My passion for both software and hardware behind it stems from having been fortunate enough to be introduced to it at a young age. What may have originally been a simple fondness for video games developed into a curiosity regarding the nuts and bolts of the computer and a dedication to improve them. Subsequently, I plan to pursue software engineering in the future.
Software engineering encompasses various principles from both the computer science field and the computer engineering field to develop practical uses of software within hardware we use on a daily basis. With the passage of time, technology dependent on software has become increasingly prevalent. As a result, there will be a high demand for software engineers to sustain the eventual abundance of new and more complex computers. According to a survey conducted by Looksharp, “of all students who had graduated the year before (in 2014), less than half, 45%, had full time jobs at the time of the survey. However, of those students who studied computer science, 61% had full time jobs … Additionally, 31% of CS majors had full time job offers by graduation” (Johnson). This is a clear indication of the need for software engineers in the near future. Why? Because software will be a necessity in maintaining and improving society.
... middle of paper ...
...ould be like to not have any access to education at all, where knowledge does have its limitations. Creating inexpensive yet effective devices to connect to the internet gives the majority 57% who did not have access, the opportunity to learn from the various courses, lessons, and sources provided online.
It is clear that computers have helped us in the past: storing information electronically, manage global systems, connected us through the internet. As we wait for quantum computing to completely revolutionize the way we use computers, software engineers should focus on improving the affordability of internet-compatible devices to help with education which in turn improves society. As the smiths of the Iron Age were responsible in the creation of tools to help their society, studying software engineering will make the smiths of today, the smiths of the Digital Age.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- STATEMENT OF PURPOSE Name : Qualification : Bachelor of Engineering (B.E) in computer science Course Aspiration : M.S. In computer A fascination for Science & Technology and keen interest in the ever-growing world of technology motivated me to take up engineering. The power of research and delivering it for the growth of Society is what makes me interested in the technology side of science. I choose to major Computer science Engineering with an intense urge to delve into this challenging field.... [tags: field, fundamentals, interest, research]
1046 words (3 pages)
- Deciding what career you want to partake in life is defiantly not a straightforward task. One has to choose something they love to do because, in most situations, they will be in that career field for the rest of their life. This is why it is very important to choose something that you love to do and have a passion for. If you treasure the job you have, then you will live a much happier life. In my case, I am deciding to go into the field of electrical and computer science because it is something that is close to my heart.... [tags: Engineering, Electrical engineering]
1278 words (3.7 pages)
- As a young child, I always had an interest in computers and how they work. As a kindergartener, my parents gave me their old computer; a large creamed colored monstrosity that was considered old even for its time. Despite this, I was amazed by the device and how it worked. This interest continued with me as I grew older and went through school. Throughout middle school, I learned more about computers and took every chance I could taking computer classes. In high school, I took part in my first computer science class and learn the basics of coding.... [tags: Computer science, Computer, Programming language]
1474 words (4.2 pages)
- Computer Science is many things: engineering, math, science, art. The field is diverse; from coding robots who can map the bottoms of oceans to animating digital characters for Disney’s next film, computing has immersed itself in virtually every area and concentration of career. The idea of computing itself exists in both the physical and theoretical world, requiring abstract and concrete thinking to fully understand it. But what exactly makes computer science what it is. What specifically makes an profession that has been around for less than a century one of the most integral parts of modern society.... [tags: Science, Scientific method, Computer science]
1288 words (3.7 pages)
- Computer Science is a popular major with one of the brightest spots in the employments of current society as the world is becoming more and more advanced. People who graduate with a computer science degree are considered computer scientist; Computer scientists use technologies like computers, smart phones, and basic knowledge and reasoning to solve whatever problems they encounter. Computer Science Engineers write software programs that allow machines to do new things or improve tasks more efficiently; programs like Facebook, Twitter, and mobile messaging software have improved many people’s lives with easier and simpler ways of communication.... [tags: Computer science, Electrical engineering]
1220 words (3.5 pages)
- Google Essay Application Ekua Awotwi 200 words or less 1. What sparked your interest in computer science. How have you pursued this interest so far. What do you hope to accomplish with your computer science degree. I recall the feeling of power and freedom to create that I experienced from designing a brick breaker program in my first CS class at Stanford. This feeling struck a chord in me that went back to the childhood excitement I had when I was given my first video editing software. I would spend hours filming and editing short movies, making sure to cut the scenes and music precisely or finding the angles to accurately communicate the mood.... [tags: Computer science, Electrical engineering]
717 words (2 pages)
- Computer Science is an extensive field with plenty of options to choose from, whether you want to create a new software that will make the development of a certain task easier to perform, to monitor and modify existing programs to make them work faster and more efficiently, to understand the structure of new technology and having the ability to fix it if something goes wrong, or simply keeping up with the new machines that as years go by, are becoming more necessary for our daily lives, this is the field you will definitely pursue.... [tags: Software engineering, Computer, Computer science]
1195 words (3.4 pages)
- Mark Kruse has a degree in Computer Science. He worked a Kodak for most of his career before he moved on to Nexpress, and then to where he is now at a division of Sikorsky here in Rochester. His title is currently Senior Software Engineer. His official boss only has three subordinates (including him). However, for his current project, he is on a different team. That team consists of about a dozen separate people, including the boss. At Sikorsky, he’s doing stuff only on the “periphery” (i.e. a nonessential part) of military aircraft, so the team not organized very well—the requirements for any given feature often consist of only two sentences, and there’s no software development life cycle o... [tags: Software engineering, Computer, Computer science]
867 words (2.5 pages)
- Concepts of Feature Computer Science In the 21s century, the field of computer science is experiencing fundamental transformations. In this article “Three New Concepts of Future Computer Science” was written as an observation result of a new computer science resulted from the six-year Sino-USA computer science leadership exchanges. The authors of this article , Zhi-Wei and Dan-Dan Tun, list three new concepts of the future computer science: computational lens, computational thinking, and ternary computing.... [tags: Computer science, Computer, Fields of science]
1035 words (3 pages)
- An important field in computer science today is artificial intelligence. The novel approaches that computer scientists use in this field are looked to for answers to many of the problems that have not been solved through traditional approaches to software engineering thus far. One of the concepts studied and implemented for a variety of tasks in artificial intelligence today is neural networks; they have proven successful in offering an approach to some problems in the field, but they also have some failings.... [tags: Computer Science]
1080 words (3.1 pages)
- Metaphysics, Epistemology, And Political Philosophy
- Communication Related Conflict : Debbie 's Organization Within The Past Year
- I Was The Most Ineffective Member Of My Teaching Team
- The American Holocaust By David Stannard
- Misogyny, Objectification Of Women, And Sexual Assault
- Starbucks Swot Analysis : Mcdonald And Steve Jobs