Generally, people love having a nice appearance around each other. Plastic surgeons have many ways and options to offer to the people to reach their intentions. For example, cosmetic surgery can offer tummy tucks for those who want to look slim and be part of the fashion world. “Tummy tuck surgery helps to significantly reduce the appearance of loose skin, stretch marks, and a protruding abdomen” (McClain.) Another option that plastic surgery offers to people who want to make changes on their face is face lifting. Face lifting is a procedure that is used to lift the peoples’ wrinkled face.”Barbara Eden, now seventy eight is virtually unrecognizable as the youthful beauty who charmed viewers on the popular sixty’s show, and her apparent face-lift was likely what caused the most drastic transformation” (Barbara Edens Transformation.) Thigh lifting is another procedure that is used wisely by the models. Many people tend to use this technique because it changes their formation of their body. After having the procedure done they feel as more comfortable in the society.
One of the best reasons for being a Plastic Surgeon is because it offers you a wealthy future. “Plastic Surgeons wo...
... middle of paper ...
“Laser-assisted liposuction.” plasticsurgery. n.d. Web. 20 Mar. 2014.
McClain, Louvonia. “Celebrity plastic surgery: Tummy tucks.” 9 Mar. 2013.Web. 17 Mar. 2014.
Morris, Charles R. The Surgeons. New York: HarperCollins. 2007. Print.
“Plastic Surgeon salary.” healthcare. n.d. Web. 19 Mar. 2014
“Surgeon Quotes.” todayinsci. n.d. Web. 24 Mar. 2014.
“Working Conditions.” careercruising. n.d. Web. 10 Mar. 2014
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- The very time consuming job of being a plastic surgeon would be interesting because they can make up to $900,000 per year, and they have the ability fix all sorts of problems people have. Some Plastic surgeons also go to 3rd world countries and help the people there who have deformities such as cleft palates. Surgeons get to help rebuild lives after devastating accidents. Plastic surgeons repair, reconstruct, and remove physical defects they also do cosmetic procedures (Greenwood). Plastic surgeons sometimes specialize in curtain areas of the body such as the head, neck, or hands (Plastic Surgeon; career profile and education).... [tags: health, deformities]
1017 words (2.9 pages)
- In life there are an infinite number of career opportunities for people to pursue in so many different, vast, and constantly evolving fields. It is important for a person to look ahead for the future and think of jobs that might interest them. Investigating potential careers allows a person to set a course for the future depending on what qualifications one might need to be successful in a certain career. Every job has its pros and cons, but ultimately if one does not like what they do then they may have picked the wrong career path.... [tags: Career Research ]
1160 words (3.3 pages)
- Becoming a Plastic Surgeon can be very hectic not knowing what is needed to be a successful Surgeon. In this paper I will provide you with the overview of a plastic surgeon, the education requirements in perusing a surgical career, and the traits and skills required for this career. I also be able to go in detail with traits that I feel need to be improve for this field. Learning from the information I research I will be able to provide a brief summary of my career goals and how Kaplan University will be able to help me with my five year plans.... [tags: Surgery, Plastic surgery, Physician]
1032 words (2.9 pages)
- Plastic surgeons are described as surgical specialists, which are mainly focused on reconstruction of facial and body defects due to birth disorders, trauma, burns, and disease. Plastic surgeons are intended to correct dysfunctional areas of the body and is reconstructive in nature (American Society Of Plastic surgeons).Though cosmetic or aesthetic surgery is the most well-known kind of plastic surgery, plastic surgery itself is not necessarily considered cosmetic and includes many types of reconstructive surgery, craniofacial surgery, hand surgery, microsurgery, and the treatment of burns (Maryland Institute of cosmetic surgeons).... [tags: Plastic surgery, Surgery, Reconstructive surgery]
1290 words (3.7 pages)
- Plastic Surgery: An Annotated Bibliography “Cosmetic Surgery vs. Plastic Surgery.” American Board of Cosmetic Surgery. The American Board of Cosmetic Surgery, 2016. Web. 11 Feb. 2016. While both cosmetic surgery and plastic surgery involve improving a patient’s body, the overall principles and philosophies guiding the training, research, and goals for a patient’s outcome differ. The procedures and techniques of cosmetic surgery are entirely based on enhancing a patient’s appearance. Key goals may include improving ascetic appeal, symmetry, and proportion.... [tags: Plastic surgery, Surgery, Reconstructive surgery]
1036 words (3 pages)
- California Health and Beauty claims that plastic surgery is safe when accomplished by a well certified and trained surgeon. According to California Health and Beauty, patients must follow several guidelines before consulting with a surgeon: capitally explore for credentials and malpractice claims, complete a medical examination prior to surgery, and follow to the doctor 's orders to refrain from certain activities or drugs. (R. Espejo, 2011) The effects from the recent death of rapper Kanye West 's mother, Dr.... [tags: Surgery, Plastic surgery, Reconstructive surgery]
1194 words (3.4 pages)
- This essay will introduce the early years of Harold Gillies, when and where he was born, educational achievements and scholarships and how World War One played a major role in him inventing facial plastic surgery. It will also explain the influence it has on today’s society, then finally the legacy he left behind. This paper will discuss how Harold Gillies invented facial plastic surgery. Harold Gillies was born on the seventeenth of June 1882 in Dunedin New Zealand, being the youngest of eight children born to Robert and Emily Gillies.... [tags: Plastic surgery, Surgery, Reconstructive surgery]
943 words (2.7 pages)
- In science and anatomy class students find out how the human body works and moves, this is the class that spiked my passion for anatomy. Careers that would relate to the human would be is the medical field such as nurses, doctors, etc. Once knowledge of the differences in medical careers started growing, those involving treatment and surgical operations were of greatest interest. A surgery that is of interest is that of an orthopedic surgeon because these physicians operate on bones, ligaments, muscles, tendons, joints, and sometimes tumors.... [tags: Career Research ]
1855 words (5.3 pages)
- Surgeon Research Paper My career is a surgeon to become a surgeon you have to complete four years of college in the medical field from colleges like • Caribbean Medical University School of Medicine • Harvard Medical School • University of California San Francisco • Perelman School of Medicine ( University of Pennsylvania) • Johns Hopkins School of Medicine • UW School of Medicine • UNC School of Medicine • Stanford School of Medicine • Mayo Medical School • Pittsburgh School of Medicine Surgeons are doctors with highly specialized training they perform many different surgeries • Deformities and problems caused by injury or accidents and others like Neurosurgery that involves the... [tags: medical, doctors, education]
528 words (1.5 pages)
- When you hear the phrase “Plastic Surgery” what comes to mind. Maybe dangerous, and risky, or do you think about the scalpel and all the cutting and all the blood. I myself think about how it’s only for rich celebrities who have a couple extra hundreds of thousands of dollars to spend. We have a bad habit of overlooking all the good things that plastic surgery can achieve. From life altering surgeries and saving lives, by highly qualified surgeons, to giving people more confidence and getting rid of depression, plastic surgery provides all that and more.... [tags: health issues, looks]
1291 words (3.7 pages)