As students, we do not always think about what the world needs. ILP and humanistic therapy allow the individual to become aware of their whole self. They are able to put their talents together in a successful and meaningful way. It is important to start thinking about these life tasks in high school to help avoid possible disappointments of f...
... middle of paper ...
...was not covered, we will also go through that. Students will be provided with handouts for future reference. Students will be reminded that there is only one session left.
Session Ten: Evaluation. The last session will include reflecting on the past nine sessions and discussing what they have learned about themselves and how they can apply it to their future. Students will discuss thoughts and fears about the future and what has changed throughout this process. The importance of confidentiality will be stress again and students will complete a post-test, with the same statements from the pre-test to compare views. I would like to end the session with a mindfulness imagery exercise. This exercise will allow the student to get go of any stress they feel about life after high school. The students will be able to do this exercise on their own whenever stresses arise.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Adoption is a process where by a person assumes the parenting for another and, in so doing, permanently transfers all rights and responsibilities from the biological parent or parents. Unlike guardianship or other systems designed for the care of the young, adoption is intended to effect a permanent change in status and as such requires societal recognition, either through legal or religious sanction. Adoption has changed considerably over the centuries with its focus shifting from adult adoption and inheritance issues toward children and family creation; its structure moving from recognition of continuity between the adopted and kin toward allowing relationships of lessened intensity.... [tags: Career Research ]
2059 words (5.9 pages)
- In 2001, the Army came to the consensus to add career counselors (MOS 79S) as recipients to receive Special Duty Assignment Pay (SDAP). The SDAP payment for a Career Counselor was originally set at $300. Due to the unusual high degree of responsibility and demand, the position requires of the Soldier. Career counselors received SDAP because they execute binding contracts on behalf of the US government. This includes the severity and importance of their daily duties, led to the proposal and endorsement.... [tags: Non-commissioned officer, Soldier, Money]
1547 words (4.4 pages)
- The job of an addiction counselor specializing in, but not limiting my choice to substance abuse is the job profession I have chosen. The opportunities for this field are very open in my area of the country and throughout the Unites States. The counselors that work within range of me are very busy, and have little time to offer to a person in training. I was able to arrange an email interview with a particular counselor working at a rehabilitation facility for alcoholics and drug addicts. His job entailed monitoring the day-to-day progress of several people assigned to his case load.... [tags: Career]
1010 words (2.9 pages)
- A professional school counselor is skilled and trained to use his/her best judgment when it comes to students’ rights and confidentiality. One should behave as a professional at all times and be mindful of their behavior. One not only have to be aware of professional values they should also be knowledgeable of applying these standards as they apply to the role of the school counselor. The professional school counselor is responsible for removing barriers to learning and to advocate for change for all students.... [tags: School counselor, Education, Ethics]
1265 words (3.6 pages)
- I have wanted to be a counselor since my freshmen year of high school and in the counseling field there are many specialties that I can focus on. I am fairly certain that I want to specialize in helping people with substance abuse and their families. I have always focused my studies, interests, and work on things that will help me in this field and I have a lot of qualities that help to enhance me in my eventual career. There are difficulties when I get to practice also like what people perceive as correct counseling style, challenges with my gender and race, and finally creating my own counseling style and plans.... [tags: Challenges, Addicts, Teens]
905 words (2.6 pages)
- High school is the second stage of education that acts as a transition period from childhood into young adulthood. The in-depth self discovery and growth as well as disappointment that occurs in this critical phase of a young person’s life requires support and guidance for optimal success. I have an absolute confidence in all young people’s abilities to take them beyond the expectations of society. My passion for the belief that education is a solution to obstacles many teenagers face is the foundation for my desire to influence high school student’s lives.... [tags: professional occupation, educators]
865 words (2.5 pages)
- The first disposition I choose is Psychological fitness. I believe as I start my career as a professional counselor I need to be careful and make sure I am able to take care of myself spiritual and emotional. It will require that I do a lot of self-care in order for me not to burned out. Where I currently work I get referrals that are really touchy and when I talk to the client I make sure I do not get emotional. As a counselor I need to hide my emotions and make sure I do not share anything that my impact the client.... [tags: Emotion, Psychology, Need, Want]
778 words (2.2 pages)
- 36. Career Counselor - $53,610 These professionals guide and assist individuals develop skills necessary to make practical career and/or educational decisions. They may conduct assessments and provide counseling to determine which strengths an individual has that may be advantageous in their occupational development. BLS.gov lists the median pay for career counselors at about $54k. 37. Clinical Supervisor - $52,673 Within the field of psychology, clinical supervisors are generally professionals that promote, develop, and coordinate the services of a healthcare clinic.... [tags: Psychotherapy, Psychology, Psychiatry]
997 words (2.8 pages)
- My dream career is to become a school counselor. Researching the training and education, debt accrued, skills needed, work environment and so on educated me to a very full extent. My dream career will take a lot of focus and determination but I am confident in my ability to achieve what I set my mind too. A fair amount of training and education is needed to become a school counselor. You must first have a bachelor’s degree preferably in a Psychology related program. I will be obtaining my bachelor’s degree in psychology at Western Washington University (WWU) next year.... [tags: education requirements, training]
674 words (1.9 pages)
- Career Passports and Career Portfolios Portfolios have long been used in some professions to showcase professional work and skill. In education, portfolios have also been used for assessment, including self-assessment (Lankes 1995; Pond et al. 1998). Both career portfolios and career passports reflect this dual focus—students assess themselves in the process of developing a product, and the resulting product showcases and documents their experiences and skills. A distinction is sometimes drawn between a portfolio as developmental and a passport as summative (Bridging the Gap 1993).... [tags: Career Passports Portfolios Essays]
1831 words (5.2 pages)