The first guitar p...
... middle of paper ...
...e. Super Star of Rock: Their Lives and Their Music. New York: Julian Messner. 1980. Print.
"Electrified, Amplified, and Deified: The Electric Guitar, Its Makers, and Its Players: Smithsonian Lemelson Center." Electrified, Amplified, and Deified: The Electric Guitar, Its Makers, and Its Players :: Smithsonian Lemelson Center. Web. 30 Oct. 2013.
Grunfeld, Frederic V. The Art and Times of the Guitar. Toronto, Ontario: The Macmillan Company. 1969. Print.
Prato, Greg. "AllMusic." AllMusic. Web. 15 Nov. 2013.
"The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Museum." Eric Clapton: Inducted in 2000. N.p., n.d. Web. 30 Oct. 2013.
"The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Museum." Jimi Hendrix. Web. 30 Oct. 2013.
Stambler, Irwin. Guitar Years: Pop Music Country and Western to Hard Rock. New York: Doubleday & Company, Inc. 1970. Print.
"Ten Famous Guitar Pioneers." - For Dummies. Web. 30 Oct. 2013.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- History and Influences of the Guitar My paper will be discussing the history, culture, and influences of guitar throughout the ages. This will be going back to the time of the lute and rebec as they were all early forms of string instruments related to the guitar family. This is going through the beginning of the instrument’s time, throughout the different time periods, elaborating on its significance in music. The guitar is a well-known instrument and staple in the music industry in all genres of music.... [tags: guitar like instruments]
1313 words (3.8 pages)
- The History of the Beatles The Beatles are known to many as one of the greatest bands of all time. Their music has influenced many people, including the Queen of England, future musicians, parents, and teens. All four, Ringo Starr, Paul McCarteny, John Lennon, and George Harrison, were knighted by the Queen. The controversy of the statement made by John Lennon that "sparked protesters everywhere to burn countless records. Teens were influenced by the peaceful lyrics and hippie messages. Numerous musicians of today count the Beatles among of their inspirations.... [tags: Essay on The Beatles]
1522 words (4.3 pages)
- Rock and roll has developed a long way throughout the years from a dance craze in the 1950’s to a political and cultural landscape that is recognized worldwide. Rock and roll has come to define the roots of teenage rebellion, people who don’t follow the norms, and have disrespect for authority. The style of rock and roll itself is a melting pot of music, a combination of sounds that include jazz, country, blues, ragtime, gospel, swing, classical, and ethnic music. It can be a simple variation of three chords to a complex chromatic scale combination.... [tags: Rock and Roll Will Never Die]
2091 words (6 pages)
- Beowulf is a tale of the greatest hero in history or is it. There are many different versions of Beowulf, but I am only going to compare the recent animation movie and the abridged version. The latest movie version of Beowulf is very different than the book. The main difference is that Beowulf makes love to a demon and has son with her. The Beowulf in the book is portrayed as an unmovable stone this is pure of heart who only wants to have all the glory. These two Beowulf's are the same and different all at the same time which creates an interesting comparison.... [tags: story and character analysis]
599 words (1.7 pages)
- Who knew basketball would evolve into this. It just may be the greatest event in sports history. It all started when the game was invented way back in 1891 in Springfield, Massachusetts, by the one and only Dr. James Naismith. Its crazy to think that girls started to play only one year after the game was invented. Women were ready to take on this sport, but were men ready to accept that women were just as good as them. Although most people looked at basketball as a male dominated sport, women have proved them wrong.... [tags: Basketball, James Naismith]
1088 words (3.1 pages)
- The Louisiana Purchase is known as the greatest “real estate deals in history.” This territory included current Louisiana and part of Florida all the way north into Canada and expanded westward. This piece of land went through different periods of ownership between Spain and France before France sold the land to the United States. For a while, many US citizens and congressmen did not know the importance of owning this piece of land, therefore when it came to Congress voting about the purchase it almost failed.... [tags: Louisiana purchase, spain, france]
978 words (2.8 pages)
- ... As the disk would rotate, it would scan an image in all three colors, using all three systems with each turn of the disk this would generate a full colored image. Early electronic television Around 1930, it was seen that mechanical television would never be able to produce a proper quality which could be used for commercials and other programs. An electronic television needs a picture tube this allowed to display the picture and an electronic camera tube was needed in order to capture the image.... [tags: greatest invention, documentaries]
1477 words (4.2 pages)
- This paper will be an updated version of my last paper which talked about a portion of Barry Gordy's background, Diana Ross and the Supremes, the Four Tops, Smokey Robinson and the Miracles, the Temptations and their start at Motown. How Motown was the first American music label owned by an African-American, the first music label to successfully market black artists to white mainstream audiences. How Motown was responsible for discovering, mentoring, and perfecting a lot of American popular music's most influential and successful artists and the best albums and artists and what new artists have entered Motown.... [tags: Cocaine Addiction, Greatest Hits]
1540 words (4.4 pages)
- Tom Brokaw’s The Greatest Generation In Tom Brokaw’s book, The Greatest Generation, the author portrays ordinary people of a certain generation as having qualities of greatness and heroism. He tells stories of average people that lived inspiring lives through many hardships, and declares today’s society as the beneficiary of their challenging work and commitment. Brokaw’s generous and proficient use of imagery helps to persuade the reader to believe that the people of “the greatest generation” are, indeed, heroic.... [tags: Brokaw Greatest Generation Essays]
1416 words (4 pages)
- This essay will illustrate why Napoleon Bonaparte is regarded as one of the greatest military masterminds in the history of mankind. It will show the life of Napoleon from when he was a young boy, till he died in 1821. It will show how he deceived the French into giving him power, and how he used this power for his own interests. It will also reveal how Napoleon almost killed of an entire generation of France, and proved that all good things always come to an end. Napoleon Bonaparte was born on August 15, 1769 in Ajaccio on the island of Corsica near Italy.... [tags: Bonaparte French History Essays]
3209 words (9.2 pages)