Essay PreviewMore ↓
Giorgio Armani was born in Piacenza, Italy on July 11, 1934. He was the son of Maria and Ugo Armani. He has two other siblings, a younger sister and an older brother. His younger sister’s name is Rosanna. His older brothers name is Sergio. Growing up his family wasn’t very wealthy. They were almost poor. Armani and his siblings grew up during the time of World War II. This was a very tough time for them. His family had to witness friends dying firsthand due to the bombings.
Growing up, Armani had dreams and goals just like any other child in the world. His dream was to be a doctor. He attended the University of Piacenza after he graduated high school. After two years of studying anatomy and medicine he had to do his military time. During his time in the military, he realized medicine really wasn’t an interest to him, as it was when he was a child. During this time, there was a cinema near Milan. They would still watch movies even though it was being used as a refuge. This is when fashion first grabbed his attention.
After coming back from his time in the military, Armani did not return to school. Instead, he found a job. He found a job at La Rinascente, a well-known department store in Milan. Here he was designing windows and giving the photographer a hand with any help he needed. He worked there for a while before he was hired as a designer assistant for Nino Cerruti’s. His friend Sergio Galeotti convinced him to work for other companies as well. He would help make designs for free just so he could be known. After a while he began to make his work more and more independent until one day he partnered up with his friend, Sergio, and founded his own men’s clothing line.
Giorgio Armani S.p,A, was founded in 1975. During this time his clothing line was just for men. It wasn’t until the year after that he introduced a women’s clothing line as well. Armani and Sergio didn’t have enough money to start the business so they had no choice but to sell a Volkswagen.
How to Cite this Page
"A Brief Biography of Giorgio Armani." 123HelpMe.com. 23 Feb 2020
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Giorgio Armani Giorgio Armani, one of three children, was born on July 11th, 1934 in Piacenza, Northern Italy. Even though he is an international well known designer, he grew up hoping to become a doctor. However, he quit medical after two years because he hated the sight of blood. He began his career in the fashion industry by working as a buyer for Milan's largest department store, La Rinascente. After that job, he worked as an assistant designer for Cerruti. He also worked as a freelance designer, and it was in 1974 he designed under his own name.... [tags: Papers]
1804 words (5.2 pages)
- One, two, three. The Hurricane gets the Knockout. Rubin “Hurricane” Carter was an African American boxer whose name was spoken over well-known media programming throughout the country. Rubin Carter got the nickname of “the Hurricane” because of his fierce left hook. A New Jersey promoter by the name of Jimmy Colotto gave him this nickname when he saw him box and it has stuck with him ever since (Company). He won 21 matches in his career and overcame immense racial prejudice to achieve his life-long dreams and goals.... [tags: Biography, African American Boxer, The Hurricane]
1102 words (3.1 pages)
- Fluid Dynamics is a subject that is well over 2,000 years old. Archimedes, da Vinci, Galileo and Newton are all classical forerunners of modern fluid dynamics researchers such as Bernoulli and Euler (Anderson 42). However, until the early 19th century, this subject was not well quantified; instead, textbooks were comprised of endless tables and figures demonstrating phenomena. When Daniel Bernoulli, Claude Navier and George Stokes introduced mathematics to the realm of fluid flow, new research was possible, but this work was highly theoretical and required extensive use of differential equations (Eckert 15).... [tags: Biography ]
1260 words (3.6 pages)
- Madame Marie Curie’s passion for science and physics was and is, as illuminating as the glow from the element radium she is known for discovering. Marie Curie has left a magnificent imprint on the world of science and medical advancement in several ways, through determination, passion, and wisdom. Madame Curie, with the birth name of Marie Sklodowska, known to friends and family as Manya; she was the youngest of five children, and came into this world on November 7, 1867. Marie was born in Warsaw, the Russian section of Poland, now recognized as “the Vistula territory.” “Russians were replaced by Poles in all offices.”(Giroud 8) This would have an extreme impact to how Marie and her siblings... [tags: Science, Biography]
1571 words (4.5 pages)
- Rationale: This design brief is intended to take into account the results of Heath’s VAST heuristic (relating to activities) (1989, in Elliott-Burns, 2003) and a selection of Lackney’s Design Principles (n.d.). Hennah’s (2007) concepts of traffic flow and layout will be incorporated. The design will also consider the requirements of integrating a guided inquiry pedagogy. The users of the space will also be given the opportunity to take part in the process. Heath’s VAST heuristic offers a “rich alternative” (p7, 1989, as cited in Elliott-Burns, 2005) to a checklist approach to designing and can be used to evaluate a learning space and lead to the design of a new one.... [tags: Design Brief]
2158 words (6.2 pages)
- Brief Biography of John Steinbeck John Steinbeck lead a life filled with words, from his award winning novels to the hundreds letters he wrote to friends during his career. He was born in Salinas, California on February 27, 1902, and lived there for the first sixteen years of his life until he graduated from Salinas High School in 1918. He took classes at Stanford, but spent more of his college years working to pay tuition than then he spent in the classroom. 1924 brought his first publication, two short stories in the Standford Spectator, but in 1925 he left his schooling and went to New York for a time.... [tags: John Steinbeck Writers American Literature Essays]
3583 words (10.2 pages)
- Mother Teresa was one of the most renowned humanitarians of her time. She dedicated her life to other people never to herself. She had many missions throughout her lifetime and was well known throughout the world. Mother Teresa was a kind-hearted woman whose quest was to make this world a better place. Mother Teresa’s birthcity was Skopje in Macedonia and she was born on August 26, 1910. On August 27 1910 she was baptized by the name of Agnes Gonxha Bojazhiu, a name given by her parents (Mother Teresa, Biography ).... [tags: renowned humanitarians of the XX century]
729 words (2.1 pages)
- The legacy of Thomas Jefferson is alive today. He strove for liberty and justice for mankind. His early years shaped him into one of the leading minds of colonial America. His story is one of a self-made man, and proves what dedication and the thirst for knowledge and truth can lead to. Thomas Jefferson was a major force in the founding of the United States of America. Thomas Jefferson was born on April 13, 1743 at Shawdell to Peter and Jane Randolph Jefferson. (Bernstein 1-2) He was one of six children, with two older sisters, two younger sisters, and a younger brother.... [tags: Biography]
1069 words (3.1 pages)
- The Pelican Brief, an irresistible story that begins with the simultaneous assassinations of two Supreme Court Judges. One October night one of the liberal Judges, A. Rosenberg, is shot in the head while sleeping in his Georgetown home. Two hours later G. Jensen, the Court's youngest and most conservative judge, is strangled, possibly by the same assassin. America is in shock, the F.B.I. has no clues. Darby Shaw is a brilliant law student at Tulane University in New Orleans when she heard about the two murders.... [tags: Pelican Brief John Grisham Book Review]
1453 words (4.2 pages)
- Also know as the Man of the Eight Beattitudes, Pier Giorgio Frassati was born in Turin, Italy on Holy Saturday, April 6, 1901. He was born to a wealthy and politically active family. His mother was the painter Adelaide Ametis. His father was an agnostic, and was also the founder of the liberal newspaper called La Stampa. His father was also Italy’s ambassador to Germany and served a term as a senator. Although Frassati was born into a wealthy family, his father did not waste his money on frivolous things.... [tags: essays research papers]
427 words (1.2 pages)
Everyone wanted to wear Armani’s clothing, they were able to grow and open up stores in Milan. Sadly in 1985 his business partner and friend passed away due to AIDS. After this, a lot of people though the business would surely crumble. This inspired Armani more than ever. He wanted to prove everyone wrong and show him he could be an executive just like he could be a designer. Sure enough he proved everyone wrong. In 1989 he opened his first restaurant. He had more that 2,000 stores around the world by 2000 with sales of $2 billion a year. The demand grew along with his company. He offered home goods and published books. He opened his first hotel in 2010 and is expected to open another one soon. Even though his company is huge Armani continues to work hard. He doesn’t let his success get to him. He hasn’t forgot where he came from. He has his sister and two of his nieces working in his empire with him. Armani has never settled down and had children. He has been with both men and women but on an interview he said he preferred men.
So you can see, Giorgio Armani started off with nothing but a dream and with hard work he has created an enormous company. Doing research on Armani really inspired me because he started off poor and he worked hard and went through a lot to get where he is today. He is known all around the world and has had many awards.