It was one of those days where you’re glad to be awake early in the morning, before the afternoon gets scorching hot. The feeling of the cool breeze gently caressing your arms and legs is always something to look forward to, and many people would be swayed into taking a nice walk outside under the trees.
I was one of those people. Seeing that the weather was very agreeable today, I decided to get ready early and stroll around before going to school. After taking a small bite, I dashed outside of the house, ready to greet the rare-but-wonderful morning.
Unknowingly, it would become one of those days where I would regret ever going outside that house, no matter how good the day was.
I wandered around the path near the lake because it was always peaceful and quiet there in the morning and the trees that hung over the wide walkway only drew me in more. The cool wind blew continuously, and some of the leaves that barely hung on to the branches were pulled along with it. They floated while dropping slowly, and one of the leaves chose my head as a landing spot. I brushed my hair with my hand, not caring if doing so messes up my hair, since the wind already accomplished that job the second I took a step outside my house.
After enjoying the scenery at the lake, I looked at my watch which displayed ‘7:30’ before deciding that it was time to go since the lake was a bit far from my school—Midori Gakuen.
I arrived ten minutes ...
... middle of paper ...
...lked home with Takuya, since not only were we childhood friends and best friends, we were also neighbors.
“The classes were really boring; don’t you think so, too?” Takuya complained.
“Don’t go asking me things like that when we’re still around the school,” I said in a hushed whisper. “Of course not,” I said louder, in case anyone was listening. “I don’t understand why you would ever say that, Takuya.” He could only laugh at my remark.
When we turned around a corner, he said, “You really care about you image, don’t you?”
“Of course! You’ve known me for years! Since when did I care about anything else?”
“I don’t know,” he replied like it was obvious. He walked far ahead of me then turned around. “All I know is that the ‘you’ I met before, liked to put glue on the teacher’s chair before class... Bye!” With that, he ran until he disappeared from my sight.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Carter trudged down the hallway, feeling quite lethargic despite the buzz of energy surrounding him. When he got to where, he could see his locker, he smiled a bit. Leaning up against it holding a large coffee was his girlfriend Lily. She always knew what he needed each day, whether it be a warm comforting hug, something for breakfast on the days he forgot it or like today, a nice mug of coffee. Though they took frequent hiatuses, mostly caused by the jealous accusations of Lily’s best friend Niya.... [tags: short story]
542 words (1.5 pages)
- “I am having a terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day,” Alexander continuously reiterates throughout the classic children’s book Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day. The author, Judith Viorst, presents a particularly awful day in the life of a child named Alexander. The moment Alexander wakes up with gum in his hair, he presumes that it is going to be a terrible day. The story continues with Alexander tripping on his skateboard, losing his best friend, and singing too loud at school.... [tags: Judith Viorst]
1063 words (3 pages)
- When humans usually listen to music, it’s because they like the artist, song or genre. When I listen to music it’s simply because of the beat. The bass drums, melody, and the clever metaphors used is what makes listening so worthwhile. I feel I am one of the few people who doesn’t have a genre of choice. I’ll listen to anything, if I can either relate to it or the song has a nice beat behind it. The music I listen to helps me sort things out in life. My life hasn’t been easy. I’ve had all types of issues from school, to relationships, family or finances.... [tags: Want, Need, WANT, 2008 singles]
991 words (2.8 pages)
- One of the major reasons why I procrastinate, is that I never have the motivation to get up and start doing work. This may be because of lack of sleep or not eating healthy food but in general it is because I just don’t have enough energy. Thinking about all the work I have to do, makes me think that I am not ready yet to put myself through several hours of torture. Having a bad day will also lower down my motivation level and cause me to procrastinate so that I can just relax. Doing work, especially if it’s a course I don’t enjoy can make me feel stressed.... [tags: Motivation, Thought, Critical thinking, Mind]
1216 words (3.5 pages)
- It was a Sunday just like any other. Little did I know that this would be the worst day of my life. It was my dad’s week to have my sister (10) and I (14). It was 10:00 a.m. and we were all getting ready for my little sister Brittany’s soccer game. Brittany and I where down stairs eating our cereal while my dad was up stairs taking a shower. He had been up there for about a hour and we where going to be late to Britt’s game, so I went up stairs to see what was taking so long. I knocked on the bathroom door and there was no answer.... [tags: Personal Experience]
1592 words (4.5 pages)
- If you have a bad day at work or school, you will most likely need to a way to shrug it off before you go back. People have different ways of doing this, whether it’s a night partying and dancing with your girlfriends or an early morning workout session with the guys. However you blow off steam, you usually grab some friends to help you out. They can be there to listen and offer suggestions or help you find healthy ways to release your aggression. This can be tricky, because different people need different things.... [tags: Friendship, Interpersonal relationship]
1674 words (4.8 pages)
- The coffee pot alarm went off, telling Marcus it is time to get up and his coffee is ready. “Its already nine. I’m going be late!” Marcus yelled to himself. He threw on a base layer of clothing and grabbed his snowboard gear along with his snowboard. Once he opened up the door to rush outside a cold breeze nearly froze him in place. As he shivered, he ran over to his pickup truck and tossed his gear in the back bed. Rubbing his own arms he could feel goose bumps up and down his cold skin. He ran inside only to grab a cup off coffee, and then left the house hastily.... [tags: coffee, bad, day, gear, sleep]
959 words (2.7 pages)
- Bad Day I work with a lot of foreigners from all around the globe. Sometimes it becomes very difficult to explain things thoroughly without there being some kind of miscommunication which can be very frustrating. On this particular day there was a lot of miscommunication going on. A fellow worker of mine, who is a very nice Ethiopian woman, went into a patient room so I could pass her pills to her. We both approached the room laughing and joking as we always do. I gave the patient her pills and stood there while she asked the patient if she wanted a shower since it was her shower day.... [tags: essays research papers]
736 words (2.1 pages)
- That we can learn a lot about a man from the books and films he chooses is borne out by Timothy McVeigh. One of his favorite films: the 1984 Patrick Swayze epic Red Dawn. It follows a group of small town teens' conversion to guerilla fighters when a foreign army invades America. Like McVeigh, the teens stock up on survival gear - mainly guns and ammo - in order to defend their country from annihilation. And one of McVeigh's favorite books: The Turner Diaries written by former American Nazi Party honcho William L.... [tags: essays research papers]
835 words (2.4 pages)
- I was born in a country that is mostly populated with poor people. I lived in a area where my sorrounding was blocked by concrete buildings. It happened when I was only seven years old. I was living in a community where everyone knew each others. I started my day waking up late from my bed. I thought I was getting late for my school, but as soon as I woke up, I heard some of my local friends playing outside. I looked up at the clock and it was one thirty p.m. I asked my mom, "what day is it?" and she said, "its friday." Friday is the country's national holiday, so for me that means no school, no study.... [tags: essays research papers]
1093 words (3.1 pages)
- One Man Making a Difference: Abraham Lincoln and Slavery
- Rights and Freedom Safeguarded in the American Constitution
- Othello Reflects the Context and Values of its Time
- Vampires Manifest Fear, Which Shapes How Society Responds to Vampires
- Hysteria of Life in "The Crucible"
- Creation Described in Pied Beauty and A Birthday