Growing up, I was always compared to my big sister. Everyone thought that she was my twin even though she was two years older than me. People use to joke that I just fell a grade or they just put her ahead because she was really smart. She never really had to study to make an A. On the other hand, I had to work really hard to make good grades. It did not matter how hard I studied, I always ended up an average B or C student. She cried when she made a B, and I was happy that I made a passing grade for how hard I studied. I use to envy my sister for being so knowledgeable. After I realized that I had to find what worked for me, I started to accept the struggles and challenges that I was faced with. She went off to college and received her degrees, and I was left with still trying to receive my first one. I did not understand why it was so easy for her when we both where brought up the same way. However, when I look back over my life, I am grateful for the struggles because I am a harder worker than she seems to be. I have had to work harder to prove myself. My resume speaks for itself. In contrast, my sister is still looking for a better job and a career that she could grow to love. Now she is looking at me saying t...
... middle of paper ...
...ery moment their mind cannot properly function or grasp the question that is being asked to them? I believe that an intelligent person might fail at this from time to time, but a person who has put in the hard work will never face this problem because he or she has prepared themselves and are ready for whatever question that is thrown at them. I believe that intelligence will help get the job, but once in the job it is important to work hard. The people that are considered for promotion are those who go above and beyond what is being asked of them. If you and another person does the same job, the difference that will be made between the two would be who does the best job, and that ultimately means who works the hardest and not who’s the smartest. In conclusion, I still believe that IQ and hard work are important, but the hardest worker will always come out on top.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- 1. Work centrality My centrality score was 20 and it can be interpreted as average work centrality. Overall, the score more likely reflects my life because I think my life is not only for work but also for family and friends. Even though it is hard to balance our work and non-work roles, I believe those roles improve my self-concept on managing time and resources. Work and non-work roles shared the same importance. Work role contributes to our life as it gives chance to earn money. Working also gives me self-esteem because I can implement my knowledge which I studied at university in real cases.... [tags: Creativity, Idea, Role, Gender role]
1118 words (3.2 pages)
- Deaf Culture Response Paper Testimonial #1 (Jabrina – Middle School – Hard-of-Hearing) Summary Jabrina is a Middle School student who is hard-of-hearing. She attends a private school and lives in the dorm. Jabrina states that she feels more independent at her private school verses attending a public school. Her plans for the future include attending college and pursuing a degree in the field of fashion design. The advice she gives to other hard-of-hearing students is to have confidence in yourself and respect other people.... [tags: Deaf culture, Hearing impairment, High school]
1625 words (4.6 pages)
- Virgo Work Compatibility Virgo’s desire to become more must include mental stimulation and detailed attention added to your daily life and career to feel comfortable and satisfied in your workplace. Boredom is a real issue, as when you aren’t properly absorbed into your work, everything suffers and your career can than be felt as lacking. While helping and dealing with others, using your mind, and being able to express yourself in your own way, you can find satisfaction and success in your career.... [tags: Zodiac, Astrological sign, Western astrology, Sun]
1557 words (4.4 pages)
- Work Related Issues In the work environment, she may have a different belief or attitude that can affect the way she gets along with supervisor as this can be a problem in the work environment. She does not show much ambition and may be makes unpredictable decisions; she tends to put her own interest first and becomes defensive when criticized. Although not showing much ambition in the work place she is a reliable worker and effortlessly accepts small roles, she does not like to take on too much responsibility.... [tags: Existentialism, Psychotherapy, Meaning of life]
1183 words (3.4 pages)
- Working with people can be challenging, but so rewarding all at the same time. As humans, we are certainly not perfect and we are making mistakes daily. Making decisions is one thing that does not come easily to us, and depending on the day you can get multiple different answers to one situation. The NASW Code of Ethics is an extremely helpful tool when we are working with clients and something that does not ever waiver in ethical decision-making. If we are working in the Social work profession, then we must insure we are making the correct decision for everyone who is involved with the client.... [tags: Ethics, Sociology, Social work, Business ethics]
1190 words (3.4 pages)
- Yellowave Forget the nine to five job, escape the 24/7 hustles and bustles, that’s the modern day entrepreneurial spirit. As the U.S. economy continues to emerge, slowly yet unevenly, the financial system seems to be back on track. One attribute that helped the U.S. economy maintained its powerhouse status is the physical and human capital with full leverage in a free market and business oriented environment (U.S economy, 2015, para. 5). Even more people are jumping on being a sidepreneur through the E-commerce and leaving full-time job to venture out on becoming the boss.... [tags: Entrepreneurship, Marketing, Pricing]
992 words (2.8 pages)
- Implementation When compared to direct craft beer competitors, it is interesting to note how many more stock keeping units (SKUs) per brand Big Rock currently offers. This is represented by SKU counts of 14 per core brand and 11 per seasonal brand. Currently, the average number of SKUs per craft brand is 7.4 in terms of core products and 6.6 in terms of seasonal products (Reference Market Report). Although Big Rock operates on a much greater scale than traditional micro-breweries, there are significant risks to consider by offering too many seasonal SKUs.... [tags: Advertising, Marketing, Brand management]
868 words (2.5 pages)
- TSD and Family Treatment Many families will be impacted by deployments of Operation Enduring Freedom and Operation Iraqi Freedom, when service members come home many will need help for PTSD as well as their families. Family members can have an impact on the service member 's recovery and treatment (Hall, 2008). Similarly. living with a service member with PTSD does not directly cause PTSD, but can cause similar symptoms and “various secondary dramatization” (Hall,2008, p. 226). Because of the effect family can have on one another it is important to address both family and service member in treating PTSD.... [tags: Problem solving, Interpersonal relationship]
2138 words (6.1 pages)
- The field of nursing is one that requires much passion, hard work and critical thinking. It is a nurses job to promote the well being of their patients and help the return to normal function. However unfortunate events occur, resulting in patients receiving adverse health conditions as a result of being in a medical facility One of the most prevalent of these nosocomial conditions are pressure ulcers. Not only do the patients suffer from the pain of pressure ulcers but the hospitals and medical facilities are effected as well.... [tags: Hospital, Patient, Nursing, Health care provider]
1199 words (3.4 pages)
- Summary: If you are hunting around for a way to get slim, liposuction can be your option for life. Liposuction surgery in Delhi is a prevalent technique that has flounced away bulges across the globe. Countless persons have challenging adipose, another name for fat, scattered in unattractive dribbles around their bodies. Some of the most common regions for these lumps and bumps to appear are on the stomach, thighs, upper arms, hips, bottoms and even on a male 's chest. These bulges can cause an otherwise willowy figure to appear nasty.... [tags: Surgery, Plastic surgery, Liposuction, Obesity]
1006 words (2.9 pages)
- Why Did Reconstruction Become Violent? How Did Congress And The Grant Administration Curb The Violence?
- Personal Statement On Personal Identity
- Economic, Societal, And Equity Considerations
- My Brain On Sleep Deprivation
- What I Have Learned From Your Personality And My Preferences Towards The Workplace
- Suicide : The Deviant Activity Of Suicide