The need for public health specialists…
Until till recent years the thought of humans not only living well in to their 80’s and 90’s, but living vibrant lives was concept that did not appear to go hand-n-hand. However, today the thought is not only real but, the concept and relevance of “quality of life,” both before and well into the twilight years, is more important than ever before thus making the demand for, and need, of educators and health advocacy even greater.
So, what is public health…?
The concept of public health is not a foreign one; it ultimately emerged from the practice of heroic medicine. Yet today it has evolved into something ...
... middle of paper ...
... us, knowingly or unknowingly, at greater risk that can and possibly will lead us to a dark place. If this trend is allowed to continue or, perhaps revelation through education suffices and people start making their health a priority, one thing is for sure, either way, the future of the public health professional is not only bright but it will only continue to get brighter.
1. www.whatispublichealth.org/what/index.html; Title: What is Public Health
2. www.healthstate.mn.us/pathways/specialtyareas.html ; Title: Public Health Career Specialty Areas; Sub-Specialties of Public Health
3. www.whatispublichealth.org/faqs/index; Title: What is Public Health? – Frequently Asked Questions
5. www.whatispublichealth.org/impact/achievement.html; Title: What is Public Health? – Impact of Public Health
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Mae West once said, “You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.” The best way to ensure that happens is to pick a career that you will enjoy for the rest of your life. Choosing a career that will be the best for you is hard as their are thousands of opportunities. To help you find the best career you should research about areas that you are interested in. This is what I did. The first career I looked at was an Naval Intelligence Specialist. The second was a Biomedical Engineer. And finally I looked into Aerospace Engineering.... [tags: Engineering, Electrical engineering]
1209 words (3.5 pages)
- In lieu of being successful in my internship this semester, having an idea of long term career goals will help shape my attitudes and the outcomes I expect to get from my experience. After completing my undergraduate degree, I plan to work for a non-profit organization that focuses on substance abuse or sexual health. I am open to any other topics, but those are the ones I have been more actively involved in throughout my experience and studies. Starting off with a small organization will allow me to be more involved and active within my workplace.... [tags: Public health, Health, Population health]
1080 words (3.1 pages)
- I think it is very important to have the education, skills, and knowledge to be a medical professional especially in the medical administration field. I will obtain a degree in Medical Information Technology, ATA Degree-Medical Billing Specialist Certificate and my expected graduation date is June 2017. I have over 16 years of medical administration experience and with that I also have I have a lot of medical experience as a Navy Corpsman with a wide range of specialties. The most important issue I learned in my medical career is you can have all that experience and it will not help you understand the patients that you are treating, prescribing medications, and in general directions for foll... [tags: Medicine, Health care, Health economics]
1118 words (3.2 pages)
- • Overview of my profession. As an Occupational Health and Safety Special we evaluate, and analyze work environments and design programs and procedures to control, eliminate, and prevent disease or injury caused by chemical, physical, and biological agents or ergonomic factors. We conduct inspections as well as enforce adherence to law and regulations governing the health and safety of the individuals. May be employed in the public or private sector. While on the job occupational health and safety specialist can.... [tags: Occupational safety and health, Employment]
713 words (2 pages)
- Finding a career that is right for a person can be tedious, but by using the Career Explorer program, it helped me find some careers that may suit me. By asking me various questions about interests and what I am good at doing, it was able to generate a couple results. Three stood out to me and they were chartered accountant, environmental specialist, and secondary teacher. Then I also choose to research my dream career which is the job of a dentist. The other results revolved around the subject of math and I think this is due to the fact that I do enjoy math, but I do not enjoy it enough to get a career that revolves around it.... [tags: Employment, Environment, Academic degree]
1274 words (3.6 pages)
- When thinking about social work, there are different avenues that a worker can explore in this vast field. Because a social workers job is multifaceted, workers can not only integrate themselves in an already created avenue, but can also tailor a field, specifically for a need in the community. Looking at the many different fields in the area of social work, the area of Social Workers in Mental Health facilities and outpatient clinics stands out as an area of depth and interest. This field is important because it allows social workers to play an integral part in assisting patients, some of who have been kept in large inpatient facilities for vast periods of time, to become functioning and... [tags: Career Research ]
1481 words (4.2 pages)
- My Career The career field I chose is to be a firefighter. The reason why I want to be a firefighter is because they help people and prevent fires from spreading. I’ve always wanted to help people everywhere, because I don’t like it whenever if there is an accident and some people died and lost their loved ones, people talking crap about them and just talking and pointing the cameras in their face watching them cry. I want to help people and make a difference and help protect people’s life, and be someone people recognize when I walk by them.... [tags: trends, emergency situations]
918 words (2.6 pages)
- Nurses are involved with nearly all aspects of a patient’s care, from providing comfort and hygiene to giving medications, and updating medical records. A wide range of career opportunities is open to registered nurses. A nurse may pursue many nursing career paths. Those paths span from pediatrics to geriatrics, part-time, full-time, clinics to specialized roles. Interpersonal communications in nursing comes in good deal with patients that can be bad and good. Nursing has become one of the most respected professions in the world.... [tags: Registered nurse, Nursing]
1370 words (3.9 pages)
- Upon its inception, the University of Georgia (UGA) Cooperative Extension’s primary focus was educating the public in the areas of agriculture and home economics. Today, the UGA Cooperative Extension has expanded their areas of focus to include, agriculture, environment, families, food, health, lawn and garden, and youth, through their extensive 4-H program. The UGA Cooperative Extension acts as a liaison between the university and the community it serves, by providing research based education in the areas mentioned above in the form of publications, educational sessions, and public outreach (UGA College of Agricultural and Environmental Sciences, 2015).... [tags: Health, Health care, Public health]
1149 words (3.3 pages)
- A Career in Dentistry Children are often sweet and adorable, but many times they may be eating too many sweets. According to the Channel Four News, it has been shown that the number one disease in children is the reoccurrence of caries, also known as cavities. Could it be too many sweets or could it be the lack of flossing and brushing teeth. For instance, many children go to bed or wake up without brushing their teeth and go throughout the day eating all sorts of food and candy. The result of eating and not brushing could lead to plaque build up and decaying of teeth.... [tags: essays research papers]
1741 words (5 pages)