Generally, people love having a nice appearance around each other. Plastic surgeons have many ways and options to offer to the people to reach their intentions. For example, cosmetic surgery can offer tummy tucks for those who want to look slim and be part of the fashion world. “Tummy tuck surgery helps to significantly reduce the appearance of loose skin, stretch marks, and a protruding abdomen” (McClain.) Another option that plastic surgery offers to people who want to make changes on their face is face lifting. Face lifting is a procedure that is used to lift the peoples’ wrinkled face.”Barbara Eden, now seventy eight is virtually unrecognizable as the youthful beauty who charmed viewers on the popular sixty’s show, and her apparent face-lift was likely what caused the most drastic transformation” (Barbara Edens Transformation.) Thigh lifting is another procedure that is used wisely by the models. Many people tend to use this technique because it changes their formation of their body. After having the procedure done they feel as more comfortable in the society.
One of the best reasons for being a Plastic Surgeon is because it offers you a wealthy future. “Plastic Surgeons wo...
... middle of paper ...
“Laser-assisted liposuction.” plasticsurgery. n.d. Web. 20 Mar. 2014.
McClain, Louvonia. “Celebrity plastic surgery: Tummy tucks.” 9 Mar. 2013.Web. 17 Mar. 2014.
Morris, Charles R. The Surgeons. New York: HarperCollins. 2007. Print.
“Plastic Surgeon salary.” healthcare. n.d. Web. 19 Mar. 2014
“Surgeon Quotes.” todayinsci. n.d. Web. 24 Mar. 2014.
“Working Conditions.” careercruising. n.d. Web. 10 Mar. 2014
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- The very time consuming job of being a plastic surgeon would be interesting because they can make up to $900,000 per year, and they have the ability fix all sorts of problems people have. Some Plastic surgeons also go to 3rd world countries and help the people there who have deformities such as cleft palates. Surgeons get to help rebuild lives after devastating accidents. Plastic surgeons repair, reconstruct, and remove physical defects they also do cosmetic procedures (Greenwood). Plastic surgeons sometimes specialize in curtain areas of the body such as the head, neck, or hands (Plastic Surgeon; career profile and education).... [tags: health, deformities]
1017 words (2.9 pages)
- In life there are an infinite number of career opportunities for people to pursue in so many different, vast, and constantly evolving fields. It is important for a person to look ahead for the future and think of jobs that might interest them. Investigating potential careers allows a person to set a course for the future depending on what qualifications one might need to be successful in a certain career. Every job has its pros and cons, but ultimately if one does not like what they do then they may have picked the wrong career path.... [tags: Career Research ]
1160 words (3.3 pages)
- Surgeon Research Paper My career is a surgeon to become a surgeon you have to complete four years of college in the medical field from colleges like • Caribbean Medical University School of Medicine • Harvard Medical School • University of California San Francisco • Perelman School of Medicine ( University of Pennsylvania) • Johns Hopkins School of Medicine • UW School of Medicine • UNC School of Medicine • Stanford School of Medicine • Mayo Medical School • Pittsburgh School of Medicine Surgeons are doctors with highly specialized training they perform many different surgeries • Deformities and problems caused by injury or accidents and others like Neurosurgery that involves the... [tags: medical, doctors, education]
528 words (1.5 pages)
- In science and anatomy class students find out how the human body works and moves, this is the class that spiked my passion for anatomy. Careers that would relate to the human would be is the medical field such as nurses, doctors, etc. Once knowledge of the differences in medical careers started growing, those involving treatment and surgical operations were of greatest interest. A surgery that is of interest is that of an orthopedic surgeon because these physicians operate on bones, ligaments, muscles, tendons, joints, and sometimes tumors.... [tags: Career Research ]
1855 words (5.3 pages)
- Plastic surgery is an interesting cultural phenomenon. It is a very controversial subject that many people are fascinated by. Sociologists today use the three theoretical perspectives, conflict, functionalist, and interactionist theory to understand the range of issues and phenomenon in societies. In this paper I will present a sociological analysis of plastic surgery with a brief history on the subject matter. Plastic surgery first originated in India in 600 B.C. The first procedure to be done was on the noses of people who had lost them due to committing a crime or an injury during a battle.... [tags: conflict, functionalist, interactionist]
1658 words (4.7 pages)
- When you hear the phrase “Plastic Surgery” what comes to mind. Maybe dangerous, and risky, or do you think about the scalpel and all the cutting and all the blood. I myself think about how it’s only for rich celebrities who have a couple extra hundreds of thousands of dollars to spend. We have a bad habit of overlooking all the good things that plastic surgery can achieve. From life altering surgeries and saving lives, by highly qualified surgeons, to giving people more confidence and getting rid of depression, plastic surgery provides all that and more.... [tags: health issues, looks]
1291 words (3.7 pages)
- Most kids always dream that one day, they will become a doctor. As they grow older, however, they realize exactly how much hard work is put into the job. The life of a surgeon is not easy, as it requires patience and dedication every single day. From standing on their feet for twelve or more hours at a time to the inconsistent sleep schedule, being a surgeon can be taxing in every aspect of life. However, surgeons gain the opportunity to help people from all over the country and make an impact in the medical world.... [tags: doctors, surgeon, medical field]
1407 words (4 pages)
- Pro-Long Hours. Big Benefits. A growing trend noticeably increasing in the medical field is plastic surgeon—the practice of restoring or enhancing the physical appearance of the body. This job requires the right personality and techniques from a doctor but is overall rewarding and something to aspire to. The correct information and the insight from an elite surgeon working in today’s medical environment can emit inspiration for those wanting to be involved in this field. History Even though plastic surgery is most popular in today’s society, the idea that the practice goes as far back as 3400 B.C., is often misconstrued.... [tags: Career Research ]
2049 words (5.9 pages)
- ... 108). However, the potential health risks are downplayed and negative outcomes are attributed to the unpredictability of the aesthetic results or poor surgeon selection. More importantly, these frames tend to diverge from the actual surgical experience, which rather being neat and instantaneous, is often complex and painful. Nevertheless, it is the media-mediated frame that dominates the broader social discussion of cosmetic surgery and often reduces it to a consumable lifestyle option as opposed to a complicated medical procedure fraught with potential risks and uncertainties.... [tags: plastic surgery, tv advertisement]
1353 words (3.9 pages)
- What is a Cardiothoracic Surgeon. Why is it that Cardiothoracic Surgeons spend their valuable time trying to save you from dying. Many people understand that Cardiothoracic Surgeon earns lots of money because they save many lives. Cardiothoracic Surgeon are known as doctors who perform open heart surgery on open chests. Cardiothoracic Surgeon is a interesting career because they are willing to be concerned about people who suffer conditions of their heart. Cardiothoracic has been relevant since the 17th century in the United States.... [tags: Career Essays, egypticians]
578 words (1.7 pages)