In the summer when school was out my older brother, younger sister and I would stay at home. We lived on Sheridan so we would always go sit on the porch and watch the cars go by. One day the house next door to us was bought, my brother and I watched as the new neighbors moved all of their belongings into the house. There was a mom, a dad, a little boy and four girls. Two of the girls looked like my brothers age, one looked my age and the other girl and boy was younger.
Throughout the summer when their family was outside playing my brother would always talk over the fence to the girls. One day one of the girls asked me if I wanted to go over and play; Her name was Deanna and she was my age. I was so excited. Deanna had initiated the conversation and friendship the day she invited me over. As the summer finished and we were getting ready to go back to school I went over their house a few more times, we would always play kickball or softball.
When school started I was really the only person Deanna knew, we did not have any classes together but I would invite her to play with my friends and I at recess. Since she lived next door we would walk home together. This is when our relationship really started to experimentation; we would talk about several of things from our likes and dislike or about school or where Deanna’s family was from. One day on our way home Deanna invited me over to hang out longer after school. I had never been inside Deanna’s house so I had to ask my mom, she said yes! I was so excited Deanna and I were becoming very...
... middle of paper ...
...lk a few times a year mostly for our birthdays. In the article The way of Forgiveness: How to Heal Life’s Hurts and Restore Broken Relationships, St. Anthony Messenger talks about forgiveness and how hard it is for someone to forgive someone. He states that people are never taught how to forgive and this may be a reason it is so hard to forgive. I have now grown up and have no hard feelings towards Deanna but I am still the same. I do not like house parties. I do not like to go to clubs or drink. I prefer to stay home and be with my family. I do not have any kids. We live totally different lives. I will always consider Deanna my best friend but our friendship has changed it will never be like it use to when we were kids growing up. I feel guilty for not trying harder to keep our friendship closer. I feel like I truly missed out on some good years with my best friend.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- During this experience I went to the child’s house. My mom’s best friend is a special education teacher so she had me meet with one of her students, that is also her neighbor. The parent asked to me disclose the child’s name so I am going to use her initials, MT. MT is a 12-year-old girl with down syndrome. MT is a seventh grader in Lemont, Illinois. When I went to Lemont, I spent about two and a half hours at their home. While at MT’s home we played multiple games of Uno, it is her favorite game.... [tags: Play, Game, Special education]
767 words (2.2 pages)
- Have you ever had that one special friend that you knew would be there for you through thick and thin. That special friend, who can read your thoughts, finish your sentences, and make you smile when you are feeling blue. A friend is someone who is honest and you can trust. A friend is someone who you hang out with, and someone you rely on. Friendship is being there for someone when they need you. That person for me is my best friend Katrina. She is the kindest, sweetest person I have ever known.... [tags: friendship essay, my best friend]
600 words (1.7 pages)
- Being married to somebody that a person loves is such a magnificent thing to admire. Having a person by your side that is your best friend really helps improve a person’s health. Having a significant other make their best friend happy, excited, feel supported, and other emotions that a person cannot describe or put into words. When a person knows their significant other really well, the individual can detect when they do not feel well or when they are having a long, emotional day. The significant other will be supportive and attempt to boost their best friend’s confidence and tell them that everything will turn out well and will improve with time.... [tags: Family, Marriage, Love, Kinship]
1120 words (3.2 pages)
- The Friend Pyramid Everyone has friends, and most people have more friends than family members. Friends are essential because friends offer support and advice. When someone has a problem, normally, he or she will discuss the problem with friends; rather than with a family member. Thanks to social network people have more friends than before, so since people have more friends than before there are plenty of different types of friends. Some of the newer types of friends are known as internet friends, and text buddies.... [tags: Friendship, Interpersonal relationship, Sociology]
714 words (2 pages)
- Ben Williams, author of numerous award-winning novels once said, “ There is no psychiatrist in the world like a puppy licking your face.” It is no secret that dogs bring healing and love to us when we need comfort. They bring us protection when we need protecting. But most importantly, dogs bring us loyalty and they are always there for us. People of all ages can and do change when they gain a new four legged friend to journey through life with. Animals are miracle workers that can change a person's emotional and physical status for the better when there is no hope for life to get better.... [tags: man's best friend, dogs]
1952 words (5.6 pages)
- Growing up, I never thought much about love or what it even really meant. I was raised to believe that it was only “normal” to be attracted to women and that one day, I will live with one and become married to her. Many of my peers from elementary school or the neighborhood would express their negative feelings towards same sex couples, though I never thought much of it. It didn’t affect me until the age of 14, when one of my closest friends, Cobia, openly admitted to me that he liked a boy in his Spanish class.... [tags: Homosexuality, LGBT, Same-sex marriage]
1822 words (5.2 pages)
- Let go and examine what is the “true friend” means. According to dictionary, synonym for “true” is real, exact, and right. “Friend” is a personal relationship between two people or more. Moreover, true friend is a person who has close meaning to best friend or good friend; however, a true friend is more meaningful than good or best friend. That person seems to be special and hard to find. A true friend also does things for us without wishing to get anything back in return. This special person is also influence our heart and mind.... [tags: Friendship, Interpersonal relationship]
1108 words (3.2 pages)
- The movie begins by Ricky and her best friend having a conversation about how ‘guys only want to get inside girls’ pants’. Ricky made a remark stating that she should maybe date girls and her reason for that is because she is just not interested on sex, she actually wants to find love and get married to someone special and she feels that is attainable by dating girls. That informs the audience that Ricky’s “pattern of sexual and emotional attraction is based on the gender of one’s potential partner” (Perspectives on Human Sexuality.... [tags: Transgender, Sexual orientation, Homosexuality]
1727 words (4.9 pages)
- MY SPECIAL PERSON “When I entered the classroom, for the very last time, I looked around at every little detail, many of which I’d probably ignored, for the past four years. Birds were singing in a synchronised melody as they flew past our classroom window. There was the natural aroma of fresh coffee coming from the teacher’s lounge next door. My classmates were sitting at their usual desk waiting for the first lesson to begin. But something was different today, something wasn’t right. And as I entered the classroom it hit me, like an unseen rocket headed to my heart… … The silence.... [tags: essays research papers]
538 words (1.5 pages)
- The Impact of ICT on a Person with Special Needs [IMAGE] Andrea is 11 years old and is in Year 6 of St. Francis R.C Primary School in the south east of London, Peckham. She likes to go swimming, play with her dog and have friends over. She been in four plays and has even received two standing ovations. She has travelled abroad to many places such as Italy, France, Belgium and Germany, next summer she hopes to go to Scotland. Like most children her age, she is interested in many things and can do a lot of things, but the difference between them and her, is that Andrea can't walk, she has spina bifida and uses a wheelchair to get around.... [tags: ICT System Essays]
764 words (2.2 pages)