Essay PreviewMore ↓
Buying a computer it is a very important decision. First decide that range of money you are willing to spend. Then research the many different companies and the product they have to offer. Then after deciding the company to purchase the computer the next step is to price watch. On the contrary there are people to hire to do all that and build the computer and a much less costly price. This paper will discuss both sides of consumer smart shopping.
In deciding the range of money to spend consider a number of different things in making you consumer smart decisions. There are many e-businesses that offer a lower price than a walk- in store . For example go to a web page and order the computer or if building the computer order the parts at a very reasonable price. Also if going the route of building a computer, if the consumer is not computer literate, research many different companies on the web that will build the computer. All that is involved is sending the company of your choice the parts of your choice and they will assemble the computer and send the finished product.
Deciding which company to intrust in purchasing a computer from is a very hard decision. First, research the product and check up on the companies that they buy their components from. Many consumers do not know but when buying a computer the consumer has the choice of components that are inside the computer. If you do not like a certain companies product you can always switch to another company or just not have that components put in at all. For a very small price you can buy the components of your choice and have someone put it in the computer for you.
Many consumers are computer illiterate and they just choose the computer that is the cheapest. Buy a computer is one of those situations that the old quote "you get what you pay for" is very true. When you buy a cheap computer you are getting generic parts and low quality parts at that. When hiring a person to build a computer you can tell them the quality of product you want in your computer. So that way, you actually get what you pay for and for a much less amount.
How to Cite this Page
"How To Purchase a New Computer." 123HelpMe.com. 17 Jan 2020
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- It all began when an up-and-coming 19-year college freshman name Michael Dell brought a Mac computer, took it apart just to understand how it worked. Michael Dell quit school, invested $1000 of his own money and establish PC’s Limited in 1984. PC’s Limited began by buying old computers, making improvements and retailing them for a profit. Once consumers learned more about PC’s, they wanted newer versions of the current PC’s Michael Dell made a decision, he would manufacture his own PC. The timing was perfect, there wasn’t much competition upgrading computer systems.... [tags: Personal computer, Dell, Laptop, Hewlett-Packard]
1563 words (4.5 pages)
- If you are searching for for a computer, there are several aspects to consider. Can it be employed for the property, your office or maybe even your home office mix. To begin with, before choosing whether to store for desktop or notebook computers you will need to set a budget for your new buy. Because they are not meant to be transferred around a lot, many workplaces use desk-top computers. Additionally, value regularly plays a significant role in someone 's decision regarding whether to purchase desktop or laptop computers.... [tags: Personal computer, Laptop, Desktop computer]
857 words (2.4 pages)
- Did your phone just ring. Or was that your computer notifying you of a new email. Since the Digital Revolution and the addition of digital electronics like the personal computer, software-based technology has always been an essential aspect of our lives. Something that would have taken up an entire classroom can now fit within the grasp of your hands thanks to the efforts of various computer scientists and engineers, making our lives much easier. My passion for both software and hardware behind it stems from having been fortunate enough to be introduced to it at a young age.... [tags: Computer, Software engineering, Computation]
1066 words (3 pages)
- This is why the pricing strategy that newcomer, Jason Jowers is working on is so important for the promotion of this new package that is being offered. Atlantic Computer is looking to compete against one of its competitors; Ontario Computer, Inc., who has claimed about 50% of the low-end basic server market. The business consumers will be attracted to the Tronn and PESA because they will need a server that will allow them to keep their employees on the network, while improving operating costs at the same time.... [tags: Computer software, Computer, Marketing, Price]
1015 words (2.9 pages)
- Before I tell you how to upgrade or even just download and install your drivers for you computer, let me explain what they are. A computer driver is a piece of software that allows your hardware to run correctly and communicate with each other. Without these drivers, Your computer will not be able to talk to it 's hardware, and your hardware wont function correctly. Drivers are needed for Video, Sound, and Bios Readings as well as any other peripheral devices. DO not let your computer go without these drivers or else you will rip your hair out trying to get hardware to run.... [tags: Personal computer, Computer, Integrated circuit]
2229 words (6.4 pages)
- Introduction Hardware can be daunting. The following is a brief look at why every computer science major should be knowledgeable in the acronyms that abound within the computer industry. Overwhelming Factors Budding computer science majors can be thankful to Ken Thompson’s desire to travel space. It was this desire that maintained a failed attempt of an operating system by a joint venture of General Electric, Bell Labs, and Massachusetts Institute of Technology. The operating system was named Multics and was abandoned in the late sixties, yet Ken Thompson had programmed a game he named Space Travel for Multics and it still needed an operating system on which to run.... [tags: Computer Science]
950 words (2.7 pages)
- My New Computer If I had the opportunity to build my own computer I would add the following components: 1. Mother Board - $134.99 2. Processor - $78.99 3. RAM - $209.99 4. Power Supply - $96.96 5. Case - $49.99 6. CPU Cooler - N/A 7. Video Card - $74.99 8. Music Card - $85.47 9. Speakers - $48.67 10. Hard Drive - $168.90 11. CD – RW and DVD-RW – 49.99 12. Modem - $99.99 13. Keyboard & Mouse – $64.99 (before $20.00 rebate) 14. Monitor - $169.99 15. Software - $88.00 I would follow the format presented by Rob Williams, to build my own computer because he has already done the homework and offers several tutorials for the not so gifted and not quite computer literate.... [tags: Technology Building Computer]
1978 words (5.7 pages)
- Choosing a Computer System When considering the purchase of a system there are several components involved and those components are software, hardware, data, procedures and people. (Kroenke, 2008, pg.5) Also when purchasing a new computer system it can be extremely unnerving and costly. When thinking of the hardware of a computer system one would look for the following components: the size of the monitor, the CPU type and/or speed and the warranty that generally is offered with a new system.... [tags: Computer PC Technology]
1336 words (3.8 pages)
- Scenario 1 Sarah’s Flower Designs is a fledgling, home-based business in Madison, Wisconsin, consisting of three employees. Sarah, the owner, handles all of the floral arrangements. Her assistant, Mark, handles the purchasing of flowers, related materials, and takes telephone and walk-in orders from customers. Mark also keeps the financial and client records in order. Kim is the delivery driver and makes local deliveries to homes and businesses. Sarah’s Flower Designs is looking to upgrade its computer system (an older model PC) to help keep up with the growing demand of their customers.... [tags: Computer System Technology]
1171 words (3.3 pages)
- Computer Technology I. Introduction Over the past few decades, the advances of computer technology have undoubtedly increased the rate of information exchange. Communication across the globe is now done with ease, convenience, and speed. Accessing online bank accounts, instant messaging, online auctions, and communication via electronic email are just few examples of normal transactions that occur today. Although these advances have provided a tremendous positive impact on our society, it has also caused some controversial ethical issues, namely the privacy of personal information.... [tags: Argumentative Technological Computer papers]
2557 words (7.3 pages)
So in conclusion there are many different types of ways to shop for a new computer. You get more for your buck if you build a computer. There are many computer companies that offer a very good product, but the down side to that is you pay for a very good product. Finally it is a better buy having a friend build your next computer. A ton of money will be saved in the long run.