“Yea, come on over, my husband left for work over an hour ago,” said Mrs. Shad on her cell phone.
Oh jesus I was thinking to myself, my best friend’s mom, is having an affair and I have to be the person to tell him. The situation played in my head over and over again. My brain was playing tricks on me right? I wanted to be wrong. Maybe she was just talking on the phone with the plumber, or one of her good friends?
Panicked, I decided to continue listening to figure out what was really going on. A car approached, It was my father. Maybe he just forgot something at home again.. Reality slapped me in the face as my father pulled into the Shad’s driveway. My father was the mystery man on the phone. From then on reality collapsed onto itself, creating a blur from then on. I didn’t want to watch, but I knew I had to see what was really going on. My father started removing his tie and unbuttoning his shirt. Mrs. Shad started taking off her dress. That was enough for me. I could feel my warm, salty tears slam against my arm. I kept asking myself how the hell I was going to tell my best friend his mom was having an affair with MY dad.
That Tuesday evening and I was just getting home from school, my dad was working late so I decided to go over to Rogan 's house to eat dinner. I could smell his mom 's brisket cooking from a mile away. I walked through the door and had a huge urge to call his mom out for hooking up with my dad, but I knew I needed to keep my mouth shut. I heard Rogen 's mom soft gentle voice.
“You came just in time for dinner Rodison, please sit down.”
“Yeah dude sit down be...
... middle of paper ...
...y best friend was dead and it was his fault, it was MY fault.
“You need to realize your impulsive actions killed my best friend, my other half,” I said with nothing but anger. That was all I could remember saying to my father.
Months passed by and I moved to my mom 's house in Arizona, miles away from my dad. I knew running away from my problems wasn’t going to solve anything, but staying with my dad and in the town where my best friend passed away, I was sure that was not going to solve anything either. After Roger 's death, I could feel apart of him inside of me, and sometimes I feel his presence with me. I decided that I was going to live my life for him. Which means I wasn’t going to continue living with anger and regret, but with happiness and gratitude. I will never forget how the morning sun hit my face that morning my bestfriend died, I promised myself.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Generation of Idiots It has been documented that Albert Einstein was once quoted as saying “I fear the day that technology will surpass our human interaction. The world will have a generation of idiots.” It is my assertion that technology does not make for a less intelligent people. Rather the use of technology allows people to obtain knowledge faster, be more efficient and better able to multi-task. In fact, technology is simply a tool that allows people to perform a variety of tasks and accomplish goals ranging from paying bills to designing and constructing an earthquake resistant buildings.... [tags: Technology, 21st century, Intelligence]
1192 words (3.4 pages)
- Film History from 1945-80s European art films of the 1960s are usually considered to represent a “new” type of woman—modern, sensual, complex, strong-willed, sympathetic, honest, liberated. Using at least two art films mentioned in the readings for weeks 6, 8, or 12, explore the representations of the main female characters. Are the women in the films of your choice “liberated” ones. If so, in what terms. liberated emotionally and sexually, liberated from society’s judgements, liberated from conventional judgment of worth according to man.... [tags: Woman, Female, Emotion, Gender]
1522 words (4.3 pages)
- Background The word “Phubbing” is a combination of the words phone and snubbing. Although it was originally believed that Alex Haigh, a student at Melbourne, created this word when he designed the “Stop Phubbing” website, the word was created in May of 2012 by the McCann advertising agency. The advertising agency created the word “Phubbing” to raise consumer interest and up sales of their new dictionary that was going to be released, the Macquarie dictionary. Shortly after the announcement of this new word it was trending on social media and various other websites.... [tags: Mobile phone, Personal digital assistant]
1209 words (3.5 pages)
- Bibliography Americanhindi. “Neurosurgeon: Cell Phone Causes Brain Tumor.” Online video clip. YouTube. YouTube, 22 Oct 2013. Web. February 2016. In this video, a neurosurgeon goes into the fundamental studies of cell phones and their link to brain tumors. Neurosurgeon Keith Black says interesting statements throughout the video. His most interesting statement was that if a person starts smoking at twelve years old, it is not expected that when that person is twenty-two he or she will have lung cancer.... [tags: Mobile phone, Mobile phone radiation and health]
774 words (2.2 pages)
- Throughout the years the characters and plots of mystery novels have evolved and have been modernized. However, no matter when or where the novels are written, they all succeed in having major impacts on the unsuspecting readers. For some mystery fans, the opening of the book can awaken the butterflies in the pit of their stomachs. As the stories progress, the reader is drawn further and further into the novel until it becomes impossible to pry the book from their hands. Mystery novels written by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle and Charles Dickens are not exceptions and are overflowing with suspenseful scenes.... [tags: The Hound of the Baskervilles, The Mystery of Edwi]
2186 words (6.2 pages)
- Rationale: This design brief is intended to take into account the results of Heath’s VAST heuristic (relating to activities) (1989, in Elliott-Burns, 2003) and a selection of Lackney’s Design Principles (n.d.). Hennah’s (2007) concepts of traffic flow and layout will be incorporated. The design will also consider the requirements of integrating a guided inquiry pedagogy. The users of the space will also be given the opportunity to take part in the process. Heath’s VAST heuristic offers a “rich alternative” (p7, 1989, as cited in Elliott-Burns, 2005) to a checklist approach to designing and can be used to evaluate a learning space and lead to the design of a new one.... [tags: Design Brief]
2158 words (6.2 pages)
- Mykel Gleez Social Media Essay Business Communication The importance of communication has been studied and researched for several years because the effects of it, if done effectively can be extremely productive but if not, it can be a disaster. Today communication is conducted through several outlets and technology challenges us to improve our techniques and learn new methods to accomplish a successful communication process. As humans, oral tradition or word of mouth has been, I believe the most important way of communicating our message and get it across individual or a group but with time and development and today we face easier and faster ways getting our content out there.... [tags: Communication, Mobile phone, Mass media]
1221 words (3.5 pages)
- Suicide Note Analysis In 1987, Janice Mirikitani wrote and published a poem titled Suicide Note. The speaker of the poem, a female, Asian American college student who commits suicide after receiving slightly-less-than-perfect grades, gives repeated apologies to her parents and tells them exactly how she feels in a suicide note - one most probably addressed to them. In the poem, Mirikitani conveys a sad and somber mood while implementing an extended metaphor to compare the speaker to a bird. “How many notes written…” (Mirikitani 1-2).... [tags: Suicide, Suicide note, Suicide methods]
1021 words (2.9 pages)
- The Guide Dog Mystery by Gertrude Chandler Warner Benny - He is one of the Alden children. He is six years old.. Jessie - She is one of the Alden children. She is twelve years old. Henry - He is one of the Alden children. He is 14 years old. Violet She is one of the Alden children. She is ten years old. Grandfather Alden He is the grandfather of the Alden children. They live with him. Jason Peters He is a trainer at the Greenfield Guide Dog School. Mrs. Carter She is the owner of the Greenfield Guide Dog School.... [tags: Gertrude Chandler Warner Guide God Mystery]
1483 words (4.2 pages)
- The Mystery “Ring . . . Ring” screamed the phone. “Damn who could that be . . . its almost seven a.m. on a Saturday . . . . hold on Allison it will only take a minute . . . Hello?” detective Pat said. “ Hey sorry Sergeant McGurn but we need you to come down to the station as soon as possible . . . there's more trouble over at Gibbons. Meet me there.” “Hey sugar I have to go down to Gibbons there's more trouble, do you need a ride someplace?” said the exasperated homicide detective. “It's always something with you Pat .... [tags: Creative Writing Examples]
2085 words (6 pages)