What I know
When it comes to business, especially when it comes to starting one, I tend to think I know it all. Yet in reality, I don't really even know how to get started, enough to make a business efficient, or even get the doors open enough to make the first dollar. When I first think of working/operating a business, I think of no boss but myself, the rules are made by me and no one else, and that seems like a great plan in my eyes. As well as having all company profit coming directly to me, and I get to decide what happens with it. Although I know there is more to it than that, there is forming a budget, working with customers, knowing when to expand, and when to coast through. I also know that in the world of business, that if you aren't moving ahead, you are moving backwards.
What I want to know
I am interested in knowing more about starting and operating my own business. With what I have seen in the developing world around me, business has become more and more popular, I realized it is a great potential career path for me. So I would like to know, where to start, what schooling is needed, where do I make my business legal, how important is the work environment and gathering employees. Or is some of that afterthought stuff, that only matters if i...
... middle of paper ...
... a Business" United States Small Business Administration 2-28-14
Abrams, Rachel, Eavis,Peter "Buffett Hints at More Heinz-Like Deals in Annual Letter"
"Business Taxes" IRS 3-1-14
Interview President of Stern Manufacturing Bob Jackson 2-26-14
Interview business teacher Anne Hutchinson 2-27-14
"Top 10 College Majors" The Princeton Review
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- The definition of career is, progress or general course of action of a person through life, as in some profession or undertaking. In my; life-long goals, I plan to become a thoroughly educated defense lawyer, and I aspire to become an entrepreneur. But before I can do any of these things, I plan to go to a prestigious college, to attain all my degrees. When I become a lawyer in my future, I plan to be the best, because I strive to be a role model to many young people around the world, a leader, and a great success.... [tags: college, law, jobs]
476 words (1.4 pages)
- Question 1 What are the steps to be a good entrepreneur. Write your suggestion and recommendation based on your observation and experience in Malaysia. 1.0 Introduction An entrepreneur is a person who organizes and manages a business undertaking, assuming the risk for the sake of profit. According to Martin (2010) an entrepreneur sees an opportunity which others do not fully recognize, to meet an unsatisfied demand or to radically improve the performance of an existing business. To have self-belief that this opportunity can be made real through hard work, commitment and the adaptability to learn the lessons of the market along the way.... [tags: Entrepreneurship, Business Planning, Career]
1033 words (3 pages)
- It is best that every college student take the time to consider what career field to enter once finished with their education. Selecting what career path to pursue depends largely on the life experiences of the individual making the decision, and as to what their talents are best suited. I recently took the time to start examining my future career options as well as begin looking at my life experiences and interests to help guide my career decisions. We can all find the career that we will be happy with if we allow ourselves to give the decision the time and effort that it deserves.... [tags: Career Research, Entrepreneurs ]
1940 words (5.5 pages)
- In the United States, approximately one in eight adults are self-employed. In their minds exists a one common dream. This is the entrepreneurial dream of self-employment. It is the freedom to start, grow, and cash in a new business. Most of the extravagant millionaires of today build up their wealth in this way. An entrepreneur is someone who has the ability to build and develop his own business. In today's fast paced world of business, many people chose to work for themselves. A career as an entrepreneur is a risky, yet personally rewarding endeavor.... [tags: small business self employed]
3031 words (8.7 pages)
- “We've really achieved the ideal of what I wanted Microsoft to become.” -Bill Gates, June 2008 William Gates III was born in Seattle, Washington, US, on October 28, 1955. His father, William Henry Gates (II) Jr., was a lawyer whereas his mother, Mary Gates, was a teacher. At an early age, Gates showcased a great deal of intellect. At primary school, he was especially fond of Math and Science. Ever since his childhood, he appreciated reading business magazines. Acknowledging his ardor to learn, his parents enrolled him in Lakeside Preparatory School at the age of 12.... [tags: Biography, Entrepeneur, Windows]
1291 words (3.7 pages)
- Overview In the documentary “Call of the Entrepreneur,” three successful entrepreneurs, Brad Morgan, Frank Hanna, and Jimmy Lai, are presented to explain their views on entrepreneurship and in turn leadership. Brad Morgan is the owner of a million dollar dairy and compost company, Frank Hanna is a merchant banker in New York City, and Jimmy Lai is the founder of Giordano department stores and Next Media. A central theme of the documentary is how each of these businessmen displays the characteristics of persistence, patience, and perseverance to overcome frustrating obstacles and become successful.... [tags: Documentary Analysis]
989 words (2.8 pages)
- "Bill Gates is a modern business phenomenon: the greatest of the cyber-tycoons. His is not simply a story of technical brilliance and enormous wealth; it is one of remarkable business vision and an obsessive desire to win. It is also about a leadership style that is radically different to anything the business world has seen before." Dearlove, D. (1998) William Gates III was born in Seattle, Washington, US, on October 28, 1955. His father, William Henry Gates (II) Jr., was a lawyer while his mother, Mary Gates, was a school teacher.... [tags: Biography Biographies Bio]
1505 words (4.3 pages)
- All employers want you to have a basic understanding of the technology being used in whatever area of the Information Technology (IT) field you go into; however, the most important skill has nothing to do with computers or networks. Tammy from the Industrial Credit Union put it succinctly. “Communication skills are a priority. Someone with tech skills are a dime a dozen.” What employers are looking for is someone with skills and the ability to communicate. Communication skills are key to a successful career in IT.... [tags: Information Technology]
1040 words (3 pages)
- A lot of women love to look good on a day to day basis, so a cosmetologist is what they need. A cosmetologist is a beauty specialist who is educated in doing hair, makeup, and nails. It’s very interesting because you get to be creative, have fun, have people looking gorgeous, and get paid for doing something you love. In this paper, you will be introduced to a lot of information in the field of cosmetology. Learning about the history and background, requirements to obtain the career and job positions will be covered throughout this paper.... [tags: cosmetology, beauty specialist, makeup ]
1071 words (3.1 pages)
- Francis Bacon grew from poverty to expand his career as a British politician & entrepreneur and wrote prominent essays on humanism and innovative scientific philosophy. Most notably known as “the father of the English essay,” (McDougal 455) Bacon’s influential works were vastly impacted by the tenets of the Renaissance period. Even Thomas Jefferson, one of the founding fathers of our nation, credited being influenced by Bacon’s essays (McDougal 455). One of the core ideologies determined by his works is humanism which depicts how logic and knowledge derived from ancient Greek and Roman records can provide the best guides for learning and living.... [tags: Biography, Politician, Entrepreneur]
1281 words (3.7 pages)