Find a job about product management from a local company which can sponsor international students in 6 months. From now on, 3 months before graduation, starting to look for jobs, go to job fair and submit resume on the internet. Transfer to H1B visa in 1 year. And be a product manager in 3-4 years. I choose this year range because most of the recruit and employ requirement for a product manager is 3 to 4 years product management experience.
I did not know what to do at first time. Then I searched on the Internet for those jobs for MBA grads, I found lots of jobs that suggested to me. Such as software development, information security analyst, financial manager, management analyst, operations research analyst, interpreter and translator and product manager. However, I do not like accounting, analysis and consulting things. I am an active person and do not want to the things with numbers every day. After I talked about professor- Dr.Perez, he gave me some advises, which one of the job could be considered as product management. And I have done some research on that job. It requires and job duties are all I think I am suitable for this kind of jobs, which is managing things and do the marketing things. That is interesting for me. Moreover, I am quite interested in product things and I want to do the work with product in daily life which is not boring. So I am now looking job for the works which is suited for the product management position.
What is product manager?
Product management is a strategic and business-oriented role, which is focused on satisfied and transfer solutions to market needs. The role may consist of product development and product marketing, which are different (yet complementary) efforts,...
... middle of paper ...
...erred. So I have an advantage on that part. Some company even just looking for high school education level and which is much more advantageous for me.
My advantage is my language skill. I can fully use that skill to develop new marketing for the company. Nowadays, many companies aimed to develop new marketing for new customers and earn money. China has a great amount of citizen and a super strong buying power. I can speak fluent Mandarin and I have known the pattern of how Chinese communicate which is quite complex.
And I have the master degree which is better than bachelor degree students to find a job. The MBA program offers me management techniques and more viable. However the weakness is I am the international students, that means I have to find a company can sponsor H1B. And my oral English is not that good. But this can be practiced.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- In the career field, there are many careers and jobs to enjoy such as being a sales manager. As a sales manager, you will be expected to be a leader; however, a sales manager will also set a sales goal for the year, train and hire new members of his or her sales team, and will mark sales territories to certain salesman as to where they will sell their product. Most sales managers are expected to work long hours, late evenings, and weekends. Many sales managers’ annual wages are $98,530, but what a sales manager makes, depends on where he or she works.... [tags: Career Essays]
916 words (2.6 pages)
- When I entered my sophomore year speech class, I went in assuming it would be the worst class of my life. The first assignment was an impromptu speech in which I had to sell an item in the room. Much to my shock, it went fantastically. I had so much fun with the speech and fell in love with selling stuff to people. Eventually I started working in retail and realized that marketing was the perfect career for me. After researching and learning about the career of a marketing manager, I knew it was the career I desired.... [tags: Business, Marketing, Management]
823 words (2.4 pages)
- Project Management Career Summary Definition, Vision and Scope With today's businesses constantly embracing the technological advances that are made on a daily basis there becomes an increasing need for someone to supply the foresight, ability and commitment to ensure that these new technologies are implemented as seamlessly and successfully as possible. The Project Manager is just the person for the job. This paper will examine this career and explore the benefits of working in this profession.... [tags: Business Career Project Manager]
1715 words (4.9 pages)
- How would you like to sit ringside at a boxing match, courtside at a basketball game, or even better, at the 50-yard line, on the bench, with the players on the football team. Your thinking, “How could a person have those amazing seats without actually participating in the sport?” Well, there are certain professions that give you those incredible opportunities if you are not able to be a player or a coach. Sports management allows you to take part in worldwide sporting events on the business end.... [tags: Sports Management, Sports, career, ]
742 words (2.1 pages)
- Many diverse experiences have helped to shape my professional marketing career. These positions range from promoting Broadway shows, to marketing at the global children's entertainment brand Pokémon, and managing a girl’s brand called My Princess Academy. While my professional experiences have provided me with a strong real world foundation, I feel that in order to pursue my goal of managing a major entertainment brand, I require the knowledge and training afforded by an MBA program. I am confident that my professional experiences coupled with an MBA will help me achieve a vibrant career in marketing management.... [tags: Marketing, Career,]
1021 words (2.9 pages)
- ... 17, 2000). To have vision is to not only see what something is, but to see what it could become. Upon this realization, a leader will not only issue their orders but also be comfortable doing the same thing. This is known as “talking the talk and walking the walk.” A famous example of such a leader was General Douglas MacArthur. General MacArthur was well known for living in the same conditions as his soldiers and even enduring the same hardships. A famous picture shows his walking onshore with his soldiers during an assault on Leyte Landing on 20 October 1944 (Holzimmer, 1995).... [tags: problem solver, employees, values]
777 words (2.2 pages)
- My Career Plan The future is uncertain for me, but it is important to develop a career plan that will provide financial support and personal fulfillment over the course of my professional life.... [tags: Business Career Goals Plans]
1106 words (3.2 pages)
- There are so many jobs in the field of marketing that opportunities are endless. Some of the different fields are Business Development, Creative Assistant, Marketing Research Analyst, and Public Relations Assistant, just to name a few. One of the jobs that I am most interested in is an Advertising Manager. “Advertising managers create interest among potential buyers of a product or service for a department, for an entire organization, or on a project basis. They work in advertising agencies that put together advertising campaigns for clients, in media firms that sell advertising space or time, and in organizations that advertise heavily.... [tags: Advertising, Marketing, Project management]
888 words (2.5 pages)
- Marketing Manager: Promoting Cartoonist A career is an occupation undertaken for a significant period of a person 's life and with opportunities for progress. It plays a significant role in a person’s life because it would be their career for the majority of a lifetime. For this reason, they must love what they do, because if they don’t, failure will take its toll. Beyond vitality, marketing managers plan programs to generate interest in products in services.... [tags: Business, Marketing, Marketing management]
1172 words (3.3 pages)
- When walking the streets of Milwaukee there are many surrounding advertisements. The advertisements may be for an event, product or service. Whatever the advertisements may be, it is for the consumer to see and for the advertisers to promote. Advertising is a form of communication to persuade or inform someone to perform a certain task. In an advertising agency, advertising and promotion managers deal with a variety of tasks to effectively implement a desired message. Advertising and Promotions Manager can either work for an agency managing clients that contract their services or in-house working for a company as a part of their advertising department.... [tags: Business Management ]
1585 words (4.5 pages)