Honors English I
November 5, 2014
September 11 Attacks
Thesis: The 9/11 attacks were a terrible tragedy for the United States citizens. It had a huge economical and physical impact on our country, and especially in New York City. The attacks devastated us, and we will never forget it.
A. Series of attacks on World Trade Center.
B. Crashed into each tower at a high speed.
II. Flight 93.
A. Hijacked forty minutes after departure.
B. Attendants and passengers took action.
III. Who Did it / al-Qaeda.
A. al-Qaeda hijacked planes (nineteen Militants).
B. Prime Suspect.
C. Twenty-Five Million bounty on Osama Bin Laden.
D. Some are alive and well.
IV. Survivors / Casualties.
A. Over 3,000 people died, 400 Police Officers, 343 Fire Fighters.
B. Glimmer of Hope, more survivors might be there.
V. President Bush.
A. His Speech.
B. U.S. Will track down insurgents, or those responsible.
VI. Aftermath .
A. Part of financial district, Stock Markets closed.
B. Plunged U.S. into war.
C. Cost of damage is sixty billion.
D. Made Millions off stocks of United and American Airlines.
VII. Conspiracy Theories.
A. Powerful Air force.
B. Collapsed in their own footprint.
C. Amateur Pilot Maneuver.
D. No Debris at Shanksville Pennsylvania.
E. No other steel frame collapsed due to fire?
The 9/11 Attacks
The 9/11 Attacks were a terrible and horrific tragedy for the citizens of our country, the Unite States. It had a huge economical and physical impact on our people, and especially of the people who reside in New York City. The attacks devastated our citizens, and we will never forget them.
These attacks are typically called the 9/11 attacks. They were a sequence of attac...
... middle of paper ...
...” September 11, 2014. avibtimes.com/articles/ 565933/20140911/September-11-9-facts-terrorist-attacks-america.html1#VBNQBV6NCS. 17 September 2014.
Rudin, Mike. “9/11 COnspiracy Theories” BC News Magazine 29 August 2011
Schnemann, Serge. “President vows to exact punishment for “Evil”, New York Times. 12 September 2001. www.nytimes.com/packages/html/nyregion/9-11imagemap.hmtl. 29 September 2014.
“September 11th Fast Facts” September 8, 2014. www.CNN.com/2013/07/27/US/September-11-anniversary-fast-facts/ 17 September 2014
“The September 11th terrorist attacks” www.BBC.co.uk/history/events/the-september-11th-terrorist-attacks 25 September 2014
“9/11 Attacks” 2010. http://www.history.com/topics/9-11-attacks 16 September 2014
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- The War on Terrorism On November 13th, 2015, a terrorist attack was lead on Paris and succeeded in killing one hundred and thirty people and injuring over three hundred. On November 24th, President Obama and President Hollande of Paris held a joint press conference to address the happenings on the thirteenth. President Obama immediately expressed his, and our country’s, sorrow for the events and explained the United States will stand united with France on the war against terrorism. During Obama’s first statement, the president explained how the attacks on Paris were not just an attack on France, but of the whole world.... [tags: United States]
958 words (2.7 pages)
- On the date of September 11th, 2001 tragedy struck and shook our nation. On 9/11 four planes got hijacked and came straight towards United States soil. At the time no one was aware of what had happened until it was too late. The first two planes had hit the north and south building of the World Trade Center. The third plane rammed straight into the Pentagon and the fourth was heading towards Washington, DC became reacquired by brave American citizens who lost their lives when the plane went down in Pennsylvania.... [tags: September 11 attacks, World Trade Center]
718 words (2.1 pages)
- In the West Michigan Lakeshore area, there are many various museums, which are over looked by not only Muskegon Community College students but also most of the Muskegon community. Most of the visitors to museums are not college students or middle age community members but it is the older community members, which view museums more often. We discovered this in our History 202 course with the assigned museum assignments. The museum assignments opened the minds of many individuals in the course as well as it forced/encouraged individuals to go to the museums in which they have never been.... [tags: September 11 attacks, World Trade Center]
2251 words (6.4 pages)
- The terrorist attacks of September 11, 2001 were horrific and traumatic events that affected not only the United States but had global ramifications as well. The events of that day produced immediate and long term effects on numerous aspects of society. The human tragedy in the loss of human life was immeasurable. The societal effects of 9/11 continue to be present even today as the war against terror continues. It is difficult to measure the societal impacts, but the economic cost of the attacks, have been and continue to be measured.... [tags: September 11 attacks, United States, September 11]
724 words (2.1 pages)
- On September 11, 2001 a series of extremely terrible events happened in New York City, New York. Al-Qaeda planned intelligently conducted events, known as suicide attacks. Nineteen al-Qaeda members hijacked four commercial airplanes, including United Airlines Flight 93, American Airlines Flight 11, American Airlines Flight 77 and United Airlines 175. Two of the planes purposely crashed into the World Trade Center buildings. Also, another plane crashed into the Pentagon in Arlington, VA. and the fourth plane crashed in Shanksville, Pennsylvania.... [tags: September 11 attacks, United States, Al-Qaeda]
1211 words (3.5 pages)
- United Through Tragedy Throughout our lives, one will encounter many people, places, and circumstances that remain in his or her memory. On November 6th of 2016, I interviewed my 60-year old father, Stewart Baxter, regarding the most significant event in his life. Stewart was born on April 29, 1956 in Evanston, Illinois and was raised in Indianapolis, Indiana. This interview was conducted in person and notes were recorded throughout the interview on a laptop. Before conducting the interview, I provided my father with a preview of what topic the interview would cover.... [tags: September 11 attacks, World Trade Center]
850 words (2.4 pages)
- United Through Tragedy On November 6th of 2016, I interviewed my 60-year old father, Stewart Baxter, regarding the most significant event in his life. Stewart was born on April 29, 1956 in Evanston, Illinois and he was raised in Indianapolis, Indiana. This interview was conducted in person and notes were recorded throughout the interview on a laptop. Before conducting the interview, I provided my father with a preview of what topic the interview would cover. Specifically, I shared that I would be asking about an event in his lifetime that he believes is the most significant.... [tags: September 11 attacks, World Trade Center]
821 words (2.3 pages)
- One of the most deadliest and horrific terrorist incidents occurred in Bath, Michigan in May of 1927. Forty-five people were killed during the incident, including the bomber. The bomber, 55 year old, Andrew Kehoe was angry about a new tax charged to the community to finance a new school. Andrew Kehoe was a school board member and was the school’s caretaker. He also worked as a machinist and electrician. Throughout his adult life, Kehoe routinely campaigned for lower taxes. After a series of financial hardships (losing his house and farm) and personnel tragedy (his wife became chronically ill), Kehoe blamed the new tax and the new constructed school for his predicament.... [tags: terrorist, deaths, explosives]
1205 words (3.4 pages)
- After the terrorist attacks on September 11th 2001, there has been a reemergence of comparisons between the events of Pearl Harbor and the terrorist attacks in New York. Although the timing of when Band of Brother’s was released on HBO was a poorly planned to the attacks in New York, it could be argued that the United States government was able to use the images found within Band of Brothers for their own agenda to push for a War on Terror. Band of Brothers has representations of brotherhood and an image of a masculine American soldier, which could be used by the government to push for going to war in the Middle East.... [tags: United States, World War II, September 11 attacks]
905 words (2.6 pages)
- Are there heroes in today’s society. No one thinks of themselves as a hero, but it does not take any special skills to be a hero because anyone can be a hero. The characteristics of a hero only show up when there is a time of need such as a major catastrophe or minor incidents that happen on a daily basis. During the twenty-first century there have been quite a few major catastrophes. The major catastrophes include the 9/11 attacks, two major hurricanes (Hurricane Katrina and Hurricane Sandy), and the Boston marathon bombing.... [tags: World Trade Center, September 11 attacks]
1876 words (5.4 pages)