Essay PreviewMore ↓
Bill dropped out of school because he knew were his heart and dedication was. It was to work on computer software and start a company. Bill did end up forming Microsoft Software with his friend Paul Allen. They both became computer genesis and great computer programmers. The company “Microsoft” started to expand more and more. It was a high selling product, by the features and how it worked all together.
Bill and Paul’s relationship ended little sooner because Paul was diagnosed with a disease called Hodgkin’s. It was a disease that causes enlargements of the lymph nodes, liver and spleen. This lead to Bill being solo at his Microsoft company. Years passed and the company was earning a lot of money that same year due to the great sales. Bill brought the product Microsoft Windows for one of the highest operating systems in the world. Microsoft Windows also became one of the most advanced software. When Bill Gates turned thirty one, he became a billionaire having his own forty five percent stock. When Bill Gates was in school he mention to his teachers in college that he was going to become a millionaire by age thirty.
Bill Gates later in life married a woman named Melinda French and has three children together. Melinda was a big support to Bill to accomplish his long-term dream to start a foundation to help the poor and the needy. They both started the Melinda and Gates foundation. It has established more than thirty five billion dollars. With all this charity work they did, Bill and Melinda went to a Chicago elementary school to announce grants.
How to Cite this Page
"A Brief Biography of Bill Gates." 123HelpMe.com. 18 Jul 2019
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Introduction to Bill Gates Bill Gates was born on October 28th, 1995 in Seattle, Washington. He attended Harvard University in the years 1973-1975. Gates has a family of his own; he is married to Melinda French and they have three children together. William Henry Gates II who is an attorney and Mary Maxwell who is a teacher are the parents of Bill Gates. In 1975 he cofounded the Microsoft Corporation, built his software company into one of the most successful businesses in the world, and established himself in the process as one of the world’s wealthiest men.... [tags: multibillionaires that changed the world]
1896 words (5.4 pages)
- Bill Gates was born on October 28, 1955 in Seattle, Washington. His full name is William Henry Bill Gates. Bill was known for his for inspiration and success. Through out his life he had different things going on. Bill Gates family is known for high quality wealth. Bill showed his brilliance earlier in life, so his mother and father put him in a private school in Seattle. He would spend hours in the computer room at the high school because he loved it. After the years have passed, he was getting good at computers and loved them.... [tags: Microsoft creator, famous billionaires]
519 words (1.5 pages)
- When people think of a hero they think of Superman, Batman, or Spiderman, but what they should think of are people that make difference. Bill Gates has made a huge difference in today’s world; he is an extremely successful entrepreneur, an active philanthropist, and a very motivated person in general. With this motivation he has and will accomplish anything he puts his mind to. He was CEO of Microsoft and became the richest man in the world. He also created one of the most credible and generous charitable organization in the world.... [tags: Biography, Bill Gates]
1372 words (3.9 pages)
- What is a hero. Do they put the bad guys in jail and make the community a better place. There are many ways to define what a hero is and who is worthy to be called a hero. Bill Gates is an international hero. Son of a successful lawyer, and whose mother was a businesswoman, expectations for Bill were surely high. Since the age of 13 he created several programs some that included hacking his school’s computer system, and some for his school, which included one that was able to collect every teacher’s attendance.... [tags: Bill Gates, Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation]
1091 words (3.1 pages)
- The American dream to many is the social climb of classes and accumulation of wealth. For some it is just maybe getting their dream job or getting into their number one college. Everyone has dreams of what they want to be or do when they are older. Many have no clue if they are making the right decision, but some are so determined that nothing could get into their way. Some people just have dreams of doing something they enjoy but never really imagine it going that far. All major companies started off as ideas that someone had and decided to make it into a reality.... [tags: Bill Gates, Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation]
1683 words (4.8 pages)
- In the United States, public schools have financial difficulties. They are also impacted by reducing enrolments and cuts in local, state and federal funding, which the result is eliminating the programs such as music, art, and physical education. Therefore, some corporation and individual donors start to help the public schools to prevent them shutting down. Bill and Melinda Gates, Eli Broad, and Walter Annenberg are the funders which donate millions of dollars to the public school in order to improve public education.... [tags: Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, Bill Gates]
1687 words (4.8 pages)
- Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation – A Tradition of Giving Both the Gates and French families instilled the values of volunteerism and civic engagement. Our families believed that if life happens to bless you, you should use those gifts as well and as wisely as you can. ¬– Bill and Melinda Gates In 2000, the founder of Microsoft, Bill Gates, and his wife, Melinda French Gates, founded the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation also known as the Gates Foundation. The Gates Foundation has a diverse global presence with its headquarters in Seattle, Washington and other offices in India, China, Europe, Middle East, and several regions in Africa (Foundation fact sheet, 2015, para.... [tags: Bill Gates, Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation]
1114 words (3.2 pages)
- Bill Gates Leader Report My favorite leader is William Henry Gates III, or Bill Gates to most people. Bill Gates is a computer engineer and world-class entrepreneur. He founded Microsoft Corporation in 1975 with a high school friend named Paul Allen. The leadership role that he serves is chairman and chief software architect of Microsoft Corporation. Up until 1998, Gates was CEO of the company, but he relieved himself of those duties, and currently is only a software architect and serves on the Microsoft committee.... [tags: Bill Gates]
1327 words (3.8 pages)
- Bill Gates William Henry Gates, also known as “Bill”, has established himself as the richest man in the world. He is the youngest self made billionaire, and perhaps the best businessman in the world. As you read along, you will learn what Bill Gates’ accomplishments were, what his beliefs were, and why this topic is so important. Bill Gates is important because not only did he change the computer technology in America, he also became the biggest, strongest, richest and the most powerful company in the world.... [tags: Biography Biographies Gates Essays]
857 words (2.4 pages)
- Bill Gates Bill Gates, cofounder of the Microsoft corporation, holds 30.7 percent of its stock making him one of the richest people in the United States. He was the marketing and sales strategist behind many of Microsoft's software deals. Their software became the industry standard in the early 1980s and has just increased in distribution as the company has grown, so much that the Federal government is suggesting that Microsoft has violated Sherman and Clayton antitrust acts. Bill Gates' first interest in computers began at Lakeside, a private school in Seattle that Gates attended.... [tags: William H. Gates III Biography Essays]
1642 words (4.7 pages)
Bill was never a man to be selfish about his money. He had said that he would give his thirty billion dollar fortune to charity, rather then leaving it for his children. Bill mentioned to the world, “We want to give back to society in the way that it will have the most positive impact” Bill is the chairman at Microsoft, but mostly spend him time and loyalty to the foundation and charity.
I personally think that Bill was such a great man and a hard worker. He believes in everyone if you’re smart and know how to apply it, you can achieve anything you want to do. Bill was always the type of man to be ambitious, intelligent and competitive. My opinion about Bill Gates will have to be that he was always a man of his words and inspired so many people out there. Even though some of things he did were risk taking he still did it anyway. No matter the situation Bill was never selfish with the billions of dollars he would get. I look at him as a hero and a goddess. I say this because he never forgot about others that needed help in there life. He gave his hand as much as he could and a lot of people are thankful for such a wonderful m an as him. Sad part is he is not here with us anymore but his fame grew threw out the years.