He sat in his home study though he had to catch a flight in a few hours.
The walls were blood red and all the furniture was fashioned in thick, dark oak. He only had one piece of artwork in his study, a canvas of the iconic “Napalm Girl” photographed by Nick Ut which for some reason or another gave him tranquility.
The rest of his study was decorated with various different guns, mostly rare collectables such as World War II German riffles and American Civil War muskets. Some had been hard to obtain, but he’d acquired them.
He didn’t have any reflective surface in here or in any room of his house except a small mirror he would use for shaving. He wasn’t ashamed of his scars that consumed most his face and body, in fact quite the opposite. They were part of the self-made man he was today.
He’d been fierce in the fields, possessing a savage drive that had enabled him to excel. However, he didn’t like to catch his reflection. Sometimes frightening even to him.
Dewhurst stared at his artwork, one hand caressing the smooth black leather chair he was seated in and the other cradling his whiskey in a crystal tumbler. His fingers stroked the engraved pattern while swishing the drink around in the glass.
Dr. Walker was dead. He couldn’t say he was surprised. Robert and himself had gone way back and the man had always been weak.
He could recall visiting him once many years ago and telling him he was being transferred to Serbsy Centre. He almost shit himself.
Back then Dewhurst had been a General, proudly showing off his four stars but now he was Deputy Chief of Staff ...
... middle of paper ...
...t form of weapons any nation could own at their disposal. No country would back out now, similar to commanding the use of nuclear weapons to be shut down. That didn’t work out either. No-one wanted to give up that power.
He could, however, find these girls. They wouldn’t last very long on the run. Women weren’t intellectuals and weren’t designed to cope with high pressured situations, Dewhurst had found. He knew a lot of people and could pull a lot of strings.
William Dewhurst would find these vermin and after he had his fun and learnt all he could about them he would exterminate them like the low-life race they were.
He poured himself another whiskey and raised his glass to Yongrui, even Robert and the work they had achieved as he vowed he would find the creatures on the loose. Laughing, he downed the expensive alcohol in one, slamming his glass onto his desk.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- IGOs (Intergovernmental Organizations) offers expresses some assistance with becoming associated to the customary communications and adds to propensities for collaboration. A percentage of the parts of IGOs are set up regularized procedures of data social occasion, investigation and observation, create methodology to make guidelines, settle debate and rebuff the individuals who neglect to take after the principles, conduct operational exercises that resolve real substantive issues, assume key parts in bartering serving as enclosures for arranging and creating coalition.... [tags: Human rights]
1586 words (4.5 pages)
- William James Basie's Biography During the heyday of the swing era, many big bands flourished. Duke Ellington, Benny Goodman, Glen Miller, and Chick Webb fronted big bands that could swing, but none of these legends could swing like the Count Basie Orchestra. Count Basie proved that a big band could still swing, without losing the spontaneity so essential to jazz. William James Basie was born August 21, 1904 in Red Bank, New Jersey (Hare, par. 3). His father was a coachman and caretaker for a wealthy judge, and his mother took in laundry to help with the family's financial situation.... [tags: William James Basie Biography]
1339 words (3.8 pages)
- According to Wikipedia single-sex education is the practice of conducting education where male and female students attend separate classes or in separate buildings or schools. Research on the impact of single gender education has been occurring for quite some time. Studies are continuously being done to see the effects from separating children in school based on gender. Between the years of 1968 to 2013, the National Science Foundation funded an analysis of grades K through 12. There was a multitude of research methods that were used.... [tags: Gender, Education, Single-sex education, Female]
2034 words (5.8 pages)
- Single parenthood culture seems appealing to many married people. However, married individuals are forced to battle with elements like faithfulness and life-long commitment to one individual, which may be boring in some cases. However, single parents, especially single mothers encounter serious challenges related to parenting. Single parenting is a succession of constant mental torture because of ineptness, self-scrutiny, and remorse. At some point, single parents will often encounter serious psychological problems some graduating to stress and eventual depression.... [tags: single parenthood culture]
2054 words (5.9 pages)
- Rationale: This design brief is intended to take into account the results of Heath’s VAST heuristic (relating to activities) (1989, in Elliott-Burns, 2003) and a selection of Lackney’s Design Principles (n.d.). Hennah’s (2007) concepts of traffic flow and layout will be incorporated. The design will also consider the requirements of integrating a guided inquiry pedagogy. The users of the space will also be given the opportunity to take part in the process. Heath’s VAST heuristic offers a “rich alternative” (p7, 1989, as cited in Elliott-Burns, 2005) to a checklist approach to designing and can be used to evaluate a learning space and lead to the design of a new one.... [tags: Design Brief]
2158 words (6.2 pages)
- As anticipated, “Ta Pum” is a glaring illustration of the inhumanity of war. The composition is also one of the few soldiers’ songs ascribable to an author and referring to a precise historical event. Despite being originally composed during the nineteenth-century by anonymous workers, who were detonating the explosive charges when excavating the San Gottardo Gallery, “Ta-Pum” became widely known during WWI after the catastrophic Ortigara Battle which caused 20000 death and wounded on both sides of the Alps and is still remembered to be the highest battle ever fought.... [tags: World War I, Trench warfare, Soldier, Asiago]
1025 words (2.9 pages)
- W.E.B DuBois William Edward Burghardt Du Bois was a great contributor to humanity, an activist, a scholar and a leader. He wrote poems, fought discrimination, and inspired others to rise up through education and political involvement. 150 miles due west of Boston Massachusetts on February 23, 1868 in Great Barrington Massachusetts W.E.B. De Bois was born. He died August 27th, 1963 the day before Martin Luther King Jr gave his “I Have a Dream” Speech, in Accra, Ghana 1963. He lived to see both world wars, the invention of the automobile and many other things in his 95 years.... [tags: W. E. B. Du Bois, African American, Black people]
1079 words (3.1 pages)
- I was approaching Rogan’s back door, and I saw his mom talking on the phone with someone. She seemed flirty, really flirty so I kept listening. “Yea, come on over, my husband left for work over an hour ago,” said Mrs. Shad on her cell phone. Oh jesus I was thinking to myself, my best friend’s mom, is having an affair and I have to be the person to tell him. The situation played in my head over and over again. My brain was playing tricks on me right. I wanted to be wrong. Maybe she was just talking on the phone with the plumber, or one of her good friends.... [tags: Mother, Father, 2005 singles, Profanity]
2046 words (5.8 pages)
- The United States makes use of the progressive tax system, which translates to different portions of one 's income, being taxed at rates, which are different. In general terms, people who have taxable incomes that are higher pay overall tax rates, which are higher. The real manifestation of this system is the tax brackets because they reflect the amount an individual has to reimburse in several levels of income. Because rates and tax brackets occasionally change, people should take the initiative of checking to confirm whether they are making use of individual tables as they file their taxes.... [tags: Progressive tax, Tax, Taxation]
1319 words (3.8 pages)
- Cybercrime and social media are two major global problems that impact society. Today, are more accessible to computers and the Internet than in years prior. Nonetheless, perpetrators attack social media with illegal activity to facilitate their crime. There are different strategies or practices by various countries to combat cybercrime. However, identity theft, cyberbullying and phishing are three major type of cybercrimes which are impacting social networking websites. Many factors play right into the advantage of identity theft through social media.... [tags: Social network service, MySpace, Identity theft]
996 words (2.8 pages)