion on economics. At the same time, I observed the antiquated and ineffective technology they use to make decisions and hoped that one day I could be able to tackle the problems. The first Agricultural Economics class I took at Purdue was Microeconomics for Food and Agribusiness, by Dr. Frank Dooley. His heuristic teaching style and the fabulous content brought me to the world of agricultural economics.... [tags: statement of purpose, career choices]
880 words (2.5 pages)
- Five Careers for a Graduate of Agricultural Studies I. Introduction Agriculture is a vast and expanding world for many people here in the mid-west. This is not a career to be taken lightly, since it has it's ever-changing highs and lows; which attract people and also discourage them too. Deciding what a graduate wants to do in agriculture is a difficult process, I know since I am in the process right now. Some of the following careers are ones that I am more familiar with since I have been around most of them.... [tags: essays research papers fc]
914 words (2.6 pages)
- The United States has a long and proud history of providing public education to its citizen’s children. The fundamental idea behind the creation of this educational system was that it be available to all, regardless of geographical location or family status. In the era that this initiative was generated many of America’s families lived and worked on farms, and children were a vital part of this lifestyle. The founders of the United States’ public schools had to create a plan that included all children, even those who were expected to perform agricultural work in the harvest season.... [tags: Education Essays]
883 words (2.5 pages)
- My career choice is a veterinarian. I love animals, I like helping animals. Whenever and animal is hurt I feel like I have to help it. I cannot stand to see an animal in pain. When I help an animal it makes me feel good about myself. Veterinary medicine has been around as long as people have had a companionship with animals. Veterinary medicine goes back to 3000 b.c. Many countries around the world have ancient records of herbs and other remedies that they used on animals. The first historical records of veterinary efforts came from China and Egypt.... [tags: animal in pain, helping animals]
1452 words (4.1 pages)
- Have you ever thought about what the world would be without Agriculture. Have you thought about going to the meat department of your local grocery store and there is no meat, but vegetable substitutes. The same people that are telling you that soy is an appropriate alternative to meat, have never been on a farm, and wouldn’t know the first thing about it. There are many organizations that lie to the American public each day to fulfill their self centered agendas. The organic sub-culture is gaining more popularity than ever, with their lies and false propaganda on topics as, herbicides, pesticides, land erosion, hazardous waste, steroids and medicines.... [tags: Agricultural Research ]
1263 words (3.6 pages)
- The career that I want to major in is Agriculture Business and management. The reason why I want to major in Agriculture Business is because agriculture is an important aspect of every society for its social, economic, and environmental growth. I first heard of this career from my agriculture advisors, at Westminster High School’s farm, when I was being shown a list of jobs and careers that involved agriculture. I was interested in this career because I have a general interest in agriculture and farming, which is a fundamental part of human life, and to be able to get into a career that is involved in agriculture is an amazing opportunity.... [tags: Career Research ]
945 words (2.7 pages)
- The Career of Engineering Take a look around yourself. What do you see. Maybe books, chairs, a television, or even your clothes. All the day to day things that are man-made, you can be sure that an engineer helped make it. Engineers have shaped our world as we know it. There are many different kinds of engineers from chemical, mechanical, textile, civil, agricultural and structural engineers. Our civilization would be as advanced as the Stone Age without these people. This career demands a wide education of math and science.... [tags: Descriptive Careers Engineer Essays]
1653 words (4.7 pages)
- ANALYSIS OF A CAREER IN INVESTMENT BANKING ANALYSIS OF A CAREER IN INVESTMENT BANKING INTRODUCTION What is Investment Banking Dictionary defines ‘investment’ as “the money that people or organizations have put into a company, business, or bank in order to get a profit, or to make a business activity successful” (Longman). An investment banker is someone whose job is to make investments as successful and as profitable as possible. It is investment banker’s job to use the knowledge of the market and economy in advising his/her clients on a variety of financial matters.... [tags: essays papers]
2361 words (6.7 pages)