I asked my parents why they were willing to leave their families behind to migrate to United States and their response was, “To give you an opportunity and education that we can only dream of.” Their emphasis has always been on education. My father was originally ...
... middle of paper ...
...ademic year or what?" In the Spartan Daily, Associated Students President Shokouh said, "beginning a new chapter in [their] lives," and "only you can achieve your potential" (2003). Through all the ups and downs, which includes the campus’ budget cuts and the suspected gunman last fall occurring near the Sweeney Hall, I without a doubt still believe that San Jose State University is the school for me. While walking around San Jose State University’s campus, I was mentally checking off the list of things I was looking to write about. It came to realize that the campus has a history behind it—more than what meets the eye. The people, the groups, and the surrounding architecture made me realize all the potential San Jose State University has to give. It now holds a significant meaning to me, more than a place I am being educated at; instead it is where I now call home.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Thursday the 14th of January I went to the San Jose Museum of Art. The museum had a two story layout. The basement layout had four pieces of art work and one sculpture. One of my favorite artwork at the basement was the dollar bills display. The display clearly reminded me of the American flag. The American flag on the top left has the stars. In the case of the artwork it was the back side of the dollar bill. In the case of the American flag there is the strips of red and white. But in the artwork there was the dollar bills folded show casing the front of the dollar bill.... [tags: Left-wing politics, Political spectrum, Art]
1135 words (3.2 pages)
- Introduction The following report provides an overview of San Jose Mercury News which includes history, current economic and financial conditions, performance, competition, key issues and a firm analysis. Type of Industry San Jose Mercury News is a firm in fragmented industry with more than 20 years in ranking among the top five prints in the United States in total full run advertising linage. Historical Aspects San Jose Mercury News, located in Silicon Valley of California, was merged in 1983 from San Jose Mercury - founded in 1851 and San Jose News - founded in 1883.... [tags: Economy, Competitors, Performance, Issues]
1147 words (3.3 pages)
- Looking back at the number of homicides in the city of San Jose, CA for the year 2000 it was 20, then there was an average increase of 8 murders per year for the next 8 years. Then in 2010, despite a population increase of over one hundred thousand people, there were only 20 murders in the city of San Jose. Now in 2011, up to the month of July, there have been 26 homicides, which means based upon the current rate San Jose is on track to have more than 50 homicides in 2011, which would theoretically be over a two decade maximum.... [tags: Crime ]
1570 words (4.5 pages)
- City Team San Jose is a not-for-profit organization that offers help to those people that are suffering from poverty; addicted to drugs; and are homeless in San Jose, California (City Team San Jose, 2016). This organization provides food, shelter, clothing, and much more to these people, who are in need. City Team San Jose receives all the materials, which it distributes to the needy, as donations from supporters and well-wishers of its mission (City Team San Jose, 2016). The organization has a heritage home that supports homeless and drug-addicted pregnant women during the course of pregnancy to develop into loving mothers (Heritage Home, 2016).... [tags: Maslow's hierarchy of needs, Psychology]
943 words (2.7 pages)
- The San Jose Museum of Art is nicely decorated and furnished museum with many different types of art. I decided to start out by looking at some of the various paintings. There were many different kinds, including traditional oil paintings on canvas as well as ordinary paper. One that stood out in my mind was “Desert Restaurant” by John Register. It’s a painting of the inside of a diner sitting in the middle of an open desert. The picture gives an eerie sense of isolation. One sculpture that I remember was one by Oliver Jackson, which is untitled.... [tags: essays research papers]
408 words (1.2 pages)
- I was attending the San Jose State University: The Listening Hour on February 16, 2016 that took place in San Jose State University Concert Hall. The program was part of the San Jose State University School of Music and Dances: The Listening Hour. I had been attending a few Listening Hour in the past few weeks, but this concert, which performed by one of the best violinist, Dr. Alejandro Drago, was the best by far. I rarely attended a concert in the past, not to mention a classical music concert.... [tags: Performance, Music, Violin, Musical notation]
932 words (2.7 pages)
- As a Justice Studies Major, attending San Jose State University, I’ve been exposed to a number issues that frame around law enforcement and social behavior. The issues vary and have prepared me for a variety of careers in federal, state, and local criminal justice. As a soon to be graduate that will be receiving a Bachelor’s degree, I feel that I am walking away from this chapter of my life with a significant amount of knowledge. Throughout my academic success, I’ve gained great insight into the Criminal Justice field.... [tags: Police, Law, Crime, Criminal law]
891 words (2.5 pages)
- Damian Wyatt would always remember this day. The day when the San Jose Earthquakes chose him, a rookie, over all star Robbie Keane. As a first round pick, he had an immense amount of pressure on his shoulders. As he walked into the press room after getting drafted, the alternating blue and green tiles popped out at him. The blue tiles had the SJ logo inscribed on it while the green tiles had the MLS logo on it. All of those tiled were on the wall behind him though. As he turned around, his heart plummeted.... [tags: professional soccer teams and drafting]
910 words (2.6 pages)
- sometimes in each persons life there is a turning point, a point in time when a revelation is reaveled to you. If you cannot see this revelation sometimes your vision may be clouded over by a voice that may or may not be your own. In the novel, many people are telling san jose to stop listening tom his own voice and folow them. But he knows that is wrong. At Polemarchus' house, Socrates discusses old age with Cephalus, Polemarchus' aging father. Cephalus says that old age is really not as bad as people say it is; if you're a moderate and contented person, your virtue makes old age pleasant.... [tags: essays research papers]
375 words (1.1 pages)
- The San Jose Tech Museum of Innovation Living in the heart of Silicon Valley, technology plays a very important role in the everyday lives of the people who populate it. Large portions of this population are children. When we think of our children, we think about the future of this world. As a group, we believe that our job as a society is to introduce technology to children in an enlightening and fascinating manner. By doing this, we can inspire children to become innovators of technology and apply this to the future of technology.... [tags: Technology Tourism Galleries Essays]
3588 words (10.3 pages)