I outright love this film. It’s a perfect blend of Apatow’s fluffy romantic-comedy, with Amy Schumer’s raunchy and reactionary sense of humor. I don’t laugh aloud in films often, it’s just not something I’m comfortable doing, but I actually laughed out loud a lot in this film. The type of humor that appeals to me is situational humor, and that’s what the vast majority of this film is comprised of. I understand how that can get under a person’s skin, the idea of a film going from scene to scene and basically banking off of the reactions of its leads can become a bit exhausting. ‘Trainwreck’ blends the heavier dramatic moments well enough with the breezy comedic moments to create a perfect balance that gives way to a steady and fluid film. That said, the film does begin to grow stale around the final act, as is customary for an Apatow film.
For some odd reason, Apatow hasn’t understood where to cut his films, and that leads many of them to feel dragged out and dead by the time the end credits finally come around. Though this film has a great energy to it for the first few acts, that kind ...
... middle of paper ...
...’ve gotten a truly heartfelt comedy like this. Often we get comedies that try to evoke an emotional response, but it falls flat because it comes across as contrived. However, in this film there are some sincerely poignant moments. I hadn’t prepared to be so emotionally affected by this film, and so I wound up crying once or twice throughout its the 140-minute runtime.
In a nutshell, I had a great time with this film, it’s a perfect date film because it’s just a sweet and fluffy rom-com. If you like Schumer’s off brand sense of humor, then this film is obviously the right fit for you, I honestly cannot imagine someone not being charmed by this film. ‘Trainwreck’ is a vastly entertaining and truly heartfelt blend of Schumer and Apatow’s individual comedic styles. This is, without a doubt, the best comedy of the summer, I’d recommend you check it out, even at full-price.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- The Virgin Mary “The turbulent course of Mary’s remarkable life, the difficult choices she made, the terrible ordeals she survived, changed history and transformed the lives of millions for all time” (Biography - Mary of Nazareth,1996). Mary, the mother of Jesus is thought highly of by all Christian faiths. In addition, Catholics hold Mary as the first saint and worship her. I feel Catholics are more accurate when it comes to praising Mary for her devotion to God. Mary should be more of a model for every Christian follower, because of the trust she had in God and the sacrifices she made for all of us.... [tags: Religion Christianity]
2582 words (7.4 pages)
- Virgin Mobile Given VMs target market, VM should structure its pricing model based on option 3. Virgin Mobile should institute the whole new plan model based on the fact that it is a radical departure from the rest of the cell phone industry. Refer to the Virgin brand values to find that one of their core values is to move into areas where customers have traditionally received a poor deal and offer something better, fresher, and more valuable. Virgin also takes pride in offering innovation and a sense of competitive challenge.... [tags: Business Strategy Analysis]
1940 words (5.5 pages)
- The Virgin Suicides Film Summation Set in 1970s Michigan, The Virgin Suicides (1999) tells the story of the five Lisbon sisters from the perspective of four neighborhood boys, whose narration throughout the movie describes the girls’ lives, personalities, and deaths. Therese, Mary, Bonnie, Lux, and Cecilia Lisbon (listed oldest to youngest) live at home with their two overly strict and protective parents. The film opens up with thirteen-year-old Cecilia attempting to kill herself by slitting her wrists in the bathtub.... [tags: Schizophrenia, Mental disorder]
3105 words (8.9 pages)
- The Virgin Suicides is a Pulitzer Prize winning novel written in 1993 by Jeffrey Eugenides. It was his debut novel. It centers on a group of unnamed neighborhood boys who are captivated by the five mysterious Lisbon sisters. The book was critically acclaimed for its unique first person plural narrative and received numerous awards. The book originally appeared as a short story that won an Aga Khan Prize for Fiction in 1991. The short story eventually developed into the first chapter of The Virgin Suicides.... [tags: character analysis]
2029 words (5.8 pages)
- Niall is a cheerful and energetic, 21 year old man. Niall lives a normal life, consisted of playing guitar and attending school to become a music producer. From a stranger’s viewpoint, there is nothing wrong with Niall. The teenage years are supposed to be exciting and reckless. As a teen, the average person becomes rebellious, starts to drink, and begins to have sex. While growing up, Niall only accomplished two of the three. Niall lacks understanding of the joys of having a sexual relationship and becomes quite disgusted when people refer to it.... [tags: Human sexuality, Human sexual behavior]
1573 words (4.5 pages)
- Early in the management of the FLSA, it became apparent that submission of the statutory minimum salary was expected to produce undesirable consequences upon the finances of Puerto Rico and the Virgin isles if applied to all of their covered industries. Consequently on June 26, 1940, an amendment was enacted prescribing the establishment of exceptional commerce managing groups to determine, and topic through salary instructions, the smallest salary grades applicable in Puerto Rico and the Virgin isles.... [tags: flsa, amendment, salary]
1177 words (3.4 pages)
- What a sensation was made about the Sensation exhibition in the Brooklyn Museum of Art. The focus of Mayor Giuliani’s outcry was the piece “The Holy Virgin Mary” by Chris Ofili. Funny, he didn’t give attention to some of the other outrageous works including the pubescent female mannequins studded with erect penises, vaginas, and anuses, fused together in various postures of sexual coupling, or the portrait of a child molester and murder made from what appears like child hand prints or bisected animals in plexiglass tanks full of formaldehyde.... [tags: essays research papers]
2191 words (6.3 pages)
- US Virgin Islands has a lot to offer whatever it is you are looking for. I am sure you can find it there. The US Virgin Islands are my favorite place outside of Philadelphia because of it stunning landscaping, unlimited duty free shopping and outstanding weather. In US Virgin Islands you can enjoys all activities anything from water sports around the island to a short boat trip to St. John?s and St. Croix. You can take advantage of the duty free shopping or enjoy yourself on the beautiful sandy beaches.... [tags: essays research papers, narrative, descriptive]
543 words (1.6 pages)
- Virgo, modest and meticulous. Virgoans are also fastidious and perfectionistic. Perfectionistic is not a real word and the first persn to point that out will be a Virgo. Virgo is the lone female of the twelve signs, although there has been some talk about Scorpio. Virgos are emotionally cold but they make wonderful refrigerator sales people, sometimes even evolving into appliances. Remember Virgo NFL star, William Refrigerator Perry. These late summer babes usually conceal their emotions. Still waters run deep or if you prefer, deep bottoms run high.... [tags: romance, expression, star, success]
663 words (1.9 pages)
- Top 20 Mocktails for the New Year New Year is the perfect time to arrange parties and invite guests. The party feels complete with varieties of foods and drinks. Both alcoholic and non alcoholic beverages must be kept on the serving table for entertaining the guests of all age groups. Mocktails are combination of drinks in a subtle way to keep out alcohol from the drink. Colorful drinks will definitely make your guests feel satisfied. Here is a list of some fabulous non alcoholic drinks that can be prepared in minutes.... [tags: non alcoholic cocktails]
604 words (1.7 pages)