Born on his father’s farm in Greenfield Township, which is known today as Dearborn, Michigan on July 30th in 1893, Ford grew up helping his father work on his farm. Ford would have worked as a farmer his whole life just as his father did if it were not for his interest and fascination in machines. He followed his dreams and started working as an apprentice at the Michigan Car Company in Detroit in his young adult years. This machine shop built and sold railroad cars which...
... middle of paper ...
...on. He established numerous schools all over America to ensure that children were properly educated on technological advancements and were able to learn by doing hands on activities. He wanted kids to be able to learn by trial-and-error just as he did, teaching them to never give up no matter how many tries it takes. These schools would allow children to use imagination and creativity which America needed more of.
Without Ford’s determination and willingness, America would not be the way it is today. Henry Ford impacted the American society so greatly that it remains forever changed. To this day people all over the world use cars daily. And although Ford was not the first person to invent the car or the assembly line, he improved them to a great extent
"The Life of Henry Ford." The Life of Henry Ford. Take It Forward, 2013. Web. 18 Feb. 2014.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Henry Ford Henry Ford was born on July 30, 1863, near Dearborn, Michigan. Henry Ford create the Model T car in 1908 and went on to develop the assembly line mode of production, which transformed the industry. As a result, Ford sold millions of cars and became a famous company (http://www.biography.com/people/henry-ford-9298747). When Henry Ford was young, he was born on his family’s farm in Wayne County, near Dearborn, Michigan. When he was twelve, his mother died during childbirth. Then for the rest of his life, he tried to live his life as he believed his mother would have wanted.... [tags: engines, assembly lines, production]
767 words (2.2 pages)
- ... The first machine he made was a self-propelled vehicle that ran on gasoline but had one seat and could not be big enough for a family. He wanted to find a way so that he can have a vehicle that can be big enough for a family and be efficient enough to be affordable for an average family to purchase. "He thought about the middle class families instead of the rich families who use motor vechiles as a luxury" (Brinkley). Henry Ford redesigned his first design of his self-propelled vehicle by making it much bigger and adding a bigger engine to the car.... [tags: car model, design, legacy]
894 words (2.6 pages)
- Henry Ford "It is doubtful if any mechanical invention in the history of the world has influenced in the same length of time the lives of so many people in an important way as the motor car." So writes an American historian, thinking of the automobile alone. But it does not stand-alone. It was the automobile factory that introduced mass production, a process that has changed the lineaments of our economic and social life more profoundly than any other single element in the recent history of civilization.... [tags: History Biography Henry Ford Essays]
2306 words (6.6 pages)
- Henry Ford Born July 30, 1863 in Dearborn, Michigan, Henry Ford was the first child of William and Mary Ford. As a young man he became an excellent self-taught mechanic and machinist. At age 16 he left the farm and went to nearby Detroit, a city that was becoming an industrial giant. There he worked as an apprentice at a machine shop, while months later he would begin work with steam engines at the Detroit Dry Dock Co., where he first saw the internal combustion engine, the kind of engine he would later use to make his automobiles.... [tags: essays research papers]
500 words (1.4 pages)
- Henry Ford was one of the first American industrialists. He is best known for his revolutionary achievements in the automobile industry, and his inventions are still marveled in the modern world today. Henry Ford grew up on a small farm near Dearborn, Michigan. It was here Henry Ford was born, on July 30, 1863. He went to local district schools like the rest of the children from his town, and he excelled in most subjects. As Henry grew up, he spent most of his free time tinkering, and finding out exactly how things work.... [tags: biography, automobile, research paper]
1649 words (4.7 pages)
- Life and Achievements of Henry Ford Henry Ford was born in Dearborn, Michigan, on July 30, 1863. He died on April 7, 1947, in Dearborn. He started his career in production at the age of 16 as a machinist’s apprentice. He then began his career as a mechanical engineer with the Edison Illuminating Company in 1888 and worked there until 1899. He founded the Ford Motor Company in 1903. He produced his first car, the Quadricycle, in 1896. He had developed this car in his spare time. He finally adopted a production method that would be used forever after its introduction.... [tags: Biography]
379 words (1.1 pages)
- Henry Ford revolutionized the American automotive industry and forever changed transportation. Born on the morning of July 30, 1863 in a patch of Michigan woods, Henry Ford matured into the founder of the Ford Motor Co. that made the Ford name famous. The Ford Motor Co. would develop American automotive icons that continue to make a lasting impression. Henry's ancestors came to Michigan from Ireland in hope of a new life in a New World. His parents, William and Mary found success in America, unfortunately Mary died a tragic death after complications of the birth of her eighth child (Lacey 11).... [tags: Automobile automotive industry biography]
2052 words (5.9 pages)
- There is one thing that people use every without it you couldn’t get where you want to go unless you walked. What I’m talking about is a car or truck a good car or truck that means that I’m talking about a Ford. The man that made the Ford was Henry Ford. Henry Ford impacted society through technology and innovation. Henry was born on July 30,1863 in Wayne County near Dearborn Michigan. Ford was a farmer at his dad’s farm he left farming at 16 to work as an apprentice in Detroit Machine shop. Henry Ford developed his plans for the first horseless carriage it was going good so far.... [tags: cars, business, assembly line]
568 words (1.6 pages)
- The Ford Motor Company led what has been called a revolution. Henry Ford restructured everything from the salaries of employees to the work ethic they demonstrated. He did numerous things that were considered absurd and unrealistic at the time. This included the introduction of the $5.00 work day, and with this the desire to control his workers lives. In a way he did this for the better of the workers and the better of the company. The $5.00 per day rate was not as dumb as people perceived it to be.... [tags: essays research papers]
753 words (2.2 pages)
- When Henry Ford was born on June 30th, 1863, neither him nor anyone for that matter, knew what an important role he would take in the future of mankind. Ford saw his first car when he was 12. He and his father where riding into Detroit at the time. At that moment, he knew what he wanted to do with his life: he wanted to make a difference in the automobile industry. Through out his life, he achieved this in an extraordinary way. That is why he will always be remembered in everyone’s heart. Whenever you drive down the road in your car, you can thank all of it to Henry Ford.... [tags: Henry Ford Essays]
1891 words (5.4 pages)