The internet was first launched in the United States back in the 1960’s, according to an article on who invented the internet. “The U.S department of defense were the first world’s Webmasters, they created the Advanced Research Projects Agency Network, which was used in universities and U.S military computers. By 1981, almost 200 computers were being used on the network and by 1991 (ARPANET) or Advanced Research Projects Agency Network joined all the other networks and combined to form what we all refer to today as the internet”.
For some of us the internet is the world’s greatest invention, but to others, it’s not quite the invention they would think of classifying as the world’s greatest for there are other things that better fit that criteria as the world’s greatest invention, such as things that came before the internet to name a few (fire, electricity, airplanes and computers) to these people the more basic the better with the internet came more corruption. It is only a great invention for its ability to make some things in life easier, like education, job hunting, and opportunities, working from home, growth in telecommunications and the economy and more. ...
... middle of paper ...
...feration of data being generated from these devices, and because the more the data the more the wealth the more we as consumers are exposed to these acts of piracy.
Security and privacy on the internet starts with you, it will always be something businesses, the government and consumers question. Don’t ever feel that you can’t be a victim of internet fraud, violation of privacy lack of security .no matter how much you spend on antivirus protections monthly or yearly it doesn’t stop there along with that you need to follow the steps of being safe be attentive, and very careful when you log unto a website read, don’t enter your personal information anywhere just because it asked you too, create strong passwords and try resetting them every 30 days encrypt your files be smart. And always remember the very moment you click on that internet button you become a target.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- The History of the Internet The Internet is the latest and most powerful invention that has expanded the world’s communication. It has greater effects on our civilization than any other previous inventions. It has reached every corner of the globe. It has interconnected the world and created an electronic village. Unlike any previous human inventions, the Internet is a wide common resource for all people. Anyone can say whatever he/she wants to say and this can be heard by anyone else with access to the Internet.... [tags: Technology Computer Essays]
1006 words (2.9 pages)
- In 1964, the RAND proposal was put forward. Written by Paul Baran, this proposal stated the principles of a new network which was to be built for maximum strength and flexibility. This new network would have no central authority. The principles of this network were that all the nodes would be equal in status and each could send and receive messages. All the messages would be sent in packets, each with its own address. These packets would be sent at one node and would arrive at another one. This may seem rather obvious, but what was new was that the way the packets went through the net was not important.... [tags: essays research papers]
834 words (2.4 pages)
- Graphic Design/Web Design A brief history of web design. Web design has a very young history is similar to other areas such as graphic design and computer science. Although web design is also seen as both. It has made a huge impact in people’s everyday lives. It is very difficult to see a Internet without pictures, different types of themes, and music. Since 2000 and later the web has become much more integrated into people's daily lives, There have also been significant changes in the way people view and access websites, this has changed how sites are programmed and designed.... [tags: Graphic, Clients, Marketing]
766 words (2.2 pages)
- Brief History of Apple Macintosh The first Macintosh was the 128 K released first in 1984. Macintosh was first affordable computer to include a GUI (Graphical User Interface). It was built around the Motorola 6800 chip which was significantly faster than previous processors. It came in a small case with a black and white monitor built- in. It even came with a mouse and keyboard. Big progress from the Apple I which came out in 1976 which included only the circuit board, but here's the real kicker you had to build your own case.... [tags: Business]
708 words (2 pages)
- The Evolution of the Internet So you believe Al Gore created the Internet. Well that’s not possible, because I did. Yes, it’s true, a few years ago I was sitting in my basement with nothing to do and suddenly the idea came to me: why not create an inter-connected network of networks that will allow users to send mail instantly, download copyrighted songs, and order pizza, all from the comfort of their own living room. OK, so maybe I didn’t exactly invent the Internet, but neither did Al Gore.... [tags: essays research papers]
796 words (2.3 pages)
- In the early 60’s, a group of visionaries anticipated the very idea of the Internet that shortly after the cold war, the U.S Department of Defence (DOD) began to realize the incredible potential value that shall come from a control center system that protects the flow of information between in case of nuclear attacks, by establishing a network of computers geographically distributed and sharing data. So, they funded the Advanced Research Project Agency (APRA) to start a project (Bellis, 2011). APRA proceeded with the idea as a military experiment.... [tags: Internet]
868 words (2.5 pages)
- The origins of the internet can be traced back to J.C.R. Licklider of MIT, who wrote a series of memos in August of 1962. “He envisioned a globally interconnected set of computers through which everyone could quickly access data and programs from any site.” (A Brief History of the Internet, 2000). Licklider became the first head of the computer research program at the Advanced Research Projects Agency (ARPA), where the term ARPANET came to be known. The idea behind ARPANET was to connect universities together to be able to share information between them quickly.... [tags: Pro Con Essays]
706 words (2 pages)
- The Impact of the Internet on Society The internet is a big impact on our society today. It has been around for quite some time. In fact, in 1973, the U.S. Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency initiated a research to develop communication protocols that would allow networked computers to communicate transparently across multiple, linked packet networks. In 1986, the U.S. National Science Foundation initiated the development of the NSFNET which provides a major backbone communication service for the internet.... [tags: Technology Cyberspace Essays]
691 words (2 pages)
- The Ethics in Securing the Internet Introduction In order to understand the concept of internet security and why it is necessary it would be worthy of analysis to discuss what would happen if not enough of it is provided, meaning that the levels of security are not utilized to the full extents. This is exactly where the big issue of hacking and hackers becomes involved. Hackers can benefit from a wide range of weaknesses in security, break into systems, find the information they need, and eventually change them to fulfill their desire.... [tags: Ethical Web Privacy Essays]
4463 words (12.8 pages)
- The Internet The Internet and World Wide Web are commonly used words among people today. As a college student especially, the Web and Internet play a huge part of life. What is sometimes tough to realize though is the newness of the Internet and the Web. Because the two have become such a huge part of life, it is shocking to consider that the Internet itself has only been in existence for the past thirty years or so. It is important to understand the history of the Internet and the creation of the Web to better prepare for the future of the two and to ensure that the use of the resources is maximized, focused, and beneficial to all mankind.... [tags: Technology Computers Essays]
2717 words (7.8 pages)