The beginning of this year, OSHA updated their recordkeeping rules and stated that if any of the following occurred, that OSHA would have to be notified: all work- related fatalities must be reported within eight hours of the accident, if an employee is admitted as inpatient to the hospital because of a work-related accident, if an employee has an amputation at work, or if loss of an eye occurs while working on company time (OSHA’s Recordkeeping Rule, 2015). If OSHA id not notified within the allotted time frame of the accident, then the employer can be subject to a huge fine for withholding pertinent, required information from OSHA. OSHA wants to be notified of the sever accidents, so they can come in and do a thorough site visit to determine what went wrong and what the company needs to do to fix the issue in oreder to ensure no other employee wi...
... middle of paper ...
...y accidents and illness related to the working conditions at the facility, and they need to properly identify what is causing these issues and record them properly. If the company does not investigate why employees are get sick, then how will the company know what needs to be changed or what needs to be done to prevent other employees from becoming ill? The company needs to be aware that every accident needs to be recorded and this should take place immediately. If the company does not understand what constitutes as a thorough accident investigation or who to record an accident, they can hire a safety professional full time or consult with a safety consulting firm. OSHA has set strict guidelines for accident recording, and Dynamic Duo, Inc. should be familiar with the rules in an effort to reduce and eliminate the safety hazards that are present within the facility.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Telecare unit. Being the nurse manager, he assumes the leadership in developing professional relationship among the multidisciplinary team. Mr. Thathamkulam has an open door policy and instructs all his staff to report to him any problems, which arise time to time so that it can be taken care of in the initial stage. He monitors all the team members on a daily basis. Mr. Thathamkulam functions as the chair of the safety committee for Eye Care Line; he monitors for Joint Commission safety compliance in the care line, identifies safety hazards, follows up with fire drills, attends hospital wide safety meetings, conducts quarterly safety meetings in the care line and reports to the hospital wid... [tags: Nursing, Nurse, Team, Florence Nightingale]
1544 words (4.4 pages)
- Q1: an elderly patient was hospitalised and scheduled for surgery due to a fractured femur. Medical Officer (MO) decided to treat the elevated international normalised ratio(INR) with a unit of fresh frozen plasma(FFP). There were no medical record to show whether patient was taking anti-coagulant. Also there were no medical order of the FFT nor consent form documented. The lab staff asked the MO to collect the FFT himself instead of getting it in person and checking the label and prescription order .... [tags: Health care, Medicine, Health care provider]
1045 words (3 pages)
- Criminology The individual that I interviewed Adolpho Mariel is a current police officer, ex border patrol officer, and retired veteran from the army. My connection to officer Mariel is through a friend of my younger brother (he is the uncle of my brother’s friend). I have met officer Mariel before, interacting with him in birthday parties or celebrations where we have both been invited through my younger brother and his friend. I have never really had a conversation with him about his career as a police officer, I knew he worked in San Diego but I never dwelled on his job.... [tags: Police, Law enforcement]
1119 words (3.2 pages)
- Rationale: This design brief is intended to take into account the results of Heath’s VAST heuristic (relating to activities) (1989, in Elliott-Burns, 2003) and a selection of Lackney’s Design Principles (n.d.). Hennah’s (2007) concepts of traffic flow and layout will be incorporated. The design will also consider the requirements of integrating a guided inquiry pedagogy. The users of the space will also be given the opportunity to take part in the process. Heath’s VAST heuristic offers a “rich alternative” (p7, 1989, as cited in Elliott-Burns, 2005) to a checklist approach to designing and can be used to evaluate a learning space and lead to the design of a new one.... [tags: Design Brief]
2158 words (6.2 pages)
- Definition of compliance gaining: Compliance gaining is a term used in the social sciences, specifically in sociology and communication studies, to identify the act of intentionally trying to alter behavior. The term refers to how people try to get other people to do things, or comply. In short, the term compliance gaining strategies are used to define the tactics we use to persuade others to think or act in a desired way. I. TYPES OF COMPLIANCE GAINING STRATEGIES: Reward and Punishment: So, in case you do not like to lets say suck up to people, then Face Maintenance is not for you.... [tags: compliance gaining, sociology, communication, ]
1348 words (3.9 pages)
- Steven Schleper English 102 Mrs. Prochaska 03 February 2015 Civil Unrest Suppose you are just walking down the street to the gas station, and all of a sudden you are stopped by the police and told if you do not lay down with your hands on your head they will shoot. It sounds pretty unlikely, right. Well it may be happening more often than you think. The use of lethal and excessive force by the police has become all too familiar to the people of today’s world. Excessive use of force, brutality, racism, and profiling are all terms that serve to describe this horrendous situation.... [tags: Police, Police brutality, Police officer]
2486 words (7.1 pages)
- Word Microsoft Corporation USE APP 1 / 3 Unit 2. Working in the Science Industry Assignment 3. Part A. 1. How would you transfer old written documents (e.g.) Health and Safety records) into the LIMS. Most old documents are hand written but now we rely on electronic copy as it is easier to find using the search button rather than looking through stacks of old paper documents, one by one.Old documents such as images and files can be scanned and uploaded onto the system, in a PDF format or word format and old data such as order lists, which used to be kept in a log book, can be put in spreadsheet format such as Excel, in a folder, with a clear name to show what the investigation is about.... [tags: Spreadsheet, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Office]
1380 words (3.9 pages)
A Brief Note On Cheese Company 's Common Operating Practices And Evaluate Whether Compliance With The Civil Rights Act Of 1964
- Introduction The Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) is the agency that enforces most federal employment laws (EEOC Laws, n.d.). Title VII prohibits employment practices that discriminate because of race, color, national origin, sex and religion (EEOC Laws,” n.d.). This paper will analyze Gelato Cheese Company’s common operating practices and evaluate whether compliance with the Civil Rights Act of 1964. Secondly, it will provide a recommendation as to Changes made to comply with the ADEA.... [tags: Discrimination]
1112 words (3.2 pages)
- It is not right for one to abuse their powers especially when it harms other people, police officers have a lot of power in their hands and to some that power goes to their heads and they abuse of that power and use excessive force when needed or not needed, either way they do not have the right to use it. Because police officers are using excessive force they should change how police officers deal in certain situations, they should punish police officers who use excessive force and they should put body cameras on police officers.... [tags: Police, Police brutality, Police officer]
1048 words (3 pages)
- Police departments around the united states always focuses on making the community a safer place, helping the community and make the city or county that police officers work in look good and always looking professional while police officers do their job. It takes a lot of courage to be a police officer, you have to be physically prepared, but, the police officer has to be always mentally prepared, every decision that a police officer makes has to be the right one, if a police officer makes a wrong decision, it could cost your career or someone’s life.... [tags: Police, Police brutality, Police officer]
1289 words (3.7 pages)