... middle of paper ...
...ective of whatever is true. The things he tries to show in his films are real world sin and sorrow. A film does not need to have every single one of these traits. He is not opposed to having the other traits in films, but he says that not all of them are needed. Only when none of these traits are present is when you start to have a problem. I would agree with Scott with this opinion. I feel that to be taken seriously as a film-maker and director, you need to understand the medium before you try to send a message with it. I hope to use the gifts of creativity and storytelling to help spread the word through my example. Rather than trying to beat the audience over the head with the Bible. People go to films to be entertained first, and if you can capture the audience’s attention with a great story, then they will be more open to hearing what you have to say as person.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- ... 3:14], the Church in China, and in other countries where the Church is suffering persecution, is vital and alive. There, the people are willingly giving their lives away for the Gospel - enduring beatings and hardships, imprisonments and poverty. The Church in these places is more like the Church in Smyrna [Rev 2:8], where believers suffered and died for the faith. It is surely unjust to class them with the Laodicean church. What is true that during every age, the Seven Churches provide examples and warnings to the Body of Christ as types of faithfulness and failure.... [tags: dispensational theology, god]
712 words (2 pages)
- Spiritual direction is defined as “help that is given to another to enable him to become himself in his faith” (Davis, 266). It is an adolescent religious education model that encourages an ongoing relationship between the mentor and adolescent; involving one-on-one meetings where discussion centers on issues which are affecting the adolescent’s life in hopes to see how God may be present and working in them. Spiritual direction addresses the major concerns in each individual adolescent's life. Through this educational model, adolescents wrestle with relevant spiritual questions which may lead him or her to discern presence of God in his or her life (Davis, 268).... [tags: spiritual direction, religiousness]
1324 words (3.8 pages)
- The area of Spiritual gifts is one which holds great interest for me. The thought that the different areas of effectiveness and skills are from God is interesting. I grew up with the teaching that we had God given abilities but never equated these with "spiritual gifts". They were just skill that we had been born with. I felt that our genetics and social conditioning had as much to do with these "gifts" as the Holy spirit did. Since there are non-Christians who exhibit these same abilities and gifts and when I was not a Christian I still had the desire to encourage others (encouragement is my spiritual gift).... [tags: Christian Spiritual Gifts]
1601 words (4.6 pages)
- before he addressed the issue, he addressed the issue of God. All things begin with him, and to start anywhere else seems shallow. The Nature of Spiritual Gifts In light of that, the nature of spiritual gifts is first and foremost wrapped up in the nature of God. Forgive this author for being creative at this point, but to help the reader, the imagery might be that of a great symphony. God the Father is the great composer, orchestrating from eternity the notes to be played. The Son is the conductor, standing before the church as her “pioneer and perfecter of our faith” (Hebrews 12:2), modeling for the church what it means to be truly human by teaching her from the heart of a servant.... [tags: God, New Testament, Christianity]
722 words (2.1 pages)
- Many churches today argue on the continuity or temporariness of the spiritual gifts. In this paper, the writer will focus on the spiritual gift of tongue should it fall under the permanent gift or not. For clarity, the author is defining some important Greek terms as follows: charismata, pneumatika, merismos, and energemata. Due to the complexity of the Greek language, the writer will try her best to provide the best definition(s) of each of these terms through various sources. For instance, charismata is one of the most often terms associated with the topic spiritual gifts.... [tags: Theology, Religious Studies]
1840 words (5.3 pages)
- Diverse Manifestations, but Only One Purpose While each aspect of the spiritual gifts (gifts, ministries, and results) might have a different source (the Spirit, the Lord, and God), Paul doesn’t want the Corinthians “to understand each gift to involve a separate intent. A surprising word for spiritual gifts is found in verse seven: a gift is a ‘manifestation’ (φανέρωσις). This word signals another aspect of spiritual gifts, the element of display.” God has always sought to make himself known, and in this case, the church through “individual Christians are intended to demonstrate that they have the Spirit of God within them.” T.... [tags: Jesus, God, Holy Spirit, Trinity]
1225 words (3.5 pages)
- Whenever I first laid eyes on the title of this inventory saying “Congratulations, You’re gifted” I was sure that this would be an exciting. Any test that can tell me how gifted I am in fifteen minutes or less is my kind of test. I learned from taking this test that I seem to be inclined in the process of teaching others and lending another a warm bed, but I tend to fall short in the area of prayer and don’t even get me started on miracles. The gift that is on the top of my list by a towering eleven points is “Teaching”.... [tags: Spirituality, Prayer, Gift, Bible]
1174 words (3.4 pages)
- When the church was first formed, after Christ’s ascension, spiritual gifts were alive and active in the church. In the New Testament (primarily in the Pauline Epistles), many gifts are listed; however, it should be noted that not all gifts are listed in Scripture. Paul does not mention all of the gifts that a believer can have, but of the ones he does give, many have caused division and separations between denominations and groups of believers. From these various splits arise three primary groups of believers: Cessationalists, Charismatics, and those in between the two.... [tags: New Testament, Church, Christ's ascension]
2026 words (5.8 pages)
- many verses depicting spiritual gifts. These “operations” or “effects” (ἐνεργημάτων), focus upon the miraculous things wrought wherever spiritual gifts are operative. Such “energizings” are clearly supernatural. Divine power at work, a power demonstrating its presence in such things as removal of mountains through the gift of faith (13:2). Along with implying this additional aspect of spiritual gifts, Paul reinforces his argument for unity a third time. This he does by reference to God the Father, a singular person in contrast to the “different results.” One and the same God stands behind all the effects, and surely he is not in conflict with himself.... [tags: Holy Spirit, Jesus, God, Christianity]
1228 words (3.5 pages)
- THE RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN SPIRITUAL GIFTS, TALENTS, AND TRAINING There is a relationship between spiritual gifts, talents, and training for leadership. It is imperative to know what each one means and that will give one a better understanding of how the 3 relate to each other. Leadership is very demanding and many leaders have not been properly trained for the position they occupy. Because Christians have been put into a position without training, many people lead others without having any hands-on knowledge.... [tags: Holy Spirit, Christianity]
1027 words (2.9 pages)