First through looking at hiring data the trends show that accounting is a growing field with good pay, if you have the proper education. The first major thing of note is the pay which averages out to 63,550 dollars per year or a $30.55 per hour rate (BLS 1). This tells me that even an average accountant can make a strong living that could more than likely support a full family. Next, is the employment turnover which is around 166,700 or 13% of the job field (BLS 1). This tells me that accounting a stable job but there is always a need for new accountant to replace those who are either fired or go to a different company. Also it is shown that the accounting profession is a field dominated by white males (AICPA 3...
... middle of paper ...
...inances through checking that random transactions are correctly written in the books) (Amato 1). This internal pressure is from higher ups in the company being audited who want things covered up to keep investors happy. When asked to do this auditors should follow the Institute of Internal Auditors Code of Ethics which states “shall disclose all material facts known to them that, if not disclosed, may distort the reporting of activities under review” (Amato 2). To sum this up accountants should have ethics be their top priority and should report people who try to cover up information. This articles not only shows the importance of accounting objectivity/ethics, but also shows how often that businesses want accountants to cover up important data and compromise on their ethics. The ability to make decisions based on accounting ethics is essential to great accounting.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- At a glance, accounting might appear as a repetitive cycle of preparing and examining financial statements. However, a brief exposure to accounting has taught me how chaotic it can be for accountants. An accountant captures and represents the information of businesses. By reviewing financial operations, an accountant helps a business run efficiently. This profession can be intellectually stimulating and rewarding. After learning about accounting, I cannot help but be interested and desire to work toward a degree in accountancy.... [tags: Accountant, Certified Public Accountant]
736 words (2.1 pages)
- All of my life, I have loved numbers. No matter what subject I was studying, I would try to incorporate numbers in school. My mom has told me that I would always know how much change I would be getting back after buying something when I was really young. Now, my mom has me take care of much of the financials in our family and I love doing it. These many things have led me to wanting to become an accountant. The amount of time and effort I put into math and accounting classes shows just how much I love the two subjects.... [tags: Accountant, Certified Public Accountant, Need]
1027 words (2.9 pages)
- As a junior at Elizabeth City State University, I think a lot about what want to do after college. Questioning my plans after graduation and the type of career I hope to get. My goal is to graduate with a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, plus, to get an accounting job in six months. In that same year I plan on taking my boards to become a Certified Public Accountant. Some of the jobs I hope to consider is to become an Accountant Assistant, Staff Accountant, Accountant II, and a Chief accountant.... [tags: Accountant, Certified Public Accountant]
1136 words (3.2 pages)
- The Requirements to be A Successful Accountant Accounting, which has been called the "language of business", includes different types of economic activities like preparing and checking the records that are related to finance. An accountant’s task is to make sure that the records are written accurately and the taxes are paid timely. Furthermore, the job is to examine the accounting books and accounting systems officially to keep them up to date. Nowadays, accounting is known as a popular business-related major.... [tags: Certified Public Accountant]
1609 words (4.6 pages)
- Goals 1. My first goal is to continue my education by earning a Master’s degree in Accounting right after completing my bachelor’s degree. The MSU’s Accounting program attracts me for both its reputation and its career opportunities available for international students. It is my responsibility as a future accountant to be really familiar and proficient at the tools accountants use regularly. Achieving my master’s degree will also help me achieving my second goal of becoming a CPA by meeting the requirement of curriculum.... [tags: Certified Public Accountant, Accountant]
1048 words (3 pages)
- Introduction Many people share the belief that accountants, both external and internal are only used for companies or businesses but they also provide services to individuals. Accountants are perhaps the best tools a person can go to for aid in their finances. Accountants assist in a person’s use of money, giving advice, preparing tax information and overall handling a person’s accounts. There are several benefits in hiring an accountant to assist in one’s personal finances. Though people are able to file their taxes on their taxes on their own, they aren’t necessarily going to get the outmost refund or pay less than they could.... [tags: filing taxes, financial institutions, investments]
1010 words (2.9 pages)
- Disadvantages of Having an Accountant The following disadvantages to be discussed in this section are (1) cost and (2) liability. Cost. When establishing a small business and in the being phase of a startup company, money is tight. The company has yet to take shape but the need to generate growth is a huge concern. Cost is an incremental factor that deters the businesses owners’ decision to hire an accountant. Part of the costs involved in hiring an accountant includes their salary, benefits, and office space.... [tags: Business, Small business, Startup company]
1065 words (3 pages)
- The ethical dilemma in this case is one that Daniel Potter is faced with. Daniel is a staff accountant at a Big Eight accounting firm, Baker Greenleaf. He was given the duty of performing an audit on a wholly-owned real estate subsidiary (Sub) of a long-standing and important client of his firm. Oliver Freeman is Daniel’s project manager. Oliver is the one that gave Daniel the task of performing the audit, and he is expecting a clean opinion from Daniel on the analysis of the Sub in order to secure the clients account exclusively.... [tags: Business Ethics Morals ]
1270 words (3.6 pages)
- Accounting is a profession that is often overlooked when it comes to choosing careers in business, but it is crucial in keeping the business world turning. Excellent accounting is the lifeblood of any successful business. Accountants keep track of the money coming into a business and leaving a business, as well as debts, expenses, and budgeting. There are several different paths that can be taken in accounting, depending on the sector and field one is in. Some of these fields include tax and auditing, to name two.... [tags: Certified Public Accountant, Accountant]
1358 words (3.9 pages)
- Overview A CA (Chartered Accountant) is a professional accountant who has earned the CA title through training and practical experience obtained from the CICA (Canadian Institute of Chartered Accountants). The institute, which has over 66,000 members, conducts research into current business issues and sets accounting and auditing standards for all types of businesses. A CA is a complete professional in the field of Accountancy - informed in the subjects of Accountancy, Auditing, Business Management, Information Technology, Taxation, Corporate and Commercial Law, Financial Management, Economics and other linked subjects.... [tags: essays research papers]
1070 words (3.1 pages)
- A Sociological Experiment On Obedience
- Analysis Of ' The Novel ' Grendel ' By John Gardner
- Atomic Weapons And Nuclear Weapons
- The Impact Of Air Pollution Regulations Of Grays Ferry Cogeneration Facility Management
- The Transformation Of The Music Industry
- Poverty, Quality Of Life, And Economic Instability